Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Used Boat Prices Falling

Wakeskate77

51 minutes ago, Sixer said:

It's interesting though, I talked to a guy at the "northern" branch of the local dealer and he was telling me how they've had another spectacular year, and have sold almost all of their inventory. :dontknow:

I wonder if his perspective will be different come boat show time if they maintain their current stock level.

It could be that they had a good year, so they bought a lot of available production that nobody else wanted for 2023

My huge local dealer has few of the big 3 available. Although I would say as far as pricing it seemed a little more affordable than covid and just post covid pricing. Their used stock a similar trend. Very few, but slightly more affordable.

5 hours ago, surfdude said:

I will say, that our local Malibu dealer usually has two or three boats left after the season ends. This year they have three or four of each model left unsold! I’ve never seen them with this many axis and Malibu boats left over. Gonna be some good discounts. Also our local ford dealer is selling f150’s at invoice. Haven’t seen that in quite awhile either.

I could use an F150 at invoice. Feel free to PM me the name of the dealer if you don’t mind. 

21 minutes ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

I could use an F150 at invoice. Feel free to PM me the name of the dealer if you don’t mind. 

Bison ford GreatFalls mt, advertised on the radio.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Saw on TV if you want an electric F150... they are offering $15k off :salute: (But why would you want one)

They diverted gas production to the electrics, and aren't selling the electrics.  Meanwhile, I'm still waiting on my 2023 F-150....and the 2024's are out.   

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

Local small dealer is selling them at 8-9K off sticker - but F150 is not really the popular truck around here.

https://waconia.furymotors.com/searchnew.aspx?ModelAndTrim=F-150:XLT

Mega dealer is more like 13k

https://www.jeffbelzerford.com/searchnew.aspx?Year=2023&Make=Ford&Model=F-150&Bodystyle=4D SuperCrew

Edited by oldjeep

Depends on where you are.

Local ford dealer has Platinum Lightenings at 100K+ no discounts, gas Lariats up to 80K no discount, lower priced F150’s have some discounts.  Click on those, they are package discounts from Ford.  So at least there are no market adjustments, but the willingness to advertise “real” discounts has not arrived yet. 

Was talking to a gent at the ski lake this morning with a new tourney boat who said the dealer in town he deals with says they've sold next to nothing since June.  Their sales have come to a grinding halt, at least for in-season buyers who mostly finance.  Will be an interesting boat show season.

23 hours ago, dlb said:

Local ford dealer has Platinum Lightenings at 100K+ no discounts, gas Lariats up to 80K no discount, lower priced F150’s have some discounts.  Click on those, they are package discounts from Ford.  So at least there are no market adjustments, but the willingness to advertise “real” discounts has not arrived yet. 

Nobody rich or dumb enough to pay 80- 100k for a pickup is caring about discounts.  That amount would cover my last 3.

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

Was talking to a gent at the ski lake this morning with a new tourney boat who said the dealer in town he deals with says they've sold next to nothing since June.  Their sales have come to a grinding halt, at least for in-season buyers who mostly finance.  Will be an interesting boat show season.

Wow.  That is pretty crazy, unless he was only talking tournament boats.

18 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Will be an interesting boat show season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see dealers pull out of the shows in anticipation of slower sales. Boat shows aren’t cheap or easy to put on.

13 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Plenty of buyers in that range still care about the deal they are getting.  Just like so many on TMC buying wakeboard boats well north of those prices still want a solid deal.  

Difference is that the boat will still be worth something in 10-20 years, when the severely overpriced half ton has been recycled.  But I'm sure that I am jealous too ;)

• Like 2
On 9/29/2023 at 5:30 PM, dlb said:

One of my local Ford dealers was selling a F350 Tremor Lariat 6.7 for $91k in August.  Which was $4k over MSRP.  And it was a 2022 with 8k miles on it.  They would not budge on the price or give a fair trade offer for my F150.  I of course walked away and bought a better truck from across the country for a reasonable price instead.  It took a lot of work and patience to find a good truck at a price that made me happy.  (The local dealer dropped the price by $1k after a few weeks and sold it.)

To your point, where you are matters and you can find deals but for most people you'd better be ready to buy out of state and ship it if it isn't cookie cutter.

Edited by rennis
4 hours ago, rennis said:

One of my local Ford dealers was selling a F350 Tremor Lariat 6.7 for $91k in August.  Which was $4k over MSRP.  And it was a 2022 with 8k miles on it.  They would not budge on the price or give a fair trade offer for my F150.  I of course walked away and bought a better truck from across the country for a reasonable price instead.  It took a lot of work and patience to find a good truck at a price that made me happy.  (The local dealer dropped the price by $1k after a few weeks and sold it.)

To your point, where you are matters and you can find deals but for most people you'd better be ready to buy out of state and ship it if it isn't cooking cutter.

Oddly enough - MN, home of Ford to some extent is the place where the F150 is not the most common (new) truck.  I suspect that has to do with their whole little engine turbo obsession and how much turbo engines love MN winter weather.  They were much more common when their trucks were mostly V8.  Around where I live, it is a pretty even split between Ram and GMC.  Work trucks tend to be mostly Ram and Chev.

Edited by oldjeep
26 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Oddly enough - MN, home of Ford to some extent...

Huh?

22 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Meanwhile, in terms of boats.  It is 87 degrees on Oct 2 in MN.  Why am I at work?

80* in Georgia, and I have the same question!