Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 Changes???

SortaSurfs

9 hours ago, mk2driver said:

Extended Bimini and dash 

4CF3B7FB-B80E-4ED3-9791-1066F799BE5F.jpeg

F8C1EACF-8B43-4038-A94B-773F8F7DAEEC.jpeg

Nice - Bimini and Dash look good. Is this your boat? I'd love to understand if the Garmin includes  chartplotter/map capability so I don't have to install one.

Does this also have the sportsdash feature with redundant buttons? hard to tell

• Like 1
7 hours ago, TommyTuna said:

Nice - Bimini and Dash look good. Is this your boat? I'd love to understand if the Garmin includes  chartplotter/map capability so I don't have to install one.

Does this also have the sportsdash feature with redundant buttons? hard to tell

Just a post from Facebook malibu/axis group 

yes that one has the sport dash option (below the screen), also can tell because of the matching foam grip (brown) on the dash. if you dont get the sport dash its just black foam grip

2 hours ago, TommyTuna said:

Anybody know if the gator steps color on the sport dash is also used as deck step? In 2021 wasn’t deck step always black?

I was able to order matching soft grip on bow and sides on my t250 on order . It matches the sepia brown that I ordered. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

Congrats! Did you get the extended Bimini ?  I am curious to se some on the water photos with it open 

No we did not. We probably would have if we had more info on it at the time, but there just wasn’t anything we could see.

9 hours ago, TommyTuna said:

Congrats! More pics of exterior and interior please - my wife loves your vinyl color scheme and we are getting ready to order by end of month. 

Here are some pics of the boat I took.  We already noticed that the white is cooler than the black, and considerably cooler than the black.  It’s been 105 degree here and it didn’t take long to notice the difference. EBC8399D-2A5D-45AF-9E13-02514E6DA588.thumb.jpeg.2b0c75a0fa5ebb9e084f3a1219d24483.jpeg17E46B29-7AF9-4906-ACAC-4B0ADF7098AD.thumb.jpeg.1d799b16c3b873631feeabd0175ca2d1.jpeg91C6DE36-5CD8-4C09-8F5A-9E5CF5CB3C55.thumb.jpeg.b55e1b311c9d050fcc21c46d30a69dfa.jpeg6F84D7A8-CEDD-41D0-A967-227CBC55E167.thumb.jpeg.72c2b8e25d0183625af1e9fe6f0074d5.jpeg

7 hours ago, SortaSurfs said:

Here are some pics of the boat I took.  We already noticed that the white is cooler than the black, and considerably cooler than the black.  It’s been 105 degree here and it didn’t take long to notice the difference. EBC8399D-2A5D-45AF-9E13-02514E6DA588.thumb.jpeg.2b0c75a0fa5ebb9e084f3a1219d24483.jpeg17E46B29-7AF9-4906-ACAC-4B0ADF7098AD.thumb.jpeg.1d799b16c3b873631feeabd0175ca2d1.jpeg91C6DE36-5CD8-4C09-8F5A-9E5CF5CB3C55.thumb.jpeg.b55e1b311c9d050fcc21c46d30a69dfa.jpeg6F84D7A8-CEDD-41D0-A967-227CBC55E167.thumb.jpeg.72c2b8e25d0183625af1e9fe6f0074d5.jpeg

How is the edge of the seat in the brown to sit on in the heat? Looks really classy - my wife really likes a similar theme except we may go Zephyr Blue where u have Black gel coat 

5 hours ago, SortaSurfs said:

First trip out today. Here are my initial thoughts. 

The screen is really good. I’m very happy 
That we have it. Once I got used to the layout it was easy to find what I was looking for when I wanted something. The touch is very responsive with no perceived lag. The added buttons o from the “Sports Dash” are great.  All the surf stuff is there so you can see the light indicators on the manual buttons, like if you are filling ballast but go to a different screen you can still see the lights on the buttons to show the ballast is still filling.  There was even a neat feature while using the cruise control that showed your throttle position and had a green area that indicated where you should place the throttle for best performance. If you went above the green it turned red to show you should bring the throttle back down. We shall see how the long term reliability is, but I’m hopeful that the Garmin unit is good to go.

