Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

340 etx /cat or LCR 320 07 vtx.

Bawshogg

Vinrlx quoted the magazine article on page one of this thread. The other data is from Indmar, I'd take the manufacturer data with a grain of salt.

I ordered the Monsoon over the LCR on my VTX because of the other benefits of the motor, namely the closed loop fuel management system & better fuel mileage. My old 335 Monsoon was a stinker when started cold or hot as it seemed to flood at an idle at startup. Maybe this is not common but the new Monsoon should run much leaner and cleaner at low rpm basis the magazine article

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VinRLX

• 88Skier

• Bawshogg

• skicrave

Propped 4850 rpm – Peak Speed .02 mph FASTER

Acceleration:

0-20 mph: .45 seconds, 6.47 feet FASTER

0-30 mph: .35 seconds, 3.13 feet FASTER

0-200 feet: .28 seconds FASTER

Propped 5250 rpm – Peak Speed 1.29 mph FASTER

Acceleration:

0-20 mph: .41 seconds, 7.08 feet FASTER

0-30 mph: .82 seconds, 22.8 feet FASTER

0-200 feet: .37 seconds FASTER

I wonder how much difference there will be based on which boat and drive? The Boating Mag article had the MC going .3 slower to 30 MPH and .1 faster at WOT.

At any rate, improved fuel economy is nothing to sneeze at, not to mention the reduction in harmful emissions. Bottom line is that Indmar is leading the way here because eventually this type of thing will be on all boats.

Propped 4850 rpm – Peak Speed .02 mph FASTER

Acceleration:

0-20 mph: .45 seconds, 6.47 feet FASTER

0-30 mph: .35 seconds, 3.13 feet FASTER

0-200 feet: .28 seconds FASTER

Propped 5250 rpm – Peak Speed 1.29 mph FASTER

Acceleration:

0-20 mph: .41 seconds, 7.08 feet FASTER

0-30 mph: .82 seconds, 22.8 feet FASTER

0-200 feet: .37 seconds FASTER

I wonder how much difference there will be based on which boat and drive? The Boating Mag article had the MC going .3 slower to 30 MPH and .1 faster at WOT.

At any rate, improved fuel economy is nothing to sneeze at, not to mention the reduction in harmful emissions. Bottom line is that Indmar is leading the way here because eventually this type of thing will be on all boats.

I think you're right. Good thing I'm 10-15 years between purchases. I need time to get used to the new technology. I'm still not conviced efi is the great improvement everyone says it is. Shocking.gif

• 3 weeks later...