Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking at a 2018 23LSV... couple questions from a total noob.

CptAmerica

16 minutes ago, CptAmerica said:

Well bummer, they won't budge on the price... and I think 125 is just too high.  Turns out it was on conignment and not owned by the dealer. I was willing to go 125 out the door, including tax, which was like 115ish... nope.  No real budging.   But I will say, they were extremely good there over at AWS. Super helpful, super friendly, and communication was amazing. I felt like I had a friend on the inside.  Thanks for your help, still hopin to find a Malibu as I love their style.  

They do business right there. I was treated like I was a new boat buyer from the first time I showed up 7-8 years ago with a 1999 Ski Centurion that needed service. I would be in a Heyday right now if that’s all AWS sold.

If you’re still in the area, @CharlieBeaUhas a very clean 2017 23 LSV that he may be selling.

• Like 1

I have bought 3 Malibu's from AWS.  Like @NWBU said.  They treat you like you are buying a new boat even if you are buying a used boat.  They are awesome to deal with.  My boat is a 2020 and I already have over 350 hours.  So 200+ hours for an 18 is nothing.  With that said no way they are budging from the 125k as you have found out.  And even with the tower folded down you are going to have to air down the tires and that would still be a big maybe getting in an 8' garage.  

Good luck with finding a boat.  Keep us posted.    

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sixer said:

That's a nice boat, but not 125k.  My 2021 new was close to that out the door.  Keep your eyes open, you'll find the right boat. 

What did you get your 21 for? PM me if you don't mind.  It would help me gauge in negotiations... appreciate it.

2 hours ago, dwc032 said:

And even with the tower folded down you are going to have to air down the tires and that would still be a big maybe getting in an 8' garage.  

Good luck with finding a boat.  Keep us posted.    

Thanks i sure will.  And also, they measured the boat height for me, and with the board racks removed, it cleared the 8 foot door with room to spare. 

11 hours ago, CptAmerica said:

What did you get your 21 for? PM me if you don't mind.  It would help me gauge in negotiations... appreciate it.

Just remember that there is a ~14% price increase for 2022.  Also, some dealers are getting close to 'sold out' so % off MSRP may also decrease sharply (dealer dependent).  

2) I also have an obnoxious requirement that my boat fit inside a standard 10x8' garage door.  Would a 23LSV with the tower down clear the top of the door at roughly 94"?

I had a 2016 23LSV with G4 and as noted in ad 18" wheels  18" wheels add height to over 8 feet.  It did NOT fit in my standard 8' high door.  AWS actually brought a similar boat to my house to try.  2016 was older hull design with less free board.  Overall height came in at 8'5". 

I had the door modified to 9 feet high  Yes that is with the board racks removed.  Suggest you double check the height.  Afraid it will not fit due to the 18" wheels.  

On 10/13/2021 at 2:52 PM, Sixer said:

That's pretty high price for a 2018 IMO, a 2020 I could see at that price but not an '18.  I know I'm in a different market, but it is crazy high here too.  For reference, this one is listed for just under $105k.  Boat looks nice, good luck!

https://mninboard.com/boats-for-sale/2018-malibu-boats-wakesetter-23-lsv-1331052/

It's also Orange ;)

9 hours ago, ORMailbuboater said:

2) I also have an obnoxious requirement that my boat fit inside a standard 10x8' garage door.  Would a 23LSV with the tower down clear the top of the door at roughly 94"?

I had a 2016 23LSV with G4 and as noted in ad 18" wheels  18" wheels add height to over 8 feet.  It did NOT fit in my standard 8' high door.  AWS actually brought a similar boat to my house to try.  2016 was older hull design with less free board.  Overall height came in at 8'5". 

I had the door modified to 9 feet high  Yes that is with the board racks removed.  Suggest you double check the height.  Afraid it will not fit due to the 18" wheels.  

Well, you have to take the board racks off. They actually pulled the racks and measured for me and it cleared with quite a bit of room to spare.  I would hope he wasn't lying.

6 hours ago, dcarl said:

Also remember an 8ft door does not have an 8ft opening you loose several inches because on the header.

Yep. 96" is actually 94" of clearance needed.  

8 hours ago, oldjeep said:

It's also Orange ;)

And it has almost 400 hours.  I don't mind bright orange... I like it. But I can't stand the peanut butter. :vomit:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a FYI.  If this Malibu does not work out at the price you are willing to pay and you go back on the hunt.  I have a LSV with the G-35 tower and it would not fit under under my 8' garage without removing the tow hoop and racks.   Shame on me for not considering the height before writing the check and having the boat delivered.   I had to order a low profile hoop from the dealer and now it goes in fine.  Still have to remove the racks but it easy and is not a big deal for me.   The trailer sits on 14 inch rims.   If you do not want to potentially switch out the hoop you may want to limit your search to Malibu's with the G4 tower.  Good Luck!

Edited by TMVmalibuWA