Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

struggling with getting a good wake on our brrand new 23 Lsv

kenzs

We have had our 23 Lsv for about a month now and we are struggling with the presets we are finding when its really big its good but just to step for our riders and when we get it how they want it washes out on the other side then we move weight i would like you guys to tell me how much weight and where you put the wedge then im going to go out test them all and hope fully find some setup we like 

wake size is for younger people doing wake to wakes and half cabs so not massive

surf wave is perfect just cannot get this wakeboard wave which is really annoying 

also not cannot upload photo of boat for some reason thanks for the help and recommendations 

Ignore this message .. I wasn't paying attention .. thanks @hunter77ah 

When surfing .. look at the DEPLOYED surf gate.  If water is coming over the top (a little is ok) then it will wash out the surf side.  That means you have too much weight on that side of the boat.  If riding regular, I almost never have the starboard side bag full or move more people around.  

If you want the wave larger, slow down or add more weight in the rear (but the bow will rise if you do this).  If you want it longer, put more weight in the front.  The wave will get smaller (slightly) but have more push.

Edited by pauley71

historically on my 2014 23lsv and previous generations putting more weight in the bow was the way to get the wave to clean up at slower speeds for smaller riders, but with my 2017 25 lsv and 2022 25lsv the bow weight doesn't seem to help. (pic is from 2yrs ago when my son is 10 ) and if i had to guess his settings were 60ft rope at 16mph most likley. there is still a little wash a the lip,

I dont know how small your riders are but shortening the rope as much as you can and only using 25-50% of the midship ballast with no wedge is what id try 1st, 

my kids rarely wakeboard any more , and now they are big enough to handle 18MPH which is where the wake seems to clean up at almost any length of rope

IMG_5718.JPG

The 23LSV should be great at a progressive wake for all skill set riders. I wouldn't use the wedge at all, or if you do maybe in lift mode. then slowly add midship ballast

big boats and slow speeds def do not make clean wakes, my a20 was clean with or without wedge, with or without stock ballast plus 710 of lead pretty much 17-18 on up on both sides at all times, most big boats only give you one side clean at a time even when fast

9 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

most big boats only give you one side clean at a time even when fast

My 23 LSV will clean both sides easily above 20 with even weight distribution side to side. Got to ride level.

On 1/11/2023 at 1:49 PM, dalt1 said:

My 23 LSV will clean both sides easily above 20 with even weight distribution side to side. Got to ride level.

wakeboard generate far more pulling of the boat over than a foil does, 

11 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

wakeboard generate far more pulling of the boat over than a foil does, 

So you saying wake boards can't get even wake on both sides? Would think would be pretty close to even there. We rail in just like they do to build our line tension.

On 1/9/2023 at 2:43 AM, kenzs said:

We have had our 23 Lsv for about a month now and we are struggling with the presets we are finding when its really big its good but just to step for our riders and when we get it how they want it washes out on the other side then we move weight i would like you guys to tell me how much weight and where you put the wedge then im going to go out test them all and hope fully find some setup we like 

wake size is for younger people doing wake to wakes and half cabs so not massive

surf wave is perfect just cannot get this wakeboard wave which is really annoying 

also not cannot upload photo of boat for some reason thanks for the help and recommendations 

couple questions and a couple thoughts.  First, what speed are you trying to get a clean wake at?  Do you have any extra lead in your boat?

With the 23lsv you can for sure get a clean wake at 18mph and it's even easier with a bit more speed.  However, at the lower speeds it can be easy to have too much ballast/wedge.  When my young kids are riding around 18mph I have a little weight in the bow and about 1/2 full center tank maybe up to 75%, wedge for this setup is typically in stow.  With that said I always have 500 lbs of additional lead in the boat.  you don't have to have that much but unless you have a decent amount of passenger weight I would suggest having at least a few hundred pounds on the port side to offset the prop torque otherwise it's more of a struggle to balance things out..   I like to have enough lead in my boat so it rides perfect with my typical crew size and then make minor adjustments from there if crew size increases.

hope that gives you a good starting place.

also, if you are riding a bit faster say 20mph you can get a really clean wake several ways with or without the wedge depending on size and shape you want

thanks guys for the replys. 14 year is riding at about 22 mph and one side is fully crumbling. first malibu so have no idea how anything really works with power wedge we have no extra ballast. moved weight over to side which was crumbling. 

would love if you guys could send me  what setting you put in your boat like mid - 75% wedge - stow eg. and i will head out for a day and try everything 

if this dosent work i will head to my dealer which is roughly 8 hrs away and get them to come out with me