Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis T220

wedge88

Just now, wedge88 said:

Still no rotation on the T220.  I've requested that Malibu credit the charge for the swivel seat but no luck yet.  I would also like to get a credit for the wireless charging that I paid for but still hasn't arrived.

The T220 for sure comes with rotating seat option for ‘23, I was in one yesterday.

1 minute ago, SPS70 said:

The T220 for sure comes with rotating seat option for ‘23, I was in one yesterday.

Yes but it won’t “turn around” without the riser.  You only get about 15* of swivel.  At least that’s what @Raimie reported. 

6 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Yes but it won’t “turn around” without the riser.  You only get about 15* of swivel.  At least that’s what @Raimie reported. 

I know from the one I was in yesterday that as long as the seat is slid forward the right amount it will turn to 90° and if you wanna go further the steering wheel has to be up and the throttle might even have to be moved a little bit forward so that it clears to turn it all the way around.  Past results maybe don’t ensure future performance😂 

8 hours ago, SPS70 said:

I know from the one I was in yesterday that as long as the seat is slid forward the right amount it will turn to 90° and if you wanna go further the steering wheel has to be up and the throttle might even have to be moved a little bit forward so that it clears to turn it all the way around.  Past results maybe don’t ensure future performance😂 

Ya, if I slide my seat all the way forward, I can get it to turn 90. It still presses against the throttle though.

On 9/28/2022 at 10:09 AM, shawndoggy said:

With the seat riser installed, and the seat slid back to a normal position, how much turn do you get? It’s obvious that the design is piss poor, you should not have to slide the seat all the way forward to get some decent swivel.

Edited by SPS70
On 9/30/2022 at 12:48 PM, SPS70 said:

With the seat riser installed, and the seat slid back to a normal position, how much turn do you get? It’s obvious that the design is piss poor, you should not have to slide the seat all the way forward to get some decent swivel.

Very little. Maybe 15 degrees

11 hours ago, zrcrazy said:

Supporter, nice setup, is that a 8' garage door behind your boat?

yes, 8' garage doors, standard width.  boat just barely squeaks in there. 

2023 T220 pics are up. A noticeable difference that I have seen discussed as an issue on here is the placement of the ballast drains for the center and bow tanks. They moved them back below the horn so you can drain without getting sprayed while underway. I am seriously considering getting a quote to move mine. It's super annoying when we are trying to hustle back to base when short on time.

Additional observations... Improved midship storage tray, soft grip on the inside tower base, logos moved (we knew that was coming).

Anyone else see any other changes?

I was hoping to see the rear cleat moved to the actual rear of the boat. I find the cleat spacing to be useless on this boat and end up utilizing the rear d-ring more often than I care too.

Also really wondering if the softgrip changed for 2023. Anyone have eyes on that yet?

Edited by Raimie
  • 1 month later...

Had my Garmin updated with end of year service but they were unable to reproduce the wedge display bouncing around or highlighting two positions simultaneously.  We are done riding for the season here in MN but has anyone had an update done that fixed this?

18 hours ago, vanamp said:

Had my Garmin updated with end of year service but they were unable to reproduce the wedge display bouncing around or highlighting two positions simultaneously.  We are done riding for the season here in MN but has anyone had an update done that fixed this?

The update I had done in August did not fix it. My boat is at the dealer for warranty work over winter and in the spring I will be asking them to re-flash it with the latest updates. Hopefully by then it's fixed.

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2022 at 7:07 PM, rennis said:

Welp, summer is over.  Sleep well my love 

B07E473D-B4C6-4830-8B28-7B3B5AB51BAB.jpeg

@rennis I live up in Lake Stevens. You on LS with that boat? It looks familiar. I have a T220 as well. I have a question for you. I was not able to fit my boat into my garage but I have a 7ft garage door. Wondering if you found a way to collapse the plates further that hold up your tower. That is the show stopper for me.

FYI... my T220 is white with blue. Hope to see you on LS this year. Eager to get out there.

1 hour ago, graywalds said:

@rennis I live up in Lake Stevens. You on LS with that boat? It looks familiar. I have a T220 as well. I have a question for you. I was not able to fit my boat into my garage but I have a 7ft garage door. Wondering if you found a way to collapse the plates further that hold up your tower. That is the show stopper for me.

FYI... my T220 is white with blue. Hope to see you on LS this year. Eager to get out there.

There are two tricks to getting it into a standard garage door:

1) you can't have board racks on the lower mounts

2) you have to remove the two large knobs in the tower base to get it to collapse fully

With that can squeeze it (just barely) into a standard garage door

We have not been out on LS with it but are frequently on Lk. WA, Sammamish, Entiat, and Banks

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a link to the process of de-winterizing the M4 Malibu Monsoon engines? I live about 1.5 hours from my dealer and I think there are only 4 drain ports but want to ensure I am doing this correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
NorCalSurfer
On 6/30/2022 at 4:02 PM, rennis said:

Like a glove! 

13054445-1B99-4665-BB22-E9363D4093A4.jpeg

7D5FDB10-52FB-4253-AE4E-E517011C02C9.jpeg

I bought this for my LX 21 off your recommendation and it fit like a glove also. I’ve been looking everywhere for the perfect fit. Thanks!

23 hours ago, NorCalSurfer said:

I bought this for my LX 21 off your recommendation and it fit like a glove also. I’ve been looking everywhere for the perfect fit. Thanks!

Awesome!  As a bonus it's a pretty great little cooler too!

• 1 month later...

Thought I would share my info on the T220. 

15.5in Prop

Added a Charger and Blue Sea Battery kit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RZNP5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0821X14TM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Using a dual plug so I can use the other side for my heater in the winter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083NLXVGN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I put it up front

IMG_2676.jpg.0e3842be893f12ef9c07b3cb0b290a37.jpg

I wanted the plug on the Drivers side so I opened the drivers front area. (((To do this you have 2 screws under the seat then just pull up)))

IMG_2681.jpg.a86b8d23a979e49ef945e5a9f880d71c.jpg

Really had to Fabricate the switch spot going to look for a door but this does work just fine. 

IMG_2679.jpg.f541a2f3b9d16aa198906aaf97ce27d4.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg.a6db47d32538923528892c96efbf19b7.jpg