Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 Changes???

SortaSurfs

I've been talking with the dealer now. It will be hard to part with the 13 lsv with all it's custom work done to it. But if the dealer want's to offer us enough she gone! 

Looks like they are getting close to making the new models public. I am hoping to get to play around with the builder online a bit more. I want to see the new colors and engine options. Anyone know the prop size and transmission ratio on the T220? My boat partner and I went and priced out a 250 and were set on that... until we realized our lift and slip aren't large enough to accommodate. Wish they did the T250 and a T230 first... I want that extra room in the back!

Sorry I found this topic a bit late.  The release of the new T220 lead me here.  We have a build slot set for a T230 this winter and will be doing a demo tomorrow night.  I’ll be sure to grab some pictures and give my analysis.  A lot of this is great information and confirms much of what I was thinking in regards to the M6 motor and redundant switch’s.  

10 hours ago, UWHaku said:

Sorry I found this topic a bit late.  The release of the new T220 lead me here.  We have a build slot set for a T230 this winter and will be doing a demo tomorrow night.  I’ll be sure to grab some pictures and give my analysis.  A lot of this is great information and confirms much of what I was thinking in regards to the M6 motor and redundant switch’s.  

T230? Interesting...

13 hours ago, UWHaku said:

Is this for real?! I am about to order and will hold off for a T230 if this is something I can order this year. 

Sorry for the confusion.  We currently have a build slot set for the 23' model Axis and will be doing a demo tonight.  I'm not sure if it is a T23 or T230 I will be able to give updates later.  My understanding is that the dash electronics will be consistent throughout the entire lineup of Axis boats this year.  I will hope to have pictures and an update later.  Our salesman made the comment we might be the first family in US to demo the new 2022 23' model, not sure how accurate that is should still be really cool.

54 minutes ago, UWHaku said:

Sorry for the confusion.  We currently have a build slot set for the 23' model Axis and will be doing a demo tonight.  I'm not sure if it is a T23 or T230 I will be able to give updates later.  My understanding is that the dash electronics will be consistent throughout the entire lineup of Axis boats this year.  I will hope to have pictures and an update later.  Our salesman made the comment we might be the first family in US to demo the new 2022 23' model, not sure how accurate that is should still be really cool.

That's pretty sweet. From the T220 walkthrough they do mention the new dash is available across the line up.  But if this is in fact a 23 foot version of the T220, I'd be very interested!

My bet would be that it is the 2022 model of the T 23. It’s my understanding the new models are the T220 and the T250 and yes all the Axis models will have the updated interior that we have seen pictures of

• Like 2

It’s annoying they don’t offer the same sliding rear seat you can get in the Malibu. But that T220 looks quite nice. Well except the huge Bimini. 

4 minutes ago, yotaisgame said:

It’s annoying they don’t offer the same sliding rear seat you can get in the Malibu. But that T220 looks quite nice. Well except the huge Bimini. 

If they offered the same options as a Malibu, well then........you'd just have a Malibu.  

• Like 3

Just got back from our demo and I'm sorry that I misspoke earlier but the 2022 model is still the T23.  There were some nice upgrades but I cannot say there were significant changes from the previous years model.  The biggest change is obviously the tough panel screen which operates interchangeably with a cluster of analog switches.  I personally love the combination.  The boat we trialed had the M5 motor, but I know we will be upgrading to the M6.  As soon as you put 6+ people in the boat and make a solid wake the smaller motor was easily pushing 4000 RPM's.  Our boat also had the extended Bimini, we have a family of 4 kids and this will also definitely be added.  I know I am new to the modern surf/wake/ski world but I was absolutely impressed by how well thought out the boat, the control, and general usability in just an hour.  If anyone has specific questions I would love to answer, I'll also try to get a few pics uploaded tomorrow.

Also had a quick chat about the T220.  They basically modified this version  of the boat to better suit smaller lakes.  They have also had so much success with the 23LSV/T23 models they didn't feel the need to immediately make drastic changes.  I'm sure this will change in the future based on the success and feedback from the T220.  Fortunately for us I believe I have enough garage space (will be confirming Saturday) and the lake we will typically boat on is 14,000 acres so the T23 is ideal for us.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, yotaisgame said:

It’s a seat….

I am not trying to be a jerk here, but to the next guy it is just a swim platform, just cupholders, just a tower, just a screen, etc. I don’t know what logic Malibu puts to each design element and what goes to Axis vs Malibu, but certainly I understand they have to draw a line somewhere to distinguish the offerings.  

You guys are too funny.

Watch out y’all the Axis police might come for you :lol:

Any idea how much the t220 is going to cost? The m220 is pretty spendy. 

I have a T220 on order right now and it's about $120K. We upgraded nearly everything so obviously it can be less. The base price was $85K, bare bones

• Like 2