Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ri265 vs 26LSV

The Hulk

4 hours ago, Gene3x said:

I have the 25LSV and looking at the 26LSV if there is a $50K difference in price that is a shame.  They look like basically the same boat with the cooler storage on the port side unless there is a huge difference in performance.   According to Malibu's website my 25LSV is rated for 18 people and the 26LSV is rated for 17 people.  Huh?  That seems counterintuitive.  Pay more get less? lol

Its you +17 homies = 18.. agree it makes absolutely NO Sense.. the capacity rating only makes sense to be more on a larger boat.. that is THE major factor in buying a larger boat.. i mean come on 6" they chopped off and we would of had yacht rating.. i still can't understand why my lower more shallow 2016 can hold 19, then we went to 18 on the 25 as she got smaller and heavier inside.. but +1.5ft and same 18??? Just call it 20 for the plate sake and be done with it.. who cares if their is butt space.. 

My MC prostar 190 was rated for 9.. good luck fitting 9 unless 2 or more on top of engine.. but we always had 9 somehow heading to restaurants and sandbar 😂

Cap ratings are helpful especially for when you have several families with a bunch of kids..

Maybe they are working with nmma/uscg for cap ratings with full ballast + passangers? Just seems weird? Or is this a mistake and they accidentally just used the same plate as the 25 on mistake 😂

Sorry but at same 18 and +50k your making the jump for many folks a hard pill to swallow.. the wake better be waaaay better than the 25! The question is the 50k really 50k or more like real  +25-30k? 

Edited by The Hulk

Isn't capacity of a boat driven around weight OR passengers via NMMA?  Maybe it takes into consideration all of us gaining all that muscle during COVID and hence less people as we are more muscular...  ;)

4 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Isn't capacity of a boat driven around weight OR passengers via NMMA?  Maybe it takes into consideration all of us gaining all that muscle during COVID and hence less people as we are more muscular...  ;)

Nearly every boat is always over the weight when capacity is high let alone maxed.. bit there is a big OR.

Capacity OR weight doesn't mean weight OR capacity

So trying to understand how they do or don't figure ballast?

3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Nearly every boat is always over the weight when capacity is high let alone maxed.. bit there is a big OR.

Capacity OR weight doesn't mean weight OR capacity

So trying to understand how they do or don't figure ballast?

I always heard that hard tanks dont count but PnP is theoretically offsetting passenger weight since it's not factory/permanent.

So an A24 with 750s and a 650 in bow would only technically be allowed a driver and a spotter before hitting limit...but a 24mxz with same water in hard tanks would be allowed like 1500 lbs more people even though very similar vehicle. Dumb.

Fortunately I have yet to see a weigh station on the lake....

Edited by CaptainMorgan
20 hours ago, IXFE said:

@The Hulk

Clearly your pet peeve is NMMA plaques (they’re really just stickers) that don’t tell you what you want to hear. Know what mine is…? People who argue with bad data.

The base price of the 26.5 LSV is $55k more than the 25 LSV, although the LT4 is standard on the 26.5. 

If you add LT4 to the 25, the price difference for the extra 18” is only $40k. 😂😂

Now apply your favorite discount (let’s say 25%) and the difference is $30k. 

That’s basically Cheeto money for the Hulk family, no? 

Yes but do they offer an orange teak floor to match the mess?

20 hours ago, IXFE said:

@The Hulk

Clearly your pet peeve is NMMA plaques (they’re really just stickers) that don’t tell you what you want to hear. Know what mine is…? People who argue with bad data.

The base price of the 26.5 LSV is $55k more than the 25 LSV, although the LT4 is standard on the 26.5. 

If you add LT4 to the 25, the price difference for the extra 18” is only $40k. 😂😂

Now apply your favorite discount (let’s say 25%) and the difference is $30k. 

That’s basically Cheeto money for the Hulk family, no? 

Yes that's what my $30k estimated delta came out to.. just mad about the plaque.. I'll be test driving anyway