Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who uses what??

DRAGONFLYPRINCESS

We had to just send in the Warning labels and cut out the air intakes on our Kite Tube that was recalled. WE still have the tube, but it will require repair to get it fixed. Overton's gave us our money back too. We did not want to exchange for 3-4 other tubes...

Yeh, we cut the warnings off the cover and cut out both of the inflator valves with a 4 inch margin. That thing will never fly again, but I have to say that the ol' Big Mable is a generally much more usable tube.

Isn't tubing illegal in most states

"Most" States? Gee, I've never heard of that. Can you name a few if any States where it is illegal?

In the state of Mind.

:lol:

Isn't tubing illegal in most states

"Most" States? Gee, I've never heard of that. Can you name a few if any States where it is illegal?

In the state of Mind.

:lol:

I personally would like to vote now that they make tubing Illegal on my lake at least. Nothing bites my butt more than PWC's(HATE THEM) than Grandma and Grandpa out on the Lake at 6 am doing donuts while pulling a tube when we are trying to Barefoot....jerks!

I personally would like to vote now that they make tubing Illegal on my lake at least. Nothing bites my butt more than PWC's(HATE THEM) than Grandma and Grandpa out on the Lake at 6 am doing donuts while pulling a tube when we are trying to Barefoot....jerks!

Yeah. People who don't slalom, wakeboard or barefoot have no right to be using the lake. And from what I read, wakeboarding shouldn't be allowed either. Or at least, wakeboard boats should be illegal.

Edited by Big Mac

Yeah. People who don't slalom, wakeboard or barefoot have no right to be using the lake. And from what I read, wakeboarding shouldn't be allowed either. Or at least, wakeboard boats should be illegal.

RIGHT ON! I second that!

Every Sunday this summer, there is a PWC Brigade of old farts that start at 6 am at one end of the lake. They go to the other end of the lake meeting up with more PWC's as they go. By the time they are half way, there are literally 15-30 PWC's buzzing down the GLASS and screwing it all up! Every Sunday...makes me SICK!

They are like annoying bumble bees. We always cut in front of them at nice slow speeds as to make sure we put out a big wake that they hit and get wet..Because of course they all are wearing Clothes, not swimsuits...Jackasses!

For younger riders we like a pair of 2 seater tubes with backs you sit in. (HO Formula 2, Seadoo 3 - but not GI Joes) They are VERY stable, rarely flip, still good fun.

For older riders I like a pair of the flat tubes (HO Exterme, SL Big Buster, Obrien Screamer) Kids definitely like neoprene for knees, elbows and hands.

We've gotten ~3-4 seasons out of the HO products.

Having said that I ordered a Aqual Glide Kahuna 3 tube at boat show -- still not sure if I really want that one. (but liked their pump)

We used to have an HO tube and when it got wet, the ink would run. It put a small stain in my ski locker and would not come out (luckily it was in the locker). I got rid of it and bought a Sportsstuff tube. No problems with it.

As tubes go, I'm a big fan of the Mables from SportsStuff. They skid well and they do fly.

64723471.jpg

We get whatever Costco is selling Biggrin.gif We have had two of their tubes and have broke both of them (dad towing someone at 45 and the tube shredded Crazy.gif and a friend broke the other one) all we did was take them back to the store and walk out with a new one, no questions asked:)

Costco has sold the 'Big Mama' in the past. It's the same tube as the Big Mable. Our friends had the Big Mama before the Mable was available.

I recommend it, as well as the Costco route.

We've had 12 kids on the Big Mama at once before. :) All were 12 or under, mostly under. We were also pulling another tube (both from the Titan) and the kids would jump back and forth from one to the other.

OK, we found this tube it's in Overtons it's called the Sevlor Orbit!!! It looks like alot of fun. I think we are going to buy this one. Check it out!!!!! Thanks for all the great input. The Crew rocks!! Rockon.gif

OK, we found this tube it's in Overtons it's called the Sevlor Orbit!!! It looks like alot of fun. I think we are going to buy this one. Check it out!!!!! Thanks for all the great input. The Crew rocks!! Rockon.gif

Here's a video of the Orbit in action....looks like you could almost catch a little nap back there...;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prrKMjESygs

Here's a video of the Orbit in action....looks like you could almost catch a little nap back there... ;)

I feel nautious (sp?) just watching the video Vomit.gif

Here's a video of the Orbit in action....looks like you could almost catch a little nap back there...;)

This is definetly the tube for us... Rockon.gif It looks like alot of fun. Thanks for the post!!

• 3 weeks later...

Kite tube!!! Crazy.gif

You've never been to Oregon and ridden on the Willamette?? That tube is not a good option on this river we've got dead heads galore!! :( Besides, I really do like my kids and mother!!!! :lol:

They actually developed the Kite Tube right here on the Willamette.

The Big Mable is a lot of fun, but you don't sit down in the tube, but rather recline.

A really good tube that is very stable and fun, especially for younger ones is the Seadoo triple. It is the tube they are currently selling at Costco for this season. Check it out.

They DID??? (developed it on the willamette?) CRAZY people Crazy.gifCrazy.gif They must be related to jetskipro( I couldn't help myself sorry LOL) I've seen it flying around out here in Newberg and it makes me just cringe. Especially, when there are young ones on it!! I'll be checking out costco. I also, found one that I liked in Overtons. We'll see!! Thanks everyone for the the helpful input.

I think it was the WakeKite that was developed on the Willamette. It is more like holding a power kite while wakeboarding behind the boat. HO/Hyperlite recently bought the company.

Kite tube!!! Crazy.gif

You've never been to Oregon and ridden on the Willamette?? That tube is not a good option on this river we've got dead heads galore!! :( Besides, I really do like my kids and mother!!!! :lol:

They actually developed the Kite Tube right here on the Willamette.

The Big Mable is a lot of fun, but you don't sit down in the tube, but rather recline.

A really good tube that is very stable and fun, especially for younger ones is the Seadoo triple. It is the tube they are currently selling at Costco for this season. Check it out.

They DID??? (developed it on the willamette?) CRAZY people Crazy.gifCrazy.gif They must be related to jetskipro( I couldn't help myself sorry LOL) I've seen it flying around out here in Newberg and it makes me just cringe. Especially, when there are young ones on it!! I'll be checking out costco. I also, found one that I liked in Overtons. We'll see!! Thanks everyone for the the helpful input.

I think it was the WakeKite that was developed on the Willamette. It is more like holding a power kite while wakeboarding behind the boat. HO/Hyperlite recently bought the company.

You're right. Wake Kite is what I was thinking of. Their pro rider/tester is a friend of my daughter's.

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago we had a 4 person tube ride called the Posse. It was a lot of fun. Now we have a 4 person great big mable which can be pulled two different ways and the kids have a blast with it. I also rode it with my brother-in-law last year and never laughed so hard when we flipped and I stayed on and he went flying off! Needless to say he has not riden it since.