Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Slow drip from raw waterpump

VLXWakesetter

ahopkins22LSV
34 minutes ago, Badger said:

Since it will be my first time, it should take me about two weeks???
1 week to order and receive the new seal.  4 hours to bust the old pump while trying to remove it.  An hour of cussing and texting @ahopkinsVTXfor sending me this link, and then another week to get the new pump delivered and installed.  

C3AFAE47-E7EF-47BE-B715-7FAA7C4EA5C5.png

Hey I assumed when you texted me the video you wanted a solution :dontknow: 

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Since it will be my first time, it should take me about two weeks???
1 week to order and receive the new seal.  4 hours to bust the old pump while trying to remove it.  An hour of cussing and texting @ahopkinsVTXfor sending me this link, and then another week to get the new pump delivered and installed.  

C3AFAE47-E7EF-47BE-B715-7FAA7C4EA5C5.png

If you don't feel like messing with it, I'll ship you one I rebuilt last year if you send me yours. Shipping on the seals was free if I bought a ten pack so I have extra. 

10 hours ago, UWSkier said:

If you don't feel like messing with it, I'll ship you one I rebuilt last year if you send me yours. Shipping on the seals was free if I bought a ten pack so I have extra. 

Thank you very much for making this offer.  I really appreciate it. 

I took the pump out of the boat earlier today but ran out of time to see about pushing the seal out.  Let me see what happens in the morning.

10 hours ago, UWSkier said:

I have one that needs to be rebuilt. What if I paid for shipping both ways and $75 for parts and beer?

3 minutes ago, Bozboat said:

I have one that needs to be rebuilt. What if I paid for shipping both ways and $75 for parts and beer?

Not to horn in, but is that with bearings, or just seals?  For just seals, I'd do it for less....  And if you bring it here personally, you can do it yourself and get a free pull.

As I said, this will turn into a 2 week repair.  When pulling off the raw water hose, my Perko flush pro cracked and broke in half.  I would have never used it anyways and will just replace the raw water hose with new.  Rather than starting a new thread, I'm just asking it here:  I can't find a definite answer as to whether this a pre-formed hose or straight hose.  It needs to do a 90 degree bend over about a 18"-24".  

23 minutes ago, justgary said:

Not to horn in, but is that with bearings, or just seals?  For just seals, I'd do it for less....  And if you bring it here personally, you can do it yourself and get a free pull.

Ok, I will save it for my trip down

43 minutes ago, Badger said:

As I said, this will turn into a 2 week repair.  When pulling off the raw water hose, my Perko flush pro cracked and broke in half.  I would have never used it anyways and will just replace the raw water hose with new.  Rather than starting a new thread, I'm just asking it here:  I can't find a definite answer as to whether this a pre-formed hose or straight hose.  It needs to do a 90 degree bend over about a 18"-24".  

Should be straight hose. 

52 minutes ago, justgary said:

No bearings. Just seal replacement.