Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pro 750 project begins

WaveMake'nLSV

Went to the boat today and jerked those tanks out. Not that big of a task...but could not get over all the room I gained! I was thinking about making a carpeted piece of wood (about as big as will fit thru the hole) and lay if ontop of the flattened 750. That way (a) I can store things atop of it and not worry about damaging the bag as much (B) still be able to retain some level of storage if I use the bag(s) and must have the storage also. Most likely will just fill about 1/2 to wakeboard, and obviously only fill one side for surfing. I also have a 600# rear seat bag I plan to just fill manually (with a portable pump) that I can lay on the side bench seat when surfing.

750s should be here later this week! Yahoo.gif

Scott

post-2658-1171250960_thumb.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad B

• WaveMake'nLSV

• D-GOOSE

• chathamsolutions

The offending tanks ;-)

And the lonely Bu' waiting to be re-born into SPRING 07!

750s should be here later this week! Yahoo.gif

Scott

post-2658-1171251114_thumb.jpg

post-2658-1171251138_thumb.jpg

Scott

looks like we got the same project going,just took my hard tanks out friday and plumbed the under seat sack in .Where are you getting your pro sacks from?

Kelly

Kelly,

I am getting them from http://www.diamondlakeswatersports.com

Ask for Jon if you call them. They gave me a slight discount, but mainly are just closer to the boat and have not had particular good vibes from my Bu' dealer on other items. Hard to find good deals on Pro 750s.

Tell him I sent you. I have spent a ton of $$$ with him over the last month. Got Wet Sounds Pro80X, Cadence amps (3), and a pair of Pro750s and a 600# rear seat bag I am planning on moving around a bit. Just not sure I want to plumb anything in just yet. Not knowing which side is the predominant side. Never surfed before...just setting the boat up for it, at this point.

I am sure Jon will work with you if he can!

There is a guy on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/FLY-HIGH-PRO-X-SERIES-...VQQcmdZViewItem

I think he will take $110 or so for the factory second (I best offered him $200 for a NEW pair and he declined but told me about the seconds), and he has great rating on Ebay. I ALMOST did that, but then decided I wanted to toss my guy another bone and get RED ones too.

Good luck!

Scott

Scott

looks like we got the same project going,just took my hard tanks out friday and plumbed the under seat sack in .Where are you getting your pro sacks from?

Kelly

All I am planning on is the 750s in the lockers, enough quick release connections to be able to snap in and out so as to remove the fat sacs when needed for drying out. Also 2 sets of pins to quick release the pumps and keep the wires from getting tangled (as described in another thread), and I plan on putting in one way valves on ALL "fill" pumps to prevent back flow. I suspect my bow tank back flows a bit, and they say that the 750s do. Sooooooooo...planning on one way valves on all FILL side.

Not sure where I am going to get the valves or connectors yet.

Pretty extensive description on Andy's thread: http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5869

Scott

I'm thinking vary hard at doing this same thing soon. I like the idea of all the room I will have for trips. What parts are you going to need?
Edited by chathamsolutions

Good move.

We did this a couple years ago and it was the best mod we've done.

We did it with the Launch Pad 440s before but are changing to 750s this spring.

I bought some Launch Pad 680s last week but they had some manufacturer issues - the bottom drains on the ends were actually on the top. Its importanat to have a bottom drain if you plumb them in.

I wanted to use Launch Pads cuz they have 2 drains on the bottom - one on each end - so I could daisy chain another sac under the seat.

But looks like I'll be going with the Pro-X.

I also bought some new 1100gph fill pumps to replace the stock 700gph ones.

We replaced the one in the ski locker last year and its was a huge improvement with the faster pump.

When comparing the 680 Launch Pad to the 750# Fly High bags it looks like both are longer than the area I have in the rear locker of my VLX. What would the advantage be to buying the larger bag if it doesn't have room to fill it?

Good move.

We did this a couple years ago and it was the best mod we've done.

We did it with the Launch Pad 440s before but are changing to 750s this spring.

I bought some Launch Pad 680s last week but they had some manufacturer issues - the bottom drains on the ends were actually on the top. Its importanat to have a bottom drain if you plumb them in.

I wanted to use Launch Pads cuz they have 2 drains on the bottom - one on each end - so I could daisy chain another sac under the seat.

But looks like I'll be going with the Pro-X.

I also bought some new 1100gph fill pumps to replace the stock 700gph ones.

