Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Production Issues

zhuskers1

On 4/26/2021 at 8:17 PM, zhuskers1 said:

Update - I ordered my boat on 11/13/20 with an initial expectation of a late April early May delivery.   In Early April I was told my spray date was 5/12/21.  In Mid April my spray date was moved to 5/24.  I heard from my dealer today and the 5/24 date is still holding.  Hopefully this is a sign of improvement..........

Stay date of 5/26 confirmed.  I hope it holds.

• Like 