Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T220

wedge88

2 hours ago, vanamp said:

I spent 10.1 hrs in the boat this weekend.  Have not been able to install any of my upgrades yet due to winter holding on tight in MN but found some open water in IA.

Initial thoughts(comparing from out 2018 T22): 

• Gramin dash was perfect, simple easy to navigate not issues.  Configuration of thing like the depth alarm are quick and easy set/change.  Only thing I used manual conrtol for was the knob for setting cruise control.
  • Wireless charger was great, had Navionics app running the whole time on an unfamilar lake and left boat with 100% charge
  • The stereo controls are so much better, then the crap they put in the 2018.  Love having a Volume knob.
  • The soft grip flooring is really disappointing.  It seems to be a cheaper stamped version of gatorstep.  It does not even match the glove box or dash accents.  I would definitly advise against ordering it and getting a gatorstep kit.  The lines and logo are printed?Lasered? on and not cut into the lower layer of coler like gatorstep and there is no beveled edge on the side just straight cut.
  • Cover is still not great.  For how hard it is to get on you would think it would have a tight fit but even with the additional hang tight point (rope attached to 2 points plus front and rear pole) it still is a super loose fit and has pooling behind windshield.  I tried to go Evo but they did not have a template. 
  • Not sure about the M6 yet due to break in limits but it felt like it wanted to take off.
  • Vinyl seems to be continually getting better every refresh. 
  • Couple design misses are the obvious where to put the registration numbers issue and the gas cap and cleat are too close for a nice cleat opening so there is just one big zipper for opening for both.
  • Surfgate transfer tones are a nice soft sounding tone, much more pleseant on the ears of the passangers.
  • Trailer wheels look a lot nicer, not sure if this was an upgrade due to supply shortages or something new.
  • Open seat desgin makes not having the swivel less of an issue, luckily my dealer pointed out how worthless the swivel option is an saved me a little cash on that one.
  • Hull handled some rough water pretty well but was not really driving it hard due to break in limits. 
  • Hinged seats are awesome and just make it feel much less like a budget brand boat.

Overall everything feels much improved over the our 2018.  

Mostly my sentiments as well. I also liked that they added drain tubes to the dash cupholder to keep the area below dry.

100% on the soft grip. If I was able to redo my order, I'd omit the factory flooring and top deck trac.

While I thought the Garmin screen was pretty good, I would not order without the redundant controls below. Additionally, I wish the heater has a button below as well. It's nice to turn it off when idling without flipping between screens.

Edited by Raimie
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, gtfish said:

On the Garmin display has anyone install a screen protector?  I ordered some for my T250 when it arrives.  It isn't custom but trim to size.  Just curious if that is a concern for anyone.  

I'm not planning on putting one on . I don't want it to be less responsive.

3 hours ago, gtfish said:

On the Garmin display has anyone install a screen protector?  I ordered some for my T250 when it arrives.  It isn't custom but trim to size.  Just curious if that is a concern for anyone.  

I probably will use one just to be safe but I always hate how swiping feels with a protector.  I might try to hunt down a glass screen protector that will fit.  Would be pretty tricky to install though.

Edited by vanamp

I ordered our boat with the carpet flooring.  From the photos my dealer sent, there is still some soft grip throughout the boat.  I really hope it looks ok and holds up like gator step.  My idea was to use it as an outline for decadence or some other type of removable flooring.  We shall see how it ends up working out... 

10 hours ago, Raimie said:

Three different neighbors stopped by today. They were confused. I told them I had twins.

I finally stopped trying to justify why I sold/upgraded.  When the third neighbor asked me, I said because I felt like it. Felt so good. :)

The '18 will be gone next week and the '22 will go to her home on the lake as soon as the weather cooperates with me for more than an minute.

IMG_20220411_142744652_HDR.jpg

@vanampyou can really tell the difference with the covers in this pic.  I put mine on in the garage to keep pollen out and thought "that can't be right" with how loose the cover was in many areas.  I also agree with the flooring as it feels the same as my 2015 A22s platform pad.  Not at all like gatorstep.  

