Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Used Boat Prices Falling

Wakeskate77

9 minutes ago, rennis said:

There are a small handful of deals that good and they are for 36 month loans.  The only vehicle that's likely to appeal to anyone on this forum at a low interest rate right now is a Ford Explorer at 0%.  On a 36 month loan. The other low interest loans are low-buck commuters.  Most of the deals are cash back deals which are bogus anyway. 

We start seeing 0% for 60 months on full size trucks, then they will have my attention.  I'm guessing we are not going to see that any time soon though.

Anyway, a quick search of craigslist this weekend and used boat inventory is probably lower right now than it was the last two years at this time.  The cupboard is still bare.  I'm not seeing deals anywhere yet out here.  

Ram is already doing .9% for 60 months on 2022 Ram 1500s

Edited by oldjeep
2 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

I didn't know it was Truck Month!  That's a great incentive, I had not heard about that.

I assume this doesn't apply to TRX?  I might need to mosey over to the dealer if it does...

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

But then you would have to drive a Ram 😜

Yeah - I don't like my dealer enough to want to see them all the time, so I drive a Ram.  Ford dealers must be awfully nice people  :rofl:

• Haha 3
26 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Yeah - I don't like my dealer enough to want to see them all the time, so I drive a Ram.  Ford dealers must be awfully nice people  :rofl:

Funny you say this.  My wife brags a bit to friends how good our Ford dealer is and how they know her by name, given her 2015 Expedition.  I have mentioned this doesn’t seem like a good relationship!  

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, rennis said:

We start seeing 0% for 60 months on full size trucks, then they will have my attention.  I'm guessing we are not going to see that any time soon though.

Or the f-150 if you frequent this site.....  

I can’t help but read this thread updates and think somewhere an admin is :mad: on every updated post that doesn’t have the word used or boat in the post  ! 

reminds me of the old wake world Lon and sausage setter threads! Man did those get sideways!!

I love tmc !  Really isn’t anything you can’t learn about in here !

But staying on topic prices for me locally have stayed high with no movement and very little inventory moving . 

Hard to say locally.  Local dealer has few used boats with prices listed.  The ones listed seem sky high to me.  Local craigslist is everywhere between reasonable and 120k for a 2 year old vtx.  But it is still a bit early for people to be getting serious about buying/selling in MN.

2 hours ago, JeffK said:

Or the f-150 if you frequent this site.....  

36 month financing on XLTs.  Point made, but that's a narrow group of buyers. 

2 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

But staying on topic prices for me locally have stayed high with no movement and very little inventory moving . 

My local dealer has 38 new boats across Malibu and Axis.  Of those I see 9 - 25 LSVs and 2 - 26 LSVs.  They also have 34 used surf boats as well. I am in the market and will get more serious soon. We are approaching April in Texas and inventory seems to be sitting there.  

Edited by tlisotta
10 hours ago, rennis said:

I didn't know it was Truck Month!  That's a great incentive, I had not heard about that.

Just go to Texas every month this truck month! Haha

26.5 seriously looks sweet.. guessing I won't be grabbing a slightly used one for a long while.. waiting to see what happens by fall/winter .. If the Fed pivots on rates aoon then I'll probably jump in as inflation will take off again And my guess is anybody that's bought one is likely probably not going to be selling it anytime soon as those who bought a 26.5 are probably going to be just fine

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 2

@The Hulk You have been waiting for years for your next surf barge.  Just pull the trigger -  your kids aren’t getting any younger!

I am shocked by the amount of new Tiges on the lot down here at Table Rock.  Not sure if that is units sitting and sales slowing or that brand doesn’t really move much in these parts? I don’t see many on the water   

My waverunner dealer says he has more inventory than past years but said sales are still good - he just actually has units on the lot to sell now. Waverunner forums still seem to be buying above MSRP according to what I read, which I think before  MSRP was pretty easy to come by.  

Edited by hethj7
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Chevy is offering 0% on Silverado 1500s.

They tow everything up to about a 23LSV pretty well.  Especially used ones... which are getting cheaper.

28 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

@The Hulk You have been waiting for years for your next surf barge.  Just pull the trigger -  your kids aren’t getting any younger!

