Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Towing with Audi Q7

ooklay

On 8/21/2022 at 7:44 PM, CaptainMorgan said:

concur.  compared to the 23 mxz, you'll be 600lbs heavier dry, plus 30gal larger fuel tank so at least ~800 lbs heavier than that 7880 lbs reported in that thread --- so lets say a 24MXZ is 8700 lbs, and thats with no gear.  add some tubes, coolers, etc and 9k easy.  

I suspect it'd be ok for a couple around town trips at low speed while you work out your slip.  i've got a shallow ramp and used my Highlander (5000 lbs rating) to launch my A24 once - only had to tow it 100 ft to get to the ramp, but i didn't like doing it. 

As an idea, if your dealer is local, they may be able to do you a solid if they have a technician passing through / living in the area and tow it down the road/launch it for you (i'm sure you can pay them to do it too, but especially if they are close by i'd ask for the favor and see how interested they are in building the relationship).  My dealership techs usually rolls around in F250 or F350's so they throw the boats around pretty easily.

We used to have a Highlander and I about fell out of my chair laughing just thinking about this.  Do you have pics :rofl:

On 10/16/2023 at 10:09 AM, kstateskier1 said:

We used to have a Highlander and I about fell out of my chair laughing just thinking about this.  Do you have pics :rofl:

Ha thankfully no. It looked cartoonishly small on the ramp - kinda like one of those "power wheels" mini cars for toddlers!

Only towed it 100 yards on flat land at <5mph then down a shallow ramp and puckered the whole time. I recall convincing myself that 5000lbs limit was prob limited by dynamic things like braking...So my 5500 lbs boat and "a little more for trailer" wasnt THAT crazy...amazing how logic goes out the window when excited to launch a new toy during COVID.

Was very thankful to have it off the trailer that day and never repeated the highlander riddiculousness. Have borrowed friends trucks or hired people with real rigs ever since 

• Haha 2

I still chuckle every time I look at this picture. 
That is a Ford Ranger. Luckily it is 4wd. Our ramp is steep and slick.  It that is a big MC. 
It looked like a clown car pulling that boat. 
IMG_9097.thumb.png.4fa87ae5a7cef3b57c7eeba008d40d9c.png