Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop recommendations for 2022 LSV with Lt4

I’ve got a T250 coming with the M6. I ordered the standard prop but will use it as a spare mostly. I purchased an Acme 3311 which is 18x14. We surf 90% of the time and live at 6000’. We do boat off the hill at sea level as well early and late in the season but I figure I’ll just be over proped when we are off the hill. I’ll see how it does loaded and with a full crew at altitude. I couldn’t push the extra 10K past the CFO for the LT4.  

On 1/9/2022 at 11:02 AM, CaptainMorgan said:

didn't realize the M240 would have an 18 inch prop;  the 14 inch pitch sounds low.   What motor - M6 or LT4?  elevation you'll be boating? surfing or wakeboarding?

It will have the LT 4 motor

29 minutes ago, Tricia said:

It will have the LT 4 motor

M240 is a big boat, but with the LT4 you get tons of power.  If not at high elevation, i'd guess you could get a larger pitch to lower rpms and improve top end.  maybe @RCorsa can comment as I think he just took delivery of an M240

• 2 months later...

My 2022 240 arrived with an OJ 1778.  That prop is 17x15.5 it seems good now but it’s not quite broken in yet, that should happen this weekend.  Then the boat gets dropped off next Wednesday for them to change the fluids and make sure everything looks good.  Then I can test out the prop with some led and full ballast or close.

1 hour ago, TyB said:

My 2022 240 arrived with an OJ 1778.  That prop is 17x15.5 it seems good now but it’s not quite broken in yet, that should happen this weekend.  Then the boat gets dropped off next Wednesday for them to change the fluids and make sure everything looks good.  Then I can test out the prop with some led and full ballast or close.

Isn't that boat supposed to come with an 18?  

I don’t know about other states or dealers but that’s what Tommy’s Boulder boats in AZ puts on there 240’s.  I did order a OJ 1784 from WakeMakers they thought that would an good one at elevation or lots of weight in the boat.  I did pay for the one time prop switch if when I do try it and I don’t like it, I can trade it out for something else.