Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water Pump Swap M5

ScottB23LSV19

ScottB23LSV19

Hey everyone, the packing on my waterpump went out and I'm shooting water out the back of my pump. The plan is to replace it because I'm told to repack it I have to take it off anyway, so I figured if I'm taking it off I might as well replace it. Does anyone have the manual or step by step on how to change out the water pump on a 2019 23lsv with the M5 engine? I'm mechanically inclined, just like the step by step to ensure I don't forget anything since I don't normally work on these types of engines. Thanks!

I pulled mine off when I modified the brass cam inside the pump. As I recall it was 2 hose clamps (5/16). Pull the belt which, there is a 1/2” drive plug to insert a ratchet or breaker bar to release tension on the belt. Lastly the 2 bolts that actually hold the pump to the mount 5/8 if I am not mistaken. 7mm or 8mm will get the pump plate cover off. 

ScottB23LSV19
4 hours ago, dwc032 said:

Isn’t a 19 still under warranty?  

Yes, but I live 3 hours from my dealer, and I decided anything under $500 and an easy part to buy is worth it for me to do myself