5 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

@vanampyou can really tell the difference with the covers in this pic.  I put mine on in the garage to keep pollen out and thought "that can't be right" with how loose the cover was in many areas.  I also agree with the flooring as it feels the same as my 2015 A22s platform pad.  Not at all like gatorstep.  

I'm thinking there is a little bit of break-in that occurs on the covers after being in the sun for a few weeks installed on the boat. I hope so, because, I'm not impressed so far. The cover on my '18 fits very well (after a slight modification for interference with the bow roller)

We have a spray date of today on a T220. Any idea on the timeline of production/delivery? I was guessing 14 -20 days based on our last T22. No hurry with the current Indiana spring!

7 hours ago, RPK said:

We have a spray date of today on a T220. Any idea on the timeline of production/delivery? I was guessing 14 -20 days based on our last T22. No hurry with the current Indiana spring!

My spray date was March 31,  the boat is now ready to ship.  Thinking next week for delivery to the dealership. 

Has anyone with a new T220/250 lowered the tower?  I have two Rev10s and one pair clamping racks and it takes everything I have to raise/lower and I’ve had to do it on all our boats.  I watched a video of a 2020 T22 that the guy had to push the tower down and raised with hand.  That’s what I thought we would have but either they changed something or I’m missing something.

Also fired it up in the driveway with the flush kit.  Went to find the raw water intake and it’s not by the trans with the M5.  It’s on the starboard side rear of engine about 12” from platform and no water intake ball valve which seems off. Flush kit interior connections weren’t tight so I had water pouring into engine bay.

53 minutes ago, wedge88 said:

Has anyone with a new T220/250 lowered the tower?  I have two Rev10s and one pair clamping racks and it takes everything I have to raise/lower and I’ve had to do it on all our boats.  I watched a video of a 2020 T22 that the guy had to push the tower down and raised with hand.  That’s what I thought we would have but either they changed something or I’m missing something.

Also fired it up in the driveway with the flush kit.  Went to find the raw water intake and it’s not by the trans with the M5.  It’s on the starboard side rear of engine about 12” from platform and no water intake ball valve which seems off. Flush kit interior connections weren’t tight so I had water pouring into engine bay.

Haha I literally just got done installing the shock assist kit (single handedly, which I would not recommend… woulda been way easier with an assistant). 

F0FA99B3-8A77-4658-A23B-FE09E771A169.jpeg

8BBC9924-DC3A-4201-B44D-2F3A1077275A.jpeg

972FB504-E14B-4B44-B567-8F658787B1BC.jpeg

51D9C436-9842-43B3-8EFE-8C4F1927F830.jpeg

9EFFC988-83EC-435D-A899-AB72CE1D4117.jpeg

F071723D-984A-4EF7-95AB-E0D50116A7C5.jpeg

C7E51F8A-C05B-4EE1-A4A0-81C895D51D8E.jpeg

18915FAC-A6B9-43E5-B4A6-89DE6D0A94EE.jpeg

Edited by shawndoggy
  • Like 2
On 4/11/2022 at 9:58 AM, Raimie said:

Same. On my '18, I removed the latch so it would always swivel. It was great for sitting and chatting with friends while the kids swam. I liked to rotate about 90 degrees and put my feet up on the passengers seat side.  I'm hoping that I get a little more rotation with the riser on... not sure if it will matter though.

Hey @Raimie check it out!  If I slide the seat *forward* just right it will spin all the way 180*!  Granted this is an A24 not T220, but one would hope the helms are pretty similar. 

i still really don’t think I am going to like the lock on the box. 

89731CDB-AFEF-4498-8593-99A1529EBD1E.jpeg

C109DD31-3EE4-4BAC-BA21-23F37156331B.jpeg

2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Haha I literally just got done installing the shock assist kit (single handedly, which I would not recommend… woulda been way easier with an assistant). 

F0FA99B3-8A77-4658-A23B-FE09E771A169.jpeg

8BBC9924-DC3A-4201-B44D-2F3A1077275A.jpeg

972FB504-E14B-4B44-B567-8F658787B1BC.jpeg

51D9C436-9842-43B3-8EFE-8C4F1927F830.jpeg

9EFFC988-83EC-435D-A899-AB72CE1D4117.jpeg

F071723D-984A-4EF7-95AB-E0D50116A7C5.jpeg

C7E51F8A-C05B-4EE1-A4A0-81C895D51D8E.jpeg

18915FAC-A6B9-43E5-B4A6-89DE6D0A94EE.jpeg

Where did you get the kit?  I don’t care what it costs, I’m buying it.

