Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 2022 A24's yet?

Nemesis

1 hour ago, Livinlogs said:

I had both. 2020 and 2021 a24. The 2020 being like your 2019. There is a significant difference in the wave between the two models with the hull change . Now the 2022 has all the changes you’ve already read about  on top of the hull change for 2021. The kids noticed immediately the riding difference . We are owners of a new 250 but have not been on it . Early reports from the dealer on his factory rides are very favorable. They also had a new 25lsv that they demoed all fall . I think if you can get one , you’ll notice a big difference in the 2022 A24 . 

very interesting, thx for the feedback.  An integrated trash can and hinged seats weren't compelling, new dash would be nice...but a better wave, that may be a reason i can work with (though the $$ mentioned in other threads could mean staying with 2019 wave a while longer).  

without hijacking this thread, did you have any luck with listing your A24 at all?  i'd love to clean up my wave a tiny bit, wasn't sure if its been successful in the past. (typically run full PnP, 300 lbs lead under OB, Wedge 2 or 3, 11.4mph -- haven't dialed in the last 10% of excellence just yet).

27 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

very interesting, thx for the feedback.  An integrated trash can and hinged seats weren't compelling, new dash would be nice...but a better wave, that may be a reason i can work with (though the $$ mentioned in other threads could mean staying with 2019 wave a while longer).  

without hijacking this thread, did you have any luck with listing your A24 at all?  i'd love to clean up my wave a tiny bit, wasn't sure if its been successful in the past. (typically run full PnP, 300 lbs lead under OB, Wedge 2 or 3, 11.4mph -- haven't dialed in the last 10% of excellence just yet).

The 21 had 900’s in the back and responded to lead differently than the 20 for sure . Everyone on the boat was wowed by the wave length and push . All the guests were from non Malibu brands . My 21 sold instantly if I read your question correctly. Now, I gambled that the 250 wave would be better, I hope I chose wisely as the 21A24 was awesome 

5 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

The 21 had 900’s in the back and responded to lead differently than the 20 for sure . Everyone on the boat was wowed by the wave length and push . All the guests were from non Malibu brands . My 21 sold instantly if I read your question correctly. Now, I gambled that the 250 wave would be better, I hope I chose wisely as the 21A24 was awesome 

Sorry I mean "list" like lean to one side (maybe leading to other list eventually). Was curious if worthwhile trying to fill my 900s unevenly or new lead placement.

Wave is very good, but striving for excellence

1 hour ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Sorry I mean "list" like lean to one side (maybe leading to other list eventually). Was curious if worthwhile trying to fill my 900s unevenly or new lead placement.

Wave is very good, but striving for excellence

Definitely had to dump ballast for regular riders and lead on that side but I had to do that with both years boats. But the 21 liked lead further back than the 20 

• Like 1

This is great feedback as we still haven't been able to take our new A24 out yet. Plan on going out 1st or 2nd week of April....just seems like it's taking forever this winter since the new boat is just being stored at the dealer waiting on an actual delivery day. We are coming from a 2011 Malibu 247LSV so anxious to see our reactions to seeing and riding the wave/wake for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

Got ours home the other day and was checking it out. The little cover under the rear sliding seat, is it screwed down on anyone else’s A24? Mine is just sitting there and not even sitting flush with the floor. I know on my A22 it was screwed down I believe. Seems like they either messed up or went way cheap on a 130k boat!!

8 hours ago, Mitch83 said:

Got ours home the other day and was checking it out. The little cover under the rear sliding seat, is it screwed down on anyone else’s A24? Mine is just sitting there and not even sitting flush with the floor. I know on my A22 it was screwed down I believe. Seems like they either messed up or went way cheap on a 130k boat!!

you mean the transmission cover, where you can access your raw water seacock and the seacocks serving your ballast pumps?  I'd sure hate for a hose to come off and want to shut those off, only to need to go looking for the screwdriver.

(no -- the tranny cover shouldn't be screwed down)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

you mean the transmission cover, where you can access your raw water seacock and the seacocks serving your ballast pumps?  I'd sure hate for a hose to come off and want to shut those off, only to need to go looking for the screwdriver.

