Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Used Boat Prices Falling

Wakeskate77

16 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

How much money is the exactly right amount of money to be in circulation at any one time?

The US Congress has indicated that 2% inflation is the "correct" amount.  I would presume that this is non-zero due to population increase and other influences such as international trade.

Then they go off and do stupid things like dig $3Trillion more out of a $30Trillion hole, which instantly gave us about 10% inflation.  They know that it takes years for their spending spree to show up in the various indicators, so they blame all sorts of things except themselves as the cause.

• Like 1

I really don't mean to burst everybody's bubble here but we are well into a deep recession already despite what the definition of recession is.. or.. was... 

three other major boat lift manufacturers are down 60%... That's more than the 35 to 50% range a few of the other big ones are down.

So if you want to know about boat sales there's your indicator from this winter sales numbers are drastically down and I suspect you will see Malibu and most other boat manufacturers laying off a minimum of 20 plus percent staff very soon most are already late unless they're just not caught up with backlog yet... 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I really don't mean to burst everybody's bubble here but we are well into a deep recession already despite what the definition of recession is.. 

So ignore the meaning of the thing when say that you see the thing.

Who’s on first.  

10 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

Take a long hard look. Then really think about it.  Who are these debts owed to exactly. Then ask “well who really runs the show” 🤡🤡🤡🏦🏦  

83491F42-8557-400F-9D28-DC32823E98EC.png

What’s the answer?

Oh I don’t know. It’s like in Scalzi’s book, Red Shirts. When the main character’s are approached by a fringe character and told to, “not engage in the dialogue!”  It just propagates the story, but not your survival.

Please end this thread. There is no useful information that can be corroborated because sources aren’t cited. 91% of the posts are a lie. See what I did there?

And I can’t see good posts in the feed immediately when I log in where a positive community benefit is happening because of this chum. 

Edited by Slurpee
Corrected author’s name

Got a boat close to me. Been listed about 6 months. Really nicely optioned 2022, 25lsv with 46 hrs and price has dropped 20,000 in 6 months.  Don’t know if that means used boat prices are dropping or not 🤷🏻‍♂️

“ Darkness is the absence of light, Be the light and you will never be in the darkness 🌀” 

• Like 1
OtherBoatisaCessna

Doesn’t the old saw go something like “a recession is when your friend gets laid off, a depression is when you do”.  

According to those metrics, we are definitely in a recession, at least for me - tons of people I know in tech are getting “riff’ed”.  

Edited by OtherBoatisaCessna
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it looks pretty good.

I would say average for that right now is maybe $150k, so $138k asking seems quite fair.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, sidekicknicholas said:

I think it looks pretty good.

I would say average for that right now is maybe $150k, so $138k asking seems quite fair.

Especially with the upgrades......555 Supercharged, Rev's, clamping racks.  And LOW hours!  Looks like a good price to me.  Local dealer has a 2020 with 325 hours for 139,900.  I don't think that one has the engine upgrade.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 12:44 PM, oldjeep said:

Yeah, but some people are weird about buying from private parties. Even on 4K motorcycles I have had people who think I should go to the DMV with them, or exchange money at their bank.  Can't imagine how twitchy folks get with real money.

I do all my transactions at a bank.  Cash (or wire) gets transferred there, title gets notarized on the spot there.  Both parties feel safe.  Years ago when I bought my Escalade EXT, it had both stock wheels and some 26" wheels on it, though not totally awful, absolutely appealed to a certain demographic.  Even though it was only $1500, I made sure to meet at a bank and immediately walked in and deposited the cash - better safe than sorry.  

Last 5 vehicles were all sold at the bank - even one to a close friend of mine, not because of security, but just to get the title notarized.  

1 hour ago, Nitrousbird said:

I do all my transactions at a bank.  Cash (or wire) gets transferred there, title gets notarized on the spot there.  Both parties feel safe.  Years ago when I bought my Escalade EXT, it had both stock wheels and some 26" wheels on it, though not totally awful, absolutely appealed to a certain demographic.  Even though it was only $1500, I made sure to meet at a bank and immediately walked in and deposited the cash - better safe than sorry.  

Last 5 vehicles were all sold at the bank - even one to a close friend of mine, not because of security, but just to get the title notarized.  

Title notarization isn't a thing here in MN.  Even when you buy an out of state vehicle where they require notarization, MN doesn't require it on the original title (Just went through this with my Ducati).  I guess I don't worry about stuff like that.  Guy who just bought my FZ1 came over to the house, paid cash and I stuck it in my pocket.

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Title notarization isn't a thing here in MN.  Even when you buy an out of state vehicle where they require notarization, MN doesn't require it on the original title (Just went through this with my Ducati).  I guess I don't worry about stuff like that.  Guy who just bought my FZ1 came over to the house, paid cash and I stuck it in my pocket.

Even if a state doesn't require a notary for the title (such as when I bought my Porsche in Texas that has an Arizona title), I still get a notarized bill of sale.  Protects me for proof I purchased it as a legit purchase (and if I get pulled over on the drive home).  Also protects me on a sale...such as when I sold my BMW and the kid (that flew in to Ohio and drove back to Kansas) decided to NOT register the car and I get a call from a Kansas PD 8 months later.

16 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

Even if a state doesn't require a notary for the title (such as when I bought my Porsche in Texas that has an Arizona title), I still get a notarized bill of sale.  Protects me for proof I purchased it as a legit purchase (and if I get pulled over on the drive home).  Also protects me on a sale...such as when I sold my BMW and the kid (that flew in to Ohio and drove back to Kansas) decided to NOT register the car and I get a call from a Kansas PD 8 months later.

Here the seller hands you the title - which is your proof of ownership.  And the buyer fills out a corner of the title with their information on it - the seller goes to a state website and enters the information reporting the sale.  So even if the buyer never re-registers it you won't get that call.  Always interesting to see how different the process is in different states.

Edited by oldjeep
8 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Here the seller hands you the title - which is your proof of ownership.  And the buyer fills out a corner of the title with their information on it - the seller goes to a state website and enters the information reporting the sale.  So even if the buyer never re-registers it you won't get that call.  Always interesting to see how different the process is in different states.

The seller hands the title over here too, like most states.  But if you don't have a notarized title, someone could always claim you stole the vehicle AND title, then forged the info.  The notarization helps prevent that.  Also, even in Ohio with a notarized title, the bill of sale is a secondary proof in case anything comes up (and also spells out an as-is sale). 

As for the call, if the buyer never registers (and officially transfers the title into their name with their state), what proof do you have that it was actually sold?  You gave the buyer your only proof (the title) and have nothing but cash in your hand.  That bill of sale just protects you if the buyer does anything stupid later on.  It costs nothing but a sheet of paper you fill out to do a bill of sale and makes the transaction safer for both parties.   

• Like 1
22 hours ago, oldjeep said:

In Oklahoma we also have the tear off section on the title for the seller to file with the state to relinquish ownership.  

17 minutes ago, cowwboy said:

In Oklahoma we also have the tear off section on the title for the seller to file with the state to relinquish ownership.  

I've NOT done this and it's came back to bite me, don't ask how I know... Sold the car to a young girl in TX and she didn't register it, running red lights in Dallas and the cameras sent the tickets back to me.

My dad sold a car long ago and the buyer never transferred title. The buyer left it abandoned on the road, and my dad had the legal responsibility to pay all fees, as told by a judge.