Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Break In Period

tylerp27

1 hour ago, tylerp27 said:

Funny to see so several people from so close to home on a large forum like this - we are on Hollywood Hill in Woodinville.

Then you are about a mile from me:).  We are in the part of English Hill that is above (and East of) Hollywood hill.  You can bike/walk through the connecting road between the two , but it's blocked to traffic.  We searched for years for a home in The Farm, but ended up finding one not too far away (I think my wife liked the idea of walking down the hill to the wineries!) 

1 hour ago, tylerp27 said:

Nice boat - like the colors!

Thanks for all the advise! We are staying in the Wapato area near Manson so that is great to hear they have a shop for any emergent needs.

Perfect... stay up there and only go to town for gas (but there is Kelly's on the other side of the lake from Manson as well.. but only one pump so there can be a line.)

18 hours ago, gregtay said:

Have fun. We just got back from 9 days at Chelan on Sunday, had a wonderful time.  Wood in the lake isn't too bad this year.  Smoke from the Oregan fires started to get thick the last day we were there (couldn't see across the lake.)  But... the lake is warmer this year than it has been in the past (still cold:)).  The only issue we had this year was the jetskiers were TERRIBLE this year, clearly rental people who have zero knowledge of safety or rules. We had one jump our surf wave with my 11 yo niece surfing, they were about 15 feet from her.  Thankfully they fell off and we doubled back and I had nice long chat (yelling the entire time.)  My advice is keep your watersports up in Mill Bay, don't do anything down by town or in front of the Lookout. Just not fun.  The stations on the lake don't have 92 octane, but that is okay, you will be fine.  If you are staying up by Manson (and launching at Mill Bay) you can stop by the new gas station (across from the Mill bay launch )before you launch... they have 92 non-ethanol :)... so at least you start off with a nice tank of fuel. :)  

Also... there is a marine shop up in Manson if you need anything.

Edit to add that @Chappy might be over at Chelan when you are there, I know he is normally at his place at the Lookout this time of year.  If he is there, I am sure he can help you out if you need any help with the new boat or have questions about the lake.

GH010419_1627506576599.thumb.JPG.74de83758af852610063d68b6e3bc623.JPG

20210725_173915.thumb.jpg.0ed56ead0d6398a854de3dd1359cd3ce.jpg

20210729_154248.thumb.jpg.6dbef014bcff38f214f2801c70ddcf91.jpg

20210730_204602.thumb.jpg.f213ce3f6ef3ebf3698880fcc93da9c1.jpg

I am in Chelan until the 9th. Hit me up if you need any help or have any questions!  Congrats on the new boat!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 8:31 AM, Chappy said:

I am in Chelan until the 9th. Hit me up if you need any help or have any questions!  Congrats on the new boat!

Do you happen to know of anyone in Eastern WA with a spare prop that would fit a 23 LSV? 

On 8/21/2021 at 10:16 PM, tylerp27 said:

Do you happen to know of anyone in Eastern WA with a spare prop that would fit a 23 LSV? 

Sorry, just saw this. Only option would be Travelland RV in Kennewick.  Hit some of the dreaded Chelan wood huh?  I always have a spare prop and pull kit whenever I am in Chelan!

12 hours ago, Chappy said:

Sorry, just saw this. Only option would be Travelland RV in Kennewick.  Hit some of the dreaded Chelan wood huh?  I always have a spare prop and pull kit whenever I am in Chelan!

Thanks, good lesson for the future. I have a prop coming the day we get home and hopefully this one is repairable.