We replaced the one in the ski locker last year and its was a huge improvement with the faster pump.

Brad I sent you a PM.

You may have a point, but several have done it with some success. I am 99% sure the lockers are the same size, but the only ones *I* know of are on LSVs not VLXs, FWIW.

You have to remove the carpeted pseudo wall on the front of the locker that the pneumatics attach to, which allows the bag to expand into the front compartment a few inches.

Hope this helps,

Scott

When comparing the 680 Launch Pad to the 750# Fly High bags it looks like both are longer than the area I have in the rear locker of my VLX. What would the advantage be to buying the larger bag if it doesn't have room to fill it?

I see where removing the front wall would help. I took the port side wall off when adding my racor fuel air separator and considered leaving it off then to gain space. The 07 models have a hinged panel that I guess is so you can swing it out of the way. It would still hamper bag filling though. You would have to hold it up while filling bag. Just taking it out looks like a better option.

When you say larger, I assume that you mean when compared with the 400lb vdrive bags? The answer is that it can almost fill completely, getting you quite a bit more net weight than the vdrive bag that is completely full.

When you say larger, I assume that you mean when compared with the 400lb vdrive bags? The answer is that it can almost fill completely, getting you quite a bit more net weight than the vdrive bag that is completely full.

I was comparing the 680# Launch Pad (rectangle) to the 750# Fly High(tube shape), Both quote same dimemsion 20" X 20" X 50". The 680 can be had for well under $100 from e-bay while the 750 is considerably more. Brad pointed out to me that the 680's will not completely collapse due to the stupid built in cooler compartment in the top. Maybe that is where the 680# looses the capacity.

Ed Zachary what we came to a conclusion with Tracie.

Now the other quandry is the new SL 725 that is sans the "coolers".

Has 2 drains on the bottom that would facilitate some daisy chaining if you're plumbed in.

But has a cover that hasta be adjusted so the gaskets fit and so on.

So I'm goin Pro-X 750s to replace my plumbed in SL 440s

I got my sacks today and went with the sl 725"s,mainly cause my malibu dealer gave me a smokin deal and bought my hard tanks even!Looks like I better get busy as the temp is going to be close to 60 degrees this weekend.Need to try the new toys out!

I got my sacks today and went with the sl 725"s,mainly cause my malibu dealer gave me a smokin deal and bought my hard tanks even!Looks like I better get busy as the temp is going to be close to 60 degrees this weekend.Need to try the new toys out!

I'm keeping my hard tanks for if and when I ever sell the boat.

But I was talking to the dealer at the boat show - he wants to know when I'm going to get a new Bu.

Told him he already sold me the perfect boat - no need for a new one.

A couple of install notes from experience.

The drain pump goes directly in to the bottom of the sac.

It won't work well from the top.

It will stay "primed" from the bottom.

And don't use those blue waterbed fittings - they break and your floor fills up with water.

Last year we moved the drain pump to the transom side - this year we are moving it back behind the seat side.

It works better to have the sac as far back against the transom as possible.

Thanks! Got the sacs the other day. I got a pair of 750s and a 680 rear seat sac to move around on either side of the LSV when attendance is low.

For some reason, I thought the 750s had 2 drains. Mine have 1 fill, 1 vent, 1 drain. I still plan to put the drain pump on the rear of the bag (transom side) so as to promote full drain, as someone else suggessted. And am using all Fly Hi fittings, not the waterbed type. I am going to start by trying to plumb just like the tanks were. I ordered a bunch of fittings from wakeside that should be here early next week.

I will be completing the sac install and the severe stereo overhaul the last week in Feb, so many more photos and reports to follow ;-)

Take care,

Scott

A couple of install notes from experience.

The drain pump goes directly in to the bottom of the sac.

It won't work well from the top.

It will stay "primed" from the bottom.

And don't use those blue waterbed fittings - they break and your floor fills up with water.

Last year we moved the drain pump to the transom side - this year we are moving it back behind the seat side.

It works better to have the sac as far back against the transom as possible.

We thought that it would drain better too but it didn't.

Doesn't matter whether you you put it front or rear it will still only drain about 95% - same either way.

But if you put it in the rear you gotta allow 5 or 6 inches to keep the pump from getting squashed against the transom wall - 700 lbs or so of squash.

Would rather use those inches for sac space - but the LSV has plenty of room anyway.