Yeah that’s it. Guess On my A22 it was actually sitting flush and wasn’t flopping around. I’ll have to ask my dealer about it when we I take it to them to do the water test. 

On 2/23/2022 at 5:51 AM, shawndoggy said:

On my buddies 24MXZ. To get the ballast pumps there were I think 4 screws. On my 19 25LSV it was 2 latches under the pizza tray. It is a pain in the behind on the water with a boat full of people and you need to get to those pumps to clear weeds on the MXZ. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2022 at 9:50 PM, Nemesis said:

This is great feedback as we still haven't been able to take our new A24 out yet. Plan on going out 1st or 2nd week of April....

ok, April is basically over...where are the pics of this new toy on the water? 

btw, my mechanic (who i believe more than a sales guy) reinforced what @Livinlogs said, that the '21 and '22 year A24's do make a bigger wave than previous hull (which i have).  My 2019 moves lots of water already, so i anticipate you'll be real happy once break-in is over and you fill that PnP...

14 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

ok, April is basically over...where are the pics of this new toy on the water? 

btw, my mechanic (who i believe more than a sales guy) reinforced what @Livinlogs said, that the '21 and '22 year A24's do make a bigger wave than previous hull (which i have).  My 2019 moves lots of water already, so i anticipate you'll be real happy once break-in is over and you fill that PnP...

:cheers: So we managed to have a delivery day finally and it was in the worst conditions. We went from 70+ days to on delivery day dropped to 52 and the wind was crazy/water was rough. We filled all the ballast and put a wave up for a demo and even in rough water conditions and with only 3 adults/1kid in the boat the wave was really impressive. I have a video but with the rough conditions I would rather wait to show with someone surfing in smooth water for a good comparison. I'm so anxious to see it in smooth water and with my normal crew on board. Weather hasn't been cooperating with us on weekends so we're only at 5 hours so I'm hoping to knock out the next 5 within a week so we can get serviced and load her up to surf. I will definitely be posting some pictures and videos. Also a side note the new full bimini is huge. I feel like its bigger than my 2011 Malibu's full bimini. Hope all is well and hope everyone is as excited as we are for lake season!

Axis1.jpg

Edited by Nemesis
world speed wrong
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

:cheers: So we managed to have a delivery day finally and it was in the worse conditions. We went from 70+ days to on delivery day dropped to 52 and the wind was crazy/water was rough. We filled all the ballast and put a wave up for a demo and even in rough water conditions and with only 3 adults/1kid in the boat the wave was really impressive. I haver a video but with the rough conditions I would rather wait to show with someone surfing in smooth water for a good comparison. I'm so anxious to see it in smooth water and with my normal crew on board. Weather hasn't been cooperating with us on weekends so we're only at 5 hours so I'm hoping to knock out the next 5 within a week so we can get serviced and load her up to surf. I will definitely be posting some pictures and videos. Also a side note the new full bimini is huge. I feel like its bigger than my 2011 Malibu's full bimini. Hope all is well and hope everyone is as excited as we are for lake season!

Axis1.jpg

Our boats are almost twins.  Here is my T250 with similar (same?) color scheme.  

IMG_1131.jpg

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, gtfish said:

Our boats are almost twins.  Here is my T250 with similar (same?) color scheme.  

IMG_1131.jpg

It's so sad that you can't capture the true aspect of the Electric Purple Metallic in pictures. It's absolutely a great color on the water in person. While I was sitting near a cove this past weekend I had so many people cruise by and compliment the color. Great looking T250! Also did you have any gelcoat issues? After giving mine the first "good" wash I found a couple little spots and hoping the dealership doesn't give me a hard time on fixing. 

1 minute ago, Nemesis said:

It's so sad that you can't capture the true aspect of the Electric Purple Metallic in pictures. It's absolutely a great color on the water in person. While I was sitting near a cove this past weekend I had so many people cruise by and compliment the color. Great looking T250! Also did you have any gelcoat issues? After giving mine the first "good" wash I found a couple little spots and hoping the dealership doesn't give me a hard time on fixing. 

No issues that I could see, a couple scratches that I will get touched up but no defects.  I am having it ceramic coated and I asked the guys to really look it over in case I missed something.  

It is hard to get a picture that shows its true color, most of mine look blue.  It is definitely a looker.