Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T220

wedge88

13 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Hey guys, how do you turn off the auto-volume on the stereo? I don't want it adjusting when the boat accelerates?

I think its under calibration in the settings. 

Had some more time out surfing.  300lbs. On the port surfside and 300lbs in trash can area.  The boat is definitely driver heavy and could use even a bit more weight when surfing port.  The wave is really good wedge 3, 11mph a little washy on top but good enough for us to be done messing with it for a while as we get back into contest shape.  Surfgate is slower to deploy then last boat so am going to poke around the settings a bit see if there is a way to adjust it.

Water temp and depth were really off today and I am not sure why.  

20220514_140914.jpg

4 minutes ago, vanamp said:

Had some more time out surfing.  300lbs. On the port surfside and 300lbs in trash can area.  The boat is definitely driver heavy and could use even a bit more weight when surfing port.  The wave is really good wedge 3, 11mph a little washy on top but good enough for us to be done messing with it for a while as we get back into contest shape.  Surfgate is slower to deploy then last boat so am going to poke around the settings a bit see if there is a way to adjust it.

20220514_140914.jpg

My temp is spot on while moving but jumps 10 to 15 deg quickly after stopping. Dealer says "it's just an estimate" worked perfect the first year!

45 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

My temp is spot on while moving but jumps 10 to 15 deg quickly after stopping. Dealer says "it's just an estimate" worked perfect the first year!

Mine said 68 all day and we are in full hooded wetsuites and lucky to see 68 on 4th of july here.  Was close last time out but air temp was a lot warmer today. 

9 hours ago, vanamp said:

20220514_140914.jpg

Any videos of the wave? 

I finally got my boat to my shop and started looking at it a bit more closely...

For those that have installed the Hyperperry Designs locker nets...any tips or tricks for drilling into the fiberglass?  Also, on the interior mount, did you mount into the steel support or lower in the plastic divider?

I also poked around trying to find the SiriusXM input, unsuccessfully.  Where do I plug in the Sirius receiver kit?  I have sound pack 3...

Lastly, anyone have any organization tips for the deep port side storage?  I want some bins or crates to keep things off the bottom of the locker, but am having a hard time finding something that uses the space efficiently...

1 hour ago, Sixer said:

Wave looks great!  What are you using for your surf settings? I remember you were moving lead around....

i set one up in fl such that it was 90-95% of my Ri 230 wave,  dpeed 11.4 wedge 3,   crew of six in boat plus surfer, fill all,  two adults in bow (one in center one to surf side) cabin crew mostly to surfside, wave was long, tall snd pushy from front to back on both sides, reg as good as goofy

Edited by granddaddy55
10 hours ago, Sixer said:

Wave looks great!  What are you using for your surf settings? I remember you were moving lead around....

300lbs in trash can area and 300lbs on surf side.  No crew just driver and my little kids.  Would like to clean up the top a bit but it is pretty good as-is. 

On 5/21/2022 at 11:01 AM, frosty said:

For those that have installed the Hyperperry Designs locker nets...any tips or tricks for drilling into the fiberglass?  Also, on the interior mount, did you mount into the steel support or lower in the plastic divider?

Lastly, anyone have any organization tips for the deep port side storage?  I want some bins or crates to keep things off the bottom of the locker, but am having a hard time finding something that uses the space efficiently...

I thought it was helpful having a second set of hands to hold them in position, then marked the holes with a sharpie. Drilled them with a sharp bit and gently opened up the hole by moving the bit around to kind of chamfer the fiberglass.

I use this: https://www.amazon.com/Dri-Dek-Marine-Surface-Interlocking-Compartment/dp/B01HU5SFCM/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3UO3S3LBRESD1&keywords=boat+storage+liner&qid=1653309675&sprefix=boat+storage+liner%2Caps%2C263&sr=8-5

Edited by Raimie
On 5/11/2022 at 6:23 PM, Raimie said:

Hey guys, how do you turn off the auto-volume on the stereo? I don't want it adjusting when the boat accelerates?

In the Stereo settings (on your LED panel, not the actual stereo unit) there is an adjustment. I personally love that it adjusts the volume when I accelerate but there are multiple settings. I think it is under boat calibrations (or one of those menus).

Has anyone tried engine sound deadening insulation under the rope storage and/or on the side panels beside the engine? Wondering if it is worth trying. For example, looking at this on Amazon

Mount the inboard brackets just lower than the stainless bracket on the black HDPE engine divider. The outer brackets, mount with the bottom of the bracket flush with the bottom of the fiberglass lip. Also a #2 Phillips bit works great as a make shift chamfer bit after drilling the fiberglass. 

• Like 2

Need your opinion. Should I put on the Axis logo or not? I am leaning to not putting it on. Thoughts?

spacer.pngspacer.png

51 minutes ago, graywalds said:

Need your opinion. Should I put on the Axis logo or not? I am leaning to not putting it on. Thoughts?

spacer.pngspacer.png

I'd leave it off!

I went with the straight up scheme as well (grey/black metallic) and ordered it without the badge. Yours looks great! Can’t wait until mine is delivered!

Need to adjust my lift boards to fit the T220 correctly. Does anyone have a measurement that has worked for them. Right now I have them inside to inside at 26” but concerned with how close the raw water intake through hull is in back to where will rest on lift board. Measuring the inside trailer bunks they are closer to 23” inside to inside. Not sure if I should move my boards that narrow or widen them out.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:07 PM, graywalds said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

I say no but if you do I like it where the 2023 are located.  Here is my debadged T250.  

IMG_1397.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gtfish said:

I say no but if you do I like it where the 2023 are located.  Here is my debadged T250.  

IMG_1397.jpeg

where are they going on the 23's ?  any chance you have a link?