Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pro 750 project begins

WaveMake'nLSV

I donj't know what happened to the water, it was not draining out the vent or the drain pump. Was this a result of siphoning from the fill pump? Help needed.

Yes, you need a check valve on the fill line to keep the water from siphoning back through that line.

I also have a problem with air stuck in the bag......thus not getting the full potential.

You need to reach in to "burp" the bag & help the air get out of the vent as it gets close.

Also I have thought about cutting the front wall just underneath the shock absorber for the locker door, has anyone done this?

We haven't done it, but we've considered it. My biggest concern is protecting the bag from what the panel is covering. But I think that it is possible & would help give the bag more room to form.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad B

• WaveMake'nLSV

• D-GOOSE

• chathamsolutions

Seems like the fitting is a bit redundant? Why not just screw the pump into the bag? Aren't you using quick connects on the electrical side? I forget.

I appologize for my ignorance :lol:

And the last 2

I changed my mind when I stumbled on the fittings.

Now I can easily unscrew the pump from the sac without having to remove the drain hose or electrical.

Where did you get those? I presume they came with the "O" ring already? That would be nice not to have to mess with any of the wiring or hoses. Oops.gif

Now I can easily unscrew the pump from the sac without having to remove the drain hose or electrical.

At Lowes - with all the home irrigation stuff - Rain Bird et al.

The O ring was extra but I had a couple just layin around.

Could probably use the ones off the unused Fly High fittings.

So the rear hose (transom side) I see is in fact, the VENT hose...correct?

You didn't have to remove the "Fake Wall" on the front of the lockers? Haven't install mine yet...hoping to get this done this week. Hoping to pick up my new tow vehicle tomorrow Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif so been put on the back burner for a day or two. But am off all week, so plan to get some plumbing and stereo mods completed this week. Biggrin.gif

Getting close to finished

1' id hose for the fill and kept the 3/4" for the vent

Plenty of room

Edited by WaveMake'nLSV

Brad looks like a great set up. I'll be starting my bag upgrade this week, like you I'm upgrading my fill pumps to the 1100gph pumpsFound a guy to sell me 3 shipped for $97) and will be looking for the fitting and 1" hose at lowe's. How long of hose did you need for each side?

You guys are making it way to easy for me Yahoo.gifNotworthy.gif:thankyou:

Did I miss the anti flow back valve or are you not running one?

Plenty of room

That is a BIG hose, are you using a Cummins engine to drive the pump?

Plenty of room

That is a BIG hose, are you using a Cummins engine to drive the pump?

Well it is TEXAS ya know Biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
So the rear hose (transom side) I see is in fact, the VENT hose...correct?

You didn't have to remove the "Fake Wall" on the front of the lockers? Haven't install mine yet...hoping to get this done this week. Hoping to pick up my new tow vehicle tomorrow Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif so been put on the back burner for a day or two. But am off all week, so plan to get some plumbing and stereo mods completed this week. Biggrin.gif

Did you finish it yet? I finished in about 5 hrs with clean up. Now I just need to test it to make sure I have it set up just right. I have ALL conncetions have quick disconnect so I can talk out just the bag when I won't.

3 new 1100 gph rule pumps for filling $91

Hose, connections, one way check valve and odd parts $100

All the fun I'm going to have using them. Priceless Yahoo.gif

Not quite...am 99% there. Currently using the Fly Hi quick connects for the drain, but no matter how I run the hose with certain tension to hold the fitting...the quick connect fitting on the drain seems less than confidence inspiring. Sooooooooo, need to get something from Lowes like BradB did and essentially screw the drain to the bag. Other than that...very pleased so far. Going to de-winterize soon also Yahoo.gif

Where are you guys getting these 1100 gph pumps for so cheap? LINK appreciated!

Adios,

Did you finish it yet? I finished in about 5 hrs with clean up. Now I just need to test it to make sure I have it set up just right. I have ALL conncetions have quick disconnect so I can talk out just the bag when I won't.

3 new 1100 gph rule pumps for filling $91

Hose, connections, one way check valve and odd parts $100

All the fun I'm going to have using them. Priceless Yahoo.gif

Got to play the Devil's Advocate for a min:

Do you have to go to 1" ID line to use these? These are not the same RULE pumps that kept breaking, OEM from Malibu a few years ago?

Yep same guy as brad.

They are $24.99 each plus $20.00 shipping for all three.