Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

replacing blower motor on 2000 Malibu Sportster

The blower motor on my Sportster started making awful noises.   I removed the black grille at the rear transom and was able to remove the motor.   It is a 12 volt, 165 CFM ITC Marine Model 70333.   It is about 8 1/2"  long has 3" inlet/outlet and has an adapter on the end that attaches to the box to increase the diameter to about 3 1/4".    The major diameter is about 4" and the mounting lugs have been sawed off.  

I doubt this would have been the original setup.   Does anyone know what the original motor would have been or the replacement motor?     Apparently, the 3" ITC 70333 motor is not being made any more, does anyone know a suitable replacement?   The diameter can't be greater than 4" since that is a tight squeeze through the opening.

Larry