Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Used Boat Prices Falling

Wakeskate77

On 10/5/2023 at 6:15 PM, hunter77ah said:

I am not saying I don't believe you, but can you point to a dealer that is closing?  I'd be curious to see what it looks like?

Dealer by us sterling marine either lost or forfeit their MC franchise.  They did pick up Supra though as they were already selling moombas. 

Edited by AWADD09
Spelling
On 10/2/2023 at 8:25 PM, wakesonthesnake said:

The other day I was on a jobsite and there were eight white and three black F or E series Fords, nothing else.  Not unusual around here. Funny how it is regional. 

Boat prices are falling here a bit quicker than F series pickups.

I think ford just announced another MSRP increase on trucks 

On 10/6/2023 at 11:40 PM, Sixer said:

Such a huge shift in the market........wasn't that long ago we couldn't get anything, and everything people "needed" was stuck on a ship sitting in the Pacific waiting to go to port.  Now we have everything everyone wants (but at inflated prices), and it's still causing problems.  :dontknow:

And all because we just HAD to cure a pandemic. Genius

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

Since when do we site our sources in this thread?

LOL - sorry.  My source is looking at the vehicles passing by in the area that I live in ;)

I suspect that the areas most Malibu owners live in also have more GMC than Chev trucks - but maybe not.

And using my method, I guess you would be convinced that the only thing Ford is selling is Raptors.

Edited by oldjeep
16 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

Since when do we site our sources in this thread?

Since some folks always calling @Hulk for no sources.  🤷🏻‍♂️ heck then they get butthurt when it turns out true 🤣🤣

• Haha 3
33 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

Since some folks always calling @Hulk for no sources.  🤷🏻‍♂️ heck then they get butthurt when it turns out true 🤣🤣

HA that was my point exactly and meant as a tease..  I know @IXFE follows this thread enough that he had to go "off script" from @The Hulk to bring some sanity back to this for those that like links.. 

5 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Hey I got notice, make any reasonable offers on 23s ! They gotta go! 

Hmmmm... define... reasonable 😂

Considering they want what, $450 for the stainless cup holders on an axis…

37 minutes ago, ahopkins22LSV said:

Just food for thought, 291k msrp at 25% discount is 218.25k, 69.25k depreciation over 3 model years and 217 hours. Or 23k/ year, or about 16-17k per 50 hours. Is that really what we are calling a used market crash? Or just returning to normal? Personally I think we all got really used to looking at highly inflated used boat pricing from 2020 until now ish. 

I thought this thread was “Used Boat Prices Falling”? I could be wrong. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

IMO These used deals will become more the norm.. further pressure on mfgs .. 

I now know several folks pondering dumping their toys, the current hold up is the crazy price of new, and the thought of getting back in later in the coming years... But they are somewhat wanting/maybe neediing the cash .. older kids/university, less use of boat etc.. 

I'm shocked boat mfgs have not had major layoffs yet.. or perhaps they are like most and keep it on the downlow and we just haven't seen it published?