I am shocked by the amount of new Tiges on the lot down here at Table Rock.  Not sure if that is units sitting and sales slowing or that brand doesn’t really move much in these parts? I don’t see many on the water   

My waverunner dealer says he has more inventory that past years but said sales are still good - he just actually has units on the lot to sell now. Waverunner forums still seem to be buying above MSRP according to what I read, which I think on the last MSRP was pretty easy to come by.  

I know I know, but IMO the 25 revision was minimal at best and the wife bought a tritoon instead and now use that 95% of the time . 

she asked me if the wave of a 26.5lsv is +$185k+ better after selling our 25.. I said how can I answer that without a demo.. I mean yes hunny, I wished it into existence, dreams really can come true! 

I was hoping to get a deal on a used one! .. I mean (broken in) that's a lot of prem gas to carry down to the lake for break in period Ha 😄

• Like 3
9 hours ago, hethj7 said:

My waverunner dealer says he has more inventory than past years but said sales are still good - he just actually has units on the lot to sell now. Waverunner forums still seem to be buying above MSRP according to what I read, which I think before  MSRP was pretty easy to come by.  

I can't stand Tige'.  The cost of entry is much higher than it should be and the performance is questionable at best.  Quality is also questionable, but the same is true with pretty much everything now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, The Hulk said:

she asked me if the wave of a 26.5lsv is +$185k+ better after selling our 25.. I said how can I answer that without a demo.. I mean yes hunny, I wished it into existence, dreams really can come true!

speaking of this -- has anyone actually gotten behind the new 26.5LSV to report on the wave?  maybe one of our southern TMC members with a dealer friend?  i know the marketing hype claims big things, but curious if a savvy TMC'er with a dialed 25 LSV will be blown away or just shrug.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

speaking of this -- has anyone actually gotten behind the new 26.5LSV to report on the wave?  maybe one of our southern TMC members with a dealer friend?  i know the marketing hype claims big things, but curious if a savvy TMC'er with a dialed 25 LSV will be blown away or just shrug.

I'm interested to understand this as well.  I suspect we'll have someone chime in here in the next couple of months.......

43 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I'm interested to understand this as well.  I suspect we'll have someone chime in here in the next couple of months.......

These cycles are funny.  We will get a review of the 2023 in a couple months just as you can go buy a 2024.  

2 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

The owner of the 26 that was in the booth at our show went to factory before ordering his boat to see the wave.  He also typically boats on a lake that I spend most of my time.  However, his 26 will live at his place on Table Rock this summer.  The guy is a large guy and has struggled to surf behind his past two 25 LSVs.  He said, had this wave not been that drastically different, he would not have bought it.  It is much taller and longer than his '21 25 LSV and he is able to surf effortlessly behind it.

One thing for sure, you will be able to load the thing up with a ton of weight!

Got a photo of his boat?  I will keep an eye out for him.  

Edited by hethj7
2 hours ago, Slayer said:

I can't stand Tige'.  The cost of entry is much higher than it should be and the performance is questionable at best.  Quality is also questionable, but the same is true with pretty much everything now.

+1 cost for what you get, styling , performance etc. 

hit several branches on the fugly tree on its way to market.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

The owner of the 26 that was in the booth at our show went to factory before ordering his boat to see the wave.  He also typically boats on a lake that I spend most of my time.  However, his 26 will live at his place on Table Rock this summer.  The guy is a large guy and has struggled to surf behind his past two 25 LSVs.  He said, had this wave not been that drastically different, he would not have bought it.  It is much taller and longer than his '21 25 LSV and he is able to surf effortlessly behind it.

One thing for sure, you will be able to load the thing up with a ton of weight!

thx for the anecdote, look forward to hearing more as they appear in the wild.

And btw, that is some serious brand/dealership loyalty -- after buying consecutive $200k boats and being unhappy, the obvious solution is to buy a $300k boat!!

(yeah i'm jealous, but good for him to have the ability and finally get what he wanted all along)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/14/2023 at 4:51 PM, oldjeep said:

Hard to say locally.  Local dealer has few used boats with prices listed.  The ones listed seem sky high to me.  Local craigslist is everywhere between reasonable and 120k for a 2 year old vtx.  But it is still a bit early for people to be getting serious about buying/selling in MN.

It appears many used prices from dealers are those who overpaid for boats at the peak and are now stuck.  Twice in my search I had inquired about barely used models vs. new because of territory issues and in almost every case the dealer could offer me a new boat cheaper than a 1-2 year old used boat they were carrying.

• Haha 2