Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

We did it better ???

pauley71

9 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

to that end, after 5+ years of rapid innovation/experimentation, seems like we are headed towards one homogeneous wake boat industry

well now it's just who can make the biggest, longest, deepest, most expensive wake boat. That's the way I see everyone going now. Adding more freeboard, the Ri267, 26LSV, X26 with head, etc

Prior to 2018 or even 2020 all of the brands were progressing and making pretty big changes, perfecting surf systems, thrusters, fast fill, etc. And now all the brands seemed to have pulled through with major improvements, Malibu with the M240, Centurion stepping up interior game, Nautique with the new G hull, MC new X series hulls, tige moving away from lenco. In my option performance  has levelled out and really comes down to personal preference 

• Like 2
OtherBoatisaCessna
On 1/19/2023 at 1:57 PM, cowwboy said:

Reminds me of their attempt of copying the mac adds.

Oh man, I’m still kinda new to this world, so… is this real??  Ooof Mastercraft :facepalm:

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, OtherBoatisaCessna said:

Oh man, I’m still kinda new to this world, so… is this real??  Ooof Mastercraft :facepalm:

Oh ya, they had a whole series trying to mock the entire industry. 

They are all on youtube. 

On 1/30/2023 at 6:12 AM, CaptainMorgan said:

i love the idea of being able to lay flat, will be interested to see if that becomes the new normal in the future. (i think Mastercraft also has a lay flat version coming out too).

I'll preface this by saying I own a MasterCraft but like coming over to this forum every once and a while to see whats up... 

FWIW, MasterCrafts flip seat has been able to lay flat since 2012. As others have said, the big players in the tow boat industry are "copying" eachother all the time; I don't think thats a bad thing. Once revolutionary ideas (such as Malibus one piece towers, 2004) have now become standards in the industry. Same goes for MasterCrafts transom seats/lounges and tower camera (2010), and Nautiques rear facing seating (2006). I don't think MasterCrafts flip step is something we should get worked up about. Lets be real, I doubt theirs a single Malibu owner out there who switched to Bu from MC solely because of the swim step. No one is going to gain/loose customers here. You know what I'm saying? 

As for MCs insta post, it was kinda pointless but also simply in the name of fun I think. Also, I read that the MC swimstep rotates 179* to get around Malibus patent that says their step rotates 180*. Not sure if that's true or not lol. 

Edited by TolCarMan
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, TolCarMan said:

Also, I read that the MC swimstep rotates 179* to get around Malibus patent that says their step rotates 180*. Not sure if that's true or not lol. 

LOL If that's true it'd be hilarious and some lawyer is gonna be kicking themselves. 

If you'll excuse me, i have to go write up one for 0 to 178 degrees and 181 to 360 #earlyretirementplan

3 hours ago, TolCarMan said:

I'll preface this by saying I own a MasterCraft but like coming over to this forum every once and a while to see whats up... 

FWIW, MasterCrafts flip seat has been able to lay flat since 2012. As others have said, the big players in the tow boat industry are "copying" eachother all the time; I don't think thats a bad thing. Once revolutionary ideas (such as Malibus one piece towers, 2004) have now become standards in the industry. Same goes for MasterCrafts transom seats/lounges and tower camera (2010), and Nautiques rear facing seating (2006). I don't think MasterCrafts flip step is something we should get worked up about. Lets be real, I doubt theirs a single Malibu owner out there who switched to Bu from MC solely because of the swim step. No one is going to gain/loose customers here. You know what I'm saying? 

As for MCs insta post, it was kinda pointless but also simply in the name of fun I think. Also, I read that the MC swimstep rotates 179* to get around Malibus patent that says their step rotates 180*. Not sure if that's true or not lol. 

It’s called R&D, Research and Duplicate. This is how the RV industry operates. Very few patents though.

Okay, essentially saw these side by side at the show this weekend.  The thought that the MC version is better is a complete joke....  MC certainly does some things better: cool touch, rear camera, rear lounge seats (on X series) - the step is far from one.  One, it is smaller surface area, two, the 'brackets' that keep it from floating up or deploying are a friction design.  There is absolutely no way one of my kids could deploy it or stow it.  My eight year old daughter can put ours up and down and both kids can sit on it at the same time.