Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

(UPDATE) Has anyone put an order in for a 2022 2500 or 3500 Duramax?

dwc032

I drove a standard bed for years and was not looking forward to a long bed when I moved to a DRW in '19 when we went from a TT to a fiver.  It turns out I like everything about the long bed better except the turning radius sucks.   How much that one things sucks depends largely on how you use the truck.  But I won't go back to a standard bed after getting used to the turning radius and seeing how useful that 8' bed is day in and day out.  

• Like 2
19 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

I drove a standard bed for years and was not looking forward to a long bed when I moved to a DRW in '19 when we went from a TT to a fiver.  It turns out I like everything about the long bed better except the turning radius sucks.   How much that one things sucks depends largely on how you use the truck.  But I won't go back to a standard bed after getting used to the turning radius and seeing how useful that 8' bed is day in and day out.  

With the crappy turning radius of a long bed. Do yourself a favor and learn to back into parking spots. That solves the problem with tight parking lots. Unless you have a dually 😂😂

I made my daughter learn how to drive in my Ram 3500 long bed crew cab. Including, how to back into parking spots. She thinks me for that all the time 😂😂

With the 8 foot bed I can drop the big Honda geny in front of the fifth-wheel hitch and never have to move it the whole trip and still have room for some firewood in the bed along with other crap.  Can't do that with a 6.5" bed.  

IMG_4614.jpeg

• Like 2
9 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

With the 8 foot bed I can drop the big Honda geny in front of the fifth-wheel hitch and never have to move it the whole trip and still have room for some firewood in the bed along with other crap.  Can't do that with a 6.5" bed.  

IMG_4614.jpeg

Is that the worlds heaviest portable generator? 

4 hours ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Is that the worlds heaviest portable generator? 

It is about 275 pounds.  It rolls easy and two can lift it in the truck or roll it up a ramp, but it is easier to just drop it with the track loader when its just me.    

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

It is about 275 pounds.  It rolls easy and two can lift it in the truck or roll it up a ramp, but it is easier to just drop it with the track loader when its just me.    

Just giving you grief. I do the same, and use my bobcat for everything I can.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Sharp truck! How are the toyo Mt's in the snow? Can't beat the aggressive look but took the safe route and got the new at3s. 

Thank you!  They work great, I always sipe them which makes them even better in the snow. I have ran the Toyo MT on all my trucks for the last 20 years.  Ive never put any other tire on my trucks.  My wife runs the AT3s on her Escalade, they are also very good in the snow.

Edited by dwc032
  • 2 months later...
On 4/28/2022 at 8:54 AM, UWSkier said:

You guys with the new DMaxes subject to the stop sale/recall?  Major bummer to have that going on when supply is already so limited.

I heard from my dealer about the Duramaxs hydro locking.  They have seen one 22 hydro lock and I’ve only got 2000 miles on mine its been fine so far. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, mofaster said:

20220312_172524.jpg

Awesome bro!!!  

On a side note got a recall on my truck for the motor possibly hydro locking. GM wants it back to replace the motor. I was like the truck runs fine. Then GM tells me it could take months due to a parts shortages, but they still want my truck. I was like no, when/if it hydrolocks they can have it back.