Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu engine swap

I have a 2015 Malibu 23 LSV with a LS3 engine. It locked up. Does anyone know if I can buy a long block from GM and replace? From all indications it will work. Looking for someone who has done this or knows the answer. 

Edited by Faucett
Title was confusing
13 hours ago, Faucett said:

I have a 2015 Malibu 23 LSV with a LS3 engine. It locked up. Does anyone know if I can buy a long block from GM and replace? From all indications it will work. Looking for someone who has done this or knows the answer. 

Do you know why your engine locked up?  The most common cause is probably hydrolocking due to a failed manifold riser allowing water into a cylinder.  Just curious.

@Faucett - Yes, actually relatively common to swap out when the base engine has a misfortune.  Michigan Motorz as noted along with places like Scroggins Dickey (GM performance parts dealer), Summit Racing, Jegs, Jasper all carry a variety of GM replacement engines & parts.  If only the bottom end failed, a short block is also a purchasable item from the same suppliers and all your ancillaries can be fitted.