Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T220

wedge88

For the garbage can lifting when center ballast was full I just took off the grey handle part of the can and it fixed the problem for me.

IMG_2729.jpg.b64e5bd334347a0df47496f8e40fac93.jpg

Added sound deadener to the side panels and top of the motor/towel warmer. (Not really sure how much this helped due to I changed prop at the same time and that dropped RPM about 600rpms) but its super quiet between the 2.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B75PD8B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_2726.jpg.18125a1a35c56be90cc01317cfc747cd.jpg

Edited by Bradley Thornton

I have a question.

In the back cargo area I have some lights that doesn't work. They say Transom Interior LT, Transom Interior RT. Any Idea how to cut them on or when they came on on your boat?

IMG_2727.jpg.bea89e184c8b2d1e48e06f33fe3d37c2.jpgIMG_2728.jpg.c738648d0fe00fa055d41334db786ecb.jpgIMG_2725.jpg.ef7823bd875710d269dba51a0ea7c261.jpg

May drill some hole up front it holds water bad when I bring it home. I have to winch the front all the way up to get it to drain backwards. 
IMG_2751.thumb.jpeg.8e5319d67bec18a12d12a45f2b115137.jpeg

The handles are coming apart on about 3 of them only 117hrs. I’ll fix it in the winter with glue but thought I would show the group. 
IMG_2898.thumb.jpeg.1c862f5fc5cc184ea2cfa7eb5726e2b2.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

How is everyone's depth finder?  Mine is almost worthless. We joke that it tells us if it was deep or shallow 20 seconds ago.  Hoping there is a software update that helps.

On 8/4/2023 at 8:57 PM, vanamp said:

How is everyone's depth finder?  Mine is almost worthless. We joke that it tells us if it was deep or shallow 20 seconds ago.  Hoping there is a software update that helps.

I would just be willing to say it tells me that I'm in the water. Mine is always off but within 5ft. My lake is small and have been on it for 13years so we know the depths very well. Its off but in my case not a big deal.

6 hours ago, Bradley Thornton said:

I would just be willing to say it tells me that I'm in the water. Mine is always off but within 5ft. My lake is small and have been on it for 13years so we know the depths very well. Its off but in my case not a big deal.

Our cabin lake has a sand bar we have to navigate to get the boat from the launch to the 100ft bay we are on.  It is dicey and with the new depth finder, we just have to pucker up and go for it.

• 4 months later...
On 12/19/2023 at 9:17 AM, ahopkins22LSV said:

I’m tempted to drill those holes in the walkway in our 22LSV too. Drain wasn’t added there until the 2023+ models. 

Considering this myself.   My interior doesn't drain at all very well.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ahopkins22LSV said:

If I do it, I want to find some rubber grommets. I know that will still allow some water to pool but I think it will be worth it to be clean and not exposed fiberglass 

image.thumb.png.55956207a8edd9f146c8b598729b0303.png

• Like 2

why is there retained water in bow?, just wet people? or yall are dunking bow but all of yall are experienced so doubting that.  i guess i dont have wet folks often in my bow but suspect my bow might hold it too but the moment we would start surfing snd have bow rise it would def flow to cabin 

ahopkins22LSV
14 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

why is there retained water in bow?, just wet people? or yall are dunking bow but all of yall are experienced so doubting that.  i guess i dont have wet folks often in my bow but suspect my bow might hold it too but the moment we would start surfing snd have bow rise it would def flow to cabin 

Mine is from heavy rains. I get lazy on treating the cover and I am pretty sure it comes in from the vents and tower opening too. It is never a ton, but once or twice a year it pools there.

Mainly I want a drain there for cleaning the floor. With my driveway, even with the trailer all the way jacked up, it still slopes forward.

1 minute ago, ahopkins22LSV said:

Mine is from heavy rains. I get lazy on treating the cover and I am pretty sure it comes in from the vents and tower opening too. It is never a ton, but once or twice a year it pools there.

Mainly I want a drain there for cleaning the floor. With my driveway, even with the trailer all the way jacked up, it still slopes forward.

no doubt if my boat was in rain covered it would have water there, i had to spend $5000 on s new higher replacement carport for my new boat.  in the swamp country if you let a boat stay wet covered it’s a mildew mess pretty quickly.   

14 hours ago, ahopkins22LSV said:

My boat storage is covered, but this is why I want to drill holes.   Trying to wash out the interior is a PITA with water pooling here and at the helm.   Like you said, even with the trailer jacked up and with some wood under the jack, it still doesn't drain well.   

On 12/19/2023 at 7:03 AM, Raimie said:

@Bradley Thornton The handles were warrantied on mine for the same issue. How did those drain holes work out? I always have water in that area as well and it drives me crazy. Also, your swim platform should be fixed under warranty.

@vanamp My depth finder is completely useless.

@rennis Looks great!

Works great 0 issues after. I would think the rubber grommets would just create the same problem. Now instead of raising the bow as high as I can now I get to lower it as much as I can.