Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boating Questionnaire

UTresearch

Dan,

Tht was one of (if not THE) funniest posts I've read on the web.

Surprised.gif

Well Done!!

Mook

Note: The use of smilie's to answer questions like the "perceived quality", and the purpose of the TAPS system had me rollin' !!

:blush: Thanks for the compliment, but I actually answered seriously...

OK, I'll bite...

What is your main purpose with a boat? Sports? Fishing? Family time?

Barefoot and occasionnally mating.

Not sure if I've ever heard of this new sport. Do you have pics?

I do have some pictures, but Tracy won't let me post them... Dontknow.gif

Edited by 1FootDan

Dan,

Tht was one of (if not THE) funniest posts I've read on the web.

Surprised.gif

Well Done!!

Mook

Note: The use of smilie's to answer questions like the "perceived quality", and the purpose of the TAPS system had me rollin' !!

:blush: Thanks for the compliment, but I answered seriously...

OK, I'll bite...

Barefoot and occasionnally mating.

Not sure if I've ever heard of this new sport. Do you have pics?

I do have some pictures, but Tracy won't let me post them... Dontknow.gif

Now people, please stop PMing me, I will not send the pictures... Fingerwag.gif

NO WAY!!! :lol: Do you have a link you could post??

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3298

There is another one slightly different here:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3360

Yeah our very own UTResearch guy had this to say over there:

"And yes, I am aware I'm posting this on a Tige forum and our questions are Tige specific. For clarification - we are actually doing research for our class FOR Tige and we thought it would be nice to have some perspective from Tige owners. Hope this clarifies things somewhat, and thanks for helping me out!"

All he had to do was change the word Tige to Malibu when he posted that poll here and we all would have jumped all over it and filled it out just like the Tige guys did. Funny how they all rated Tige #1..are those Tige owners biased or what?? ROFL.gif

Edited by areamike

NO WAY!!! :lol: Do you have a link you could post??

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3298

There is another one slightly different here:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3360

Yeah our very own UTResearch guy had this to say over there:

"And yes, I am aware I'm posting this on a Tige forum and our questions are Tige specific. For clarification - we are actually doing research for our class FOR Tige and we thought it would be nice to have some perspective from Tige owners. Hope this clarifies things somewhat, and thanks for helping me out!"

All he had to do was change the word Tige to Malibu when he posted that poll here and we all would have jumped all over it and filled it out just like the Tige guys did. Funny how they all rated Tige #1..are those Tige owners biased or what?? ROFL.gif

I think even if the person posted here and said it was for Tige we would have done it, but to post those personal questions on a public forum seems strange.

The person that posted with the second link has a much better chance at getting responses in my opinion. The web survey where the answers are not public. In addition I think the answers will be more truthful. How many Tige owners would NOT rate Tige #1 when everyone else on the Tige forums is going to see it?

One person did rate Tige 2nd and no one gave him sh--. ROFL.gif

Please rate the following boats on preference in order from 1-8 (1 being the best and 8 the worst)

Malibu _3___

Mastercraft __1__

Correct Craft __4__

Supra/Moomba __7__

Centurion __6__

Tige __2__

Cobal _5___

Regal _8___

One person did rate Tige 2nd and no one gave him sh--. ROFL.gif

Please rate the following boats on preference in order from 1-8 (1 being the best and 8 the worst)

Malibu _3___

Mastercraft __1__

Correct Craft __4__

Supra/Moomba __7__

Centurion __6__

Tige __2__

Cobal _5___

Regal _8___

Very interesting people over there in the Tige world Crazy.gif . If they have high ratings for cobal regal but low rating for bu's, mc, cc then they should have bought a runabout or one of the aluminum rental boats since they can't handle a hardcore ski/wakeboard boat. Tongue.gif

Hello all!

I'm a student at the University of Texas at Austin and I'm conducting a research study on boating characteristics. I would really appreciate it if you all could just fill this questionnaire out as much or as little as you want. It would really help our research go a long way! Feel free to ask me questions if you have more. Thank you so much! =)

Age______ Gender_____

Income: Below 40,000, 40,000-80,000, 80,000-120,000, 120,000 and above

Who was the prime influencer in your decision to purchase a boat?

How important were each of these characteristics in your boat purchase?

Design?

Speed?

Brand/Quality?

Safety?

Price?

Other?

How much experience have you had with boating?

Is this your first boat purchase? Or have you owned a boat previously?

If so:

How long did the quality last?

Why did you choose to purchase another?

How often do you use your boat?

Season specific?

Or specific to certain occasions?

Circle the boating brands in which you prefer or are familiar with:

Malibu Mastercraft Correct Craft Supra/Moomba

Centurion Tige Cobal Regal

Malibu ____

Mastercraft ____

Correct Craft ____

Supra/Moomba ____

Centurion ____

Tige ____

Cobal ____

Regal ____

Are you familiar with Tige? How much do you know about it?

What is your perceived quality?

Are you aware of the TAPS2 system?

OK, I am a recreational skiier getting into learning the course. Had not skiied behind any real ski boat (just an old boat with an outboard growing up). Decided to buy a real boat for me and the wife and kids. I read in the 06 Waterski magazine last year that the Tige 21i was a good all around boat for ski and wakeboarding. I tried skiing it and the wake was like a brick wall. So, I thought I would try their best ski boat, 20i, the wake was softer but pretty large. Maybe at 36 mph it is good, but not at 32-34. I assumed that was how all ski boats must be. I thought I should try the LXI since the magazine said it was great also. Man, it was night and day, I fell in love with the boat-wake was incredible-I couldn't hardly feel it. The handling was amazing. Needless to say, I have the 07 LXI on order.

Just after this "college project" was posted, I said I suspected this "may be a wolf in sheep's clothing"..... and said this person had not earned the right for answers here at The Crew.

A few posts back, we find out the following:

"Yeah our very own UTResearch guy had this to say over there: "And yes, I am aware I'm posting this on a Tige forum and our questions are Tige specific. For clarification - we are actually doing research for our class FOR Tige and we thought it would be nice to have some perspective from Tige owners. Hope this clarifies things somewhat, and thanks for helping me out!"

As far as I'm concerned, this student was acting for (or on behalf of) Tige. He had a responsibility to provide full disclosure to us re his objectives. In essence, he misrepresented his motives. It's too easy for statisitics/answers to be misrepresented, misunderstood, or taken out of context. Whatever we said could have been "spun" in a variety of ways that could have negatively affected Malibu and/or The Crew.

Just imagine a quote: "Even current Malibu owners believe the Tige system offers watersport enthusiasts a high quality boating experience". Or how about this: "Obviously Malibu owners are close minded to the advanced technology offered by other manufacturers." Anybody can spin statistics to make whatever statement they want.

Call me skeptical. I'm proud of our on-line community and don't want anybody misrepresenting us, our boats, or how we feel.

It smelled before.... and still smells.

Edited by doughickey
  • 4 months later...

I'm surprised no one caught this guys ability to count to eight....even if they did tie... ROFL.gif

_____jleger98_____________________________________ ___

Age___35___ Gender__m___

Income: Below 40,000, 40,000-80,000, 80,000-120,000, 120,000 and above

120+

Malibu _6___

Mastercraft __2__

Correct Craft __2__

Supra/Moomba __2__

Centurion __4__

Tige __1__

Cobal __7__

Regal __7__