Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Battery upgrade 2022 m240

RCorsa

@RCorsa, were the paralleled batteries disconnected from each other when they were tested?  Test results could be misleading if connected in parallel during each half of the test. 

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

The mystery of the charger leads is drivin' me crazy!

Same, they are not on the batteries... could they be hooked up through the battery switch?

On 7/27/2022 at 10:21 AM, RCorsa said:

Yes just wondering how you decided on the battery types and brands.   I reviewed these sites and it looks pretty reputable.  Expensive at around $850/each which is fine 

Battle Born batteries (BB) are made in the US, have a great warranty and customer service. There are a few YouTube channels where they'll do a full disassembly and perform a lot of tests on various batteries. BB always comes out on top.  Buying two high quality AGM batteries is equivalent in many cases as buying one BB - in both price and usable energy. They are by far the best boat upgrade I have ever made. 

On 7/28/2022 at 8:49 AM, shawndoggy said:

It could well be that they wired the charger leads to the switch.  Not really "ideal" but it could work.

That would be a real bummer if the charger weren't even hooked up!

My factory installed charger was hooked up to the main power switch. Caused me all kinds of issues with batteries not being charged properly. I’ve since rewired directly to both batteries. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, PopsA22 said:

My factory installed charger was hooked up to the main power switch. Caused me all kinds of issues with batteries not being charged properly. I’ve since rewired directly to both batteries. 

That’s good insight right there!

17 hours ago, Casey211 said:

Battle Born batteries (BB) are made in the US, have a great warranty and customer service. There are a few YouTube channels where they'll do a full disassembly and perform a lot of tests on various batteries. BB always comes out on top.  Buying two high quality AGM batteries is equivalent in many cases as buying one BB - in both price and usable energy. They are by far the best boat upgrade I have ever made. 

Battle Born uses lithium iron phosphate (LFP) cells.  The charge profile is not the same for LFP as it is for lead acid.  You need to add a DC to DC charge controller to safely charge LFP from your standard alternator. 

Other than that, LFP is a great choice, and a truly amazing battery technology.

In an interesting turn of events.   I did the new software update and now the dash voltmeter went from 13.7 when driving to 14.4. Not sure what this means as that’s past the batteries capacity?   The update also resolved several other issues.   Here is the number 

A4D99A0F-D7C0-4C01-82F0-6168DE5EAD03.jpeg

• Like 1

Noticed the same thing with my '22 25LSV post this update. Batteries were reading around 12.1v on the screen (12.8 w/meter) and as soon as update was complete they jumped to 12.9-13v on the screen which is closer to what I was getting with the meter.