Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Gate Control Box

The male connections were definitely corroded but we were able to really clean up those connections. But like you, the female connections were a little more than what I want to take on. I did pull the strain relief off the female side but the way the crimp connections are in the cap area, I just didn't want to go any further.

At this point, I will just have to bite the bullet. Didn't really want to spend the money as we are likely trying to upgrade next year but nobody is going to want this problem down the road. I guess ultimately I already knew the answer to the question.....

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Well be glad your dealer will even look at/diagnose your system. Had the same issue on a 2014 247LSV on the 3rd of July, reset and moved right along. The 4th of July I got the warning for both surf gates. Called dealer on the 5th, they told me of the "Inventory/Vacation" Malibu took so I was patient, set up the next available lake service to come out to my boat. 3 days later I get a phone call from the parts manager, stating that I dint have to worry about anything, they had the parts ordered and would be down to the boat as soon as those showed up for the problem. Mind you, they have never even set foot on my boat to diagnose anything, quoted parts only....... 560/actuator and the control box at 975, this would solve my problem. Long story short, Lake Service manager said that controller was unobtainable and back ordered from Malibu, no known time to receive the part. I called Lenco, found out that part is available and to order through a distributor from their list, my dealer is a distributor, Malibu is a distributor.... I was finally told I should acquire elsewhere if I wanted to salvage my season, I did, from West Marine. I swear in my 50 years on the planet I have never been treated like such a dip s*** by a dealer/distributor. Fingers crossed the used boat I bought can be salvaged for the rest of the season, will be moving along after this one for sure. Still to this day, not one tech has come down to my boat to even see what the situation was except for the pictures I sent them on the 5th.

• 9 months later...

Having similar problem.  SurfGates won't do anything now - even under Service mode.

Inline fuse - good.

Actuator wires to harness - good

Relay - good

Green corrosion at Male end of terminal of Lenco Model 30504-003 ORANGE control box.  I'm sure some corrosion in female end also.  Cleaned MALE end - don't really know how to clean female end, the holes are too small.

SurfGates worked for about an hour.  Then crapped out again.  Back to doing nothing.

Actuators sounded fine when being used -  I haven't taken them off to see if water is in them.  

Thoughts?  Thanks.

Brian.