1 hour ago, wedge88 said:

Where did you get the kit?  I don’t care what it costs, I’m buying it.

It was an option when you ordered FYI. It’s one of those things that shouldn’t be an option on a build. It should just be standard. My 2016 was miserable to raise and lower. It’s a one finger job now with rev 10’s. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

First time posting be easy on me.

Picked up our T220 on 3/26 from Tommy’s in Lewisville, tx (formally waterski America). I have 350 pounds of lead laying around. Has anyone played with placement yet on this boat? If so where/what are ya running?

4 hours ago, Senter1 said:

First time posting be easy on me.

Picked up our T220 on 3/26 from Tommy’s in Lewisville, tx (formally waterski America). I have 350 pounds of lead laying around. Has anyone played with placement yet on this boat? If so where/what are ya running?

I will be stashing my 300lbs in the observers compartment or where the trash can goes.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, theloungelife said:

Any hardcore boarders test out the wakeboard wake yet?  Interested how it compares to the T22 and current A22.

@hunter77ah let me know when you are ready to give her a rip

On 4/16/2022 at 4:13 PM, wedge88 said:

I’m waiting on new shocks for my t250. They are the correct ones in the tower but it drops with about 100 lbs of force . I have two pairs of 10” plus racks . My last two a24’s I literally had to push the tower down . They had two pairs of 8” plus racks . Not sure what the solution is but nobody in my family except me can handle the tower . We have to lower it every time we use the boat to put it in the garage . It’s a pain right now 

Was really hoping for a little bigger opening for stuffing lead. 

20220507_185511.thumb.jpg.3f6631726a41949fb86e5a801d94718e.jpg

there is a TON of unused space with the new nose shape.  I am going to start looking into hatches for the top.  It would be perfect anchor storage.

Here is the hose off the heat exchanger for winterize shown looking across from the port locker.  Its usually tucked up above the sea strainer to avoid interfering with ridder arm.  FYI make sure to empty sea strainer for winterization.  

20220507_182000.thumb.jpg.cbfbe9c71ec0ddd5e4e9b9921977a057.jpg

My garbage can spot is currently full of lead.  Might change once we start dialing in the wave but my current plan is to cut the bottom off the can and use a bag to make it shorter.  The cans are sterlite 3gal model 1305 currently $15 off amazon.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, vanamp said:

Was really hoping for a little bigger opening for stuffing lead. 

20220507_185511.thumb.jpg.3f6631726a41949fb86e5a801d94718e.jpg

there is a TON of unused space with the new nose shape.  I am going to start looking into hatches for the top.  It would be perfect anchor storage.

Here is the hose off the heat exchanger for winterize shown looking across from the port locker.  Its usually tucked up above the sea strainer to avoid interfering with ridder arm.  FYI make sure to empty sea strainer for winterization.  

20220507_182000.thumb.jpg.cbfbe9c71ec0ddd5e4e9b9921977a057.jpg

My garbage can spot is currently full of lead.  Might change once we start dialing in the wave but my current plan is to cut the bottom off the can and use a bag to make it shorter.  The cans are sterlite 3gal model 1305 currently $15 off amazon.

I’d throw caution to the wind about removing the sea strainer then putting it right back on during winterization. That is what I did this year and first start this spring I couldn’t get it primed and it was leaking bad it had cracked in the threads. Maybe it isn’t related but I think I got water trapped in the threads and that is what cracked it. This year I plan to take it off and put it in a bag zip tied to the steering wheel. 

Finally got surfing.  300lbs. Lead in the trash can area.  200lbs. Port (our regular Surf side) and 100lbs. Starboard side.

The boat seems heavy on starboard side so going to move all the lead to port side and see if it cleans up a bit.  

Wedge 3

Wave was great, still knocking the rust off so we will start tweaking it a bit more next time. 

FB_IMG_1652054608909.jpg

• Like 2