Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2023 26 LSV

MalibuMatty

On 6/7/2022 at 7:14 AM, carguy79ta said:

Anybody have the drywt of this beast? Ballast cap would be interesting as well.

Rumor is 7000lbs with north of 6k ballast 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Tjards said:

Jeff Goldblum Reaction GIF by Apartments.com

let it be true...let it be true...(though it'll really be 4500 lbs of ballast and a 1500lbs claim from the wedge, which I seriously doubt happens at surf speed...but still, that's moving a lot of water...)

• Like 3
On 6/10/2022 at 3:41 PM, Five Cent Worth said:

Bu just catching up with the others with 26'....  :rockon:

They got cold feet and chopped off half foot.. what happened to mfgs out doing each other? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 12:31 PM, Tjards said:

Interested to see what engine gets that on plane here in Utah...  Would have to be something Malibu doesn't currently make/sell.  I don't think the LT4 could do it with the ballast full.

On 5/16/2022 at 11:27 AM, COOP said:

Malibu should just go nuts, didnt Mastercraft have a 28ft long 10ft wide surf boat with twin engines? Malibu should just go all in, 30ft with twin LT4s. Make it only available fully loaded and sell it for a cool half mil.

The X-80. Saw one this weekend actually.

Beam was pretty wide but the 28’ length must’ve included the swim deck as it didn’t seem very long. 

I think that sumbitch weighs like 6 tons too

Edited by BarliBear

Believe it or not, I actually owned an X80 for a season back in 2010. At the time I lived at Lake Minnetonka so I thought it'd be fun to have a wake boat/cruiser/party barge all in one. I soon realized it wasn't really good at anything except for drinking fuel. Wakes were hard to keep clean, obviously couldn't ski, was relatively slow, twice the cost to maintain... It also wasn't laid out very well. For example, the bow was like 6 feet long with an extra foot of dead space in the very front and it was only rated for 15. It was seriously weird, lol. 

That said, I really want to get my hands on a MasterCraft 300. If you're unfamiliar, look it up. I think you'll be surprised! 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, BarliBear said:

The X-80. Saw one this weekend actually.

Beam was pretty wide but the 28’ length must’ve included the swim deck as it didn’t seem very long. 

I think that sumbitch weighs like 6 tons too

Buddy bought an x80 to one up my sunsetter last year. Odd boat for sure. His had a simgle 502 ci engine in it. Hydraulic engine cover to access engine, came out and tied off one day and it would not shut off. Turning battery switch off didnt stop it running either. Unhooking batteries didnt stop it either. Never seen anything like it.  After that episode he traded it in for a SE550 Supra. 

11 hours ago, Hemmy said:

Check this thread out starting page 25 maybe a few pages before and after.  @TenTwentyOne did an amazing job fixing this boat up.

That restoration was documented over on TeamTalk as well.  He did an amazing job. The surf wave it throws will undoubtably beat anything out there (with no ballast!). Check it out on post #247

Edited by TolCarMan
22 hours ago, theloungelife said:

Interested to see what engine gets that on plane here in Utah...  Would have to be something Malibu doesn't currently make/sell.  I don't think the LT4 could do it with the ballast full.

I dont think it will be an issue. M240 planes out fine full ballast and I do all of our 25 lsv with the lt4 and sea level prop and they work really well.

2 hours ago, Tjards said:

I dont think it will be an issue. M240 planes out fine full ballast and I do all of our 25 lsv with the lt4 and sea level prop and they work really well.

Plane as get above 20mph or get to wakesurf speed?  Big difference.  This is a monster compared compared to 25 LSV if those numbers were correct.  6.2k vs 7k dry, ballast 4.8k vs 7k.  Thats an extra 3K of weight.  M240 is pretty close though.  I'd have to see it in person to believe it.  

21 minutes ago, theloungelife said:

Plane as get above 20mph or get to wakesurf speed?  Big difference.  This is a monster compared compared to 25 LSV if those numbers were correct.  6.2k vs 7k dry, ballast 4.8k vs 7k.  Thats an extra 3K of weight.  M240 is pretty close though.  I'd have to see it in person to believe it.  

Yep plane up to wakeboard speeds

• Like 1

Love the interior layout and specs on this new boat.  Still not a fan of the newer Bu gel lines though and I feel like I say this every year; Bu needs to fire who ever designs their marketing/demo boats.  What is going on with the interior on this boat?  I have seen patchwork quilts with less going on!

• Like 3
Just now, Chappy said:

Love the interior layout and specs on this new boat.  Still not a fan of the newer Bu gel lines though and I feel like I say this every year; Bu needs to fire who ever designs their marketing/demo boats.  What is going on with the interior on this boat?  I have seen patchwork quilts with less going on!

I have come to terms that since the early 2010 era boats, the lines get crazier and crazier.. Now, I just embrace it and try to figure out the proper color scheme to make it work.  There is certainly a lot going on in it.

• Like 2