Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

On Board Battery Charger?

9 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Mostly for those running heavy draw items such as stereo, heated seats, lights, etc with the engine off and not allowing the batteries to charge enough afterwards. Also the boats with thrusters and fast fill draw a ton of power and if they don’t have the larger alternator the draw vs charge isn’t great. Batteries are totally fine to leave over the winter.

So this is a power source you would plug in at the dock or in your garage to recharge the batteries?  Thanks for the info.  I'm totally clueless on this but I have a ton of lights on the boat because we stay out way after dark and I often get a "Power Module 3" fault on my 2022 23LSV.  When that happens the underwater lights go out which is a bummer because we surf well after dark when it's warm enough to do so.  

2 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Same on the engine tray cover :)  Seems like a better solution could be made.  

2 hours ago, wdr said:

Like not using a metal hose clamp on the hose. Ask @dalt1about that one. :whistle:

First time I pulled the pizza tray above my engine. Found that Malibu connects the drain tube in the front port side of that tray with a Stainless hose clamp with raw edge waiting to slice your brand new seat first time you pull it out and it drags across the vinyl. Easy fix besides the $300 dollar skin. Just remove clamp and superglue the black fitting in the tube. I can't be the only one who had this unfortunate issue.  Now back on topic, I have done both my last 2 boats the same with plug under port side storage door.image.png.4ef38085737fd753429faff897ddeb8b.png

Edited by dalt1
13 minutes ago, Shea said:

So this is a power source you would plug in at the dock or in your garage to recharge the batteries?  Thanks for the info.  I'm totally clueless on this but I have a ton of lights on the boat because we stay out way after dark and I often get a "Power Module 3" fault on my 2022 23LSV.  When that happens the underwater lights go out which is a bummer because we surf well after dark when it's warm enough to do so.  

Yes. I've had an onboard battery charger in every boat I've owned for the last 20 years and use Battery Tender Jr's for the sea doos.  Plug it in at the end of the day and always charged up next time.  Never had a problem with a dead battery.  I also change out the batteries after 3 or 4 years, they don't last forever.

• 3 months later...

I hate to ask such a newb question here but I read through the post and could t quite answer my question…

When I plug in the factory charger, do I place the battery switch in the “OFF” position or does it need to be in “1” or “2” or “1+2” in order to charge the batteries?

Thanks!

Thanks.

And I just dug everything out and traced the wires and it appears my charger is routed straight to the batteries so the switch shouldn’t matter. I have it in the OFF position now and it appears my charger (ProMariner ProSport 12) is working properly.