We are in the break in period so we didn’t surf or drive around with the bags full.  That being said, the power and throttle response from the m5 was noticeably better than our previous boat that had the Scorpion 350 with 330 hp. Again all the digital gauges on the screen was nice for managing RPM’s, speed and keeping an eye on everything.

We have to trailer to our local lakes.  The trailer pulled great, but I expected as much with my one ton truck.  Putting in and taking out were relatively easy. We only have one lake with any water left so we were lucky to get to try it out.

we didn’t have any issues with the seats getting hot. It is hot here but no direct sunlight due to tons of smoke from fires in the region.

The only thing we didn’t love was putting the Bimini up. Worked great once it was up, but Major PIA to put up. We will get better at it and it will get easier. We would strongly consider the new “double” Bimini if we were ordering again.

Great to hear Garmin functionality is quick and responsive. I have always loved Garmin stuff.  Congrats again and enjoy

On the screen when filling ballast im assuming its a simple, filling  stopped emptying no percent or amount right?

Is the stereo vol still a bit laggy when u raise or lower the vol fast?

Does anyone have a list of every option available for a 2022 t23 build? Or should I ask my dealer for that? Considering moving from a 2013 23lsv to a new T23. Not super thrilled about the new touch screen as we've had a few issues with the screens on the current boat but at least Garmin is the manufacturer. What really separates Malibu from Axis now? Seems like the 2022's have closed the gap but still remain much cheaper. 

23 hours ago, yotaisgame said:

Does anyone have a list of every option available for a 2022 t23 build? Or should I ask my dealer for that? Considering moving from a 2013 23lsv to a new T23. Not super thrilled about the new touch screen as we've had a few issues with the screens on the current boat but at least Garmin is the manufacturer. What really separates Malibu from Axis now? Seems like the 2022's have closed the gap but still remain much cheaper. 

don't worry about that just order the sport dash to get manual “backup” buttons with wireless charging and colored soft grip

23 hours ago, yotaisgame said:

Less complex gel coat options

More basic vinyl patterns inside

More basic materials all around. Plastic and basic vinyls vs billet/cnc aluminum and French seamed vinyl

More basic tower

No power seat option

No flip down swim platform option

No camera options

No rider presets

No ballast percentages

No flip back rear facing seat (it slides but the backrest doesn't flip around)

No wrap around windshield 

etc...

That doesn't take away from them being amazing boats, but the Malibu is just a step up in "luxury" and features.

4 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

Less complex gel coat options

More basic vinyl patterns inside

More basic materials all around. Plastic and basic vinyls vs billet/cnc aluminum and French seamed vinyl

More basic tower

No power seat option

No flip down swim platform option

No camera options

No rider presets

No ballast percentages

No flip back rear facing seat (it slides but the backrest doesn't flip around)

No wrap around windshield 

etc...

That doesn't take away from them being amazing boats, but the Malibu is just a step up in "luxury" and features.

Are you sure about the no back rest on the sliding seat? I thought I've read in 2022 that was an option. And on the Garmin screen does it not show how much water is in each hard tank?

Really none of the things you mentioned would bother me. Especially since in my current 13 23lsv it doesn't have half that stuff anyways and it never bothered me. Over the years we've really turned into "hardcore boaters". We don't spend much time just lounging around, we don't usually have a ton of people on the boat. We just want to get out and surf/wakeboard and head back home. I do wish Axis/Malibu would offer a walk through transom. The axis tower isnt my favorite either but I could get over that. Good sound system, good wave/wake, good power, reliable are most important. I've never relied on presets in the 13. We have two, surf & wakeboard :lol:

The addition of the surf band and power wedge is huge. Absolutely need those if upgrading. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, yotaisgame said:

Are you sure about the no back rest on the sliding seat? I thought I've read in 2022 that was an option. And on the Garmin screen does it not show how much water is in each hard tank?

