Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf gate and Power Wedge issue

Was launching my boat after getting the break in service completed and I found this when I went to fill up the ballast bags.   

The rear bags wouldn't fill, I would turn them on and immediately they would turn off.  I couldn't lower the wedge or activate the surf gate.  You can see on the picture that there are locks showing on those settings.     I went through the menu and couldn't find anything that would change these settings.  Any ideas?  

IMG_1231.jpeg

Check your breaker panel in the port rear PNP storage compartment.  Push the settings button, select Diagnostics, select Debug Assist, select Surf Gate.  Use the tabs on the right side of the screen to test the surf gates.

1 hour ago, csleaver said:

Check your breaker panel in the port rear PNP storage compartment.  Push the settings button, select Diagnostics, select Debug Assist, select Surf Gate.  Use the tabs on the right side of the screen to test the surf gates.

Thanks.  I will work on it tommorow and hopefully I can get it working.  I did go through the settings and see that the wedge and surf gates were showing inactive.  

• 3 weeks later...

Have a similar question - I feel this is an issue from the dealer since I just got the boat back and there never has been an issue.   I have a 2019 24 MXZ and the surf gate and wedge will not work.  I checked the breakers in the back and none are tripped.  I tried to calibrate and manually open the gates - morning worked.  I reset the computer - didn’t work.  Feels like they arnt getting power or a control wire was disconnected.  Any ideas?  Thanks 

46 minutes ago, BurghMalibu said:

Have a similar question - I feel this is an issue from the dealer since I just got the boat back and there never has been an issue.   I have a 2019 24 MXZ and the surf gate and wedge will not work.  I checked the breakers in the back and none are tripped.  I tried to calibrate and manually open the gates - morning worked.  I reset the computer - didn’t work.  Feels like they arnt getting power or a control wire was disconnected.  Any ideas?  Thanks 

It might be worth a check on the wires to the house battery. I had the exact same issue on my previous boat (2019 Supreme S202) after having a new sub installed. Turns out the installer forgot about reconnecting a wire to the battery. I found it myself and messed up the wire schematic. Had to pay a certified Supreme tech to find the wiring diagram to get it back to working again. Suuuuper frustrating (and expensive)…

Thanks - I’ll check it out - it would be awesome if it was that.  It’s odd the fuel gauge also reads zero.  They did something when they repaired the depth gauge under the dash.  I thought it might have been the breakers in the back but they are not tripped.  

• 1 year later...
Robblocker

Having same issue. After running  for a little bit, the gas gauge shows zero the depth gauge shows zero the wedge stops working and the surf gate stops working. Did anyone find out the issue of why this happens?

I12Surf
Posted (edited)

2016 23 LSV - I was also having the same issue this morning.  After a long tow, I launched the boat today but the gas gauge, surf gate and wedge were  not working.   I had this issue earlier this season after a service where they did some work under the helm.  I thought I had solved it by verifying that all wires were connected properly.  

After searching through a number of threads someone mentioned a loose ground connection solved their issue.  I checked the ground block under the helm and sure enough two screws needed tightening. 

Edited by I12Surf