Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Our First New Boat

CDAWake

2 hours ago, Bozboat said:

Get a can of air horn.   You will feel better when you can direct the sound straight at the lake lice that is jumping wakes behind your kids or the boat that is coming straight for you when you are picking up riders.

My favorite thing ever on my old boat was the pair of Rev80s and Rev410 with the WS420 because it had that microphone/PA cutover. I could really project over the PWC engine noise of those folks or straight to the boat coming up from behind.  

• Like 1
On 1/26/2023 at 1:35 PM, shawndoggy said:

For us it's a function of how we use the boat... trailer from home out on the lake all day.  That dumb thing takes up a lot of real estate in relation to how much use ours ever got.  

yea i only bring the learner stuff when i know for sure they are coming 

On 1/25/2023 at 11:43 AM, CDAWake said:

I was looking at the babz and they look great, do you deflate them to store them on your boat?

you usually deflate the newer big ones but you can mickey mouse ear them on the tower with the lets tie up bungees and lets tie up has great balls and bungies , they actually look cool as mickey ears  

Thanks for all the awesome feedback! I have lots to do. I am thinking I also probably want some lead as well for the times it is just our family of 4, hopefully I can buy that locally so I don't have to ship lead.

16 minutes ago, CDAWake said:

Thanks for all the awesome feedback! I have lots to do. I am thinking I also probably want some lead as well for the times it is just our family of 4, hopefully I can buy that locally so I don't have to ship lead.

i always get it from leadwake.com --> they use the "fits and it ships" approach from USPS.  i think $69 for a nice quality 50 lbs bag delivered to your door.  your postal employee may hate you - or even make you pick it up at local post office.

i'd suggest ~300 lbs for leveling the boat, port side towards the bow.

On 1/30/2023 at 3:52 PM, gtfish said:

Speaking of ballast bags, has anyone tried these?  seems like it would make sense for boaters that don't want to lug all that weight around or trailer their boats.   

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KJ4NR8N?ref=em_1p_2_ti&ref_=pe_27541520_689858580

Interesting idea, but i can't think of use case it would shine. Its same price as a 50 lbs lead bag but takes up 10x the volume meaning hiding it under a seat would be hard.

If you only need a couple bags then wouldnt effect trailering and I'd go lead for volume and convenience.

If you need a bunch of weight then cheaper to just get a single bigger fatsac w/ pump and itll fill in less money than its take to fill 6+ of those things anyway