Really none of the things you mentioned would bother me. Especially since in my current 13 23lsv it doesn't have half that stuff anyways and it never bothered me. Over the years we've really turned into "hardcore boaters". We don't spend much time just lounging around, we don't usually have a ton of people on the boat. We just want to get out and surf/wakeboard and head back home. I do wish Axis/Malibu would offer a walk through transom. The axis tower isnt my favorite either but I could get over that. Good sound system, good wave/wake, good power, reliable are most important. I've never relied on presets in the 13. We have two, surf & wakeboard :lol:

The addition of the surf band and power wedge is huge. Absolutely need those if upgrading. 

The back rests are stored in the rear lockers and need to be put into place once the seat is slid. It's not like the Malibu backrest which just uses a mechanism to swing around.

The Garmin screen does not show how much water is in the tank/bag. It's just an on/off switch.

The T250 has a walkthrough.

I completely agree with you, they are not necessities. PW3 was a game changer for me. I am a happy Axis owner.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, yotaisgame said:

Waiting for info from my dealer. Would like to see the price difference between a decked out T23 and a bare bones 23lsv. 

I'm guessing that will be a $30k difference. A fully loaded T23 won't exactly be cheap (probably end up being around $120k), but I'm sure the 23LSV will be around $150k to get started with modest options.

The other thing to consider between the T23 and the 23LSV, is that the 23LSV has the 2:1 transmission and 17" prop. With the M6DI (which I highly recommend), this powertrain is damn near unstoppable. Whereas the T23 is still on a 1.76:1 trans and a 15" prop. Decent difference in performance, but probably not a deal breaker to most people.

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, boardjnky4 said:

I'm guessing that will be a $30k difference. A fully loaded T23 won't exactly be cheap (probably end up being around $120k), but I'm sure the 23LSV will be around $150k to get started with modest options.

The other thing to consider between the T23 and the 23LSV, is that the 23LSV has the 2:1 transmission and 17" prop. With the M6DI (which I highly recommend), this powertrain is damn near unstoppable. Whereas the T23 is still on a 1.76:1 trans and a 15" prop. Decent difference in performance, but probably not a deal breaker to most people.

Great info. The 2013 lsv has a 1.48 transmission. Which with the little 350 is a problem. We definitely have limitations even with the most aggressive prop. The 1.76 doesnt sound too bad especially if using the GM LT 6L. Being these boats have gotten bigger over the years though is the 1.76 an issue? On our 2013 lsv we run full hard tanks, PnP 1000lbs sacks and a additional 300lbs in the bow. Two clicks max on the wedge and even then the boat will struggle sometimes with less than five people in it. 

3 hours ago, yotaisgame said:

Great info. The 2013 lsv has a 1.48 transmission. Which with the little 350 is a problem. We definitely have limitations even with the most aggressive prop. The 1.76 doesnt sound too bad especially if using the GM LT 6L. Being these boats have gotten bigger over the years though is the 1.76 an issue? On our 2013 lsv we run full hard tanks, PnP 1000lbs sacks and a additional 300lbs in the bow. Two clicks max on the wedge and even then the boat will struggle sometimes with less than five people in it. 

The boat will do well with that setup for sure. Especially give the correct prop. Just note that the 2:1/17" setup is even better lol. 

My dream boat is an A23 with the 2:1/17" setup. Axis, please build this boat!! EDIT: Well not my dream boat, but the one that I would absolutely buy if it were to be released.

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 2
On 8/17/2021 at 3:23 PM, yotaisgame said:

We don't spend much time just lounging around, we don't usually have a ton of people on the boat. We just want to get out and surf/wakeboard and head back home.

That's my style as well!  

On 8/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, boardjnky4 said:

The boat will do well with that setup for sure. Especially give the correct prop. Just note that the 2:1/17" setup is even better lol. 

My dream boat is an A23 with the 2:1/17" setup. Axis, please build this boat!! EDIT: Well not my dream boat, but the one that I would absolutely buy if it were to be released.

Could care less about top speed as well. current boat does 38mph which is plenty fast. We don't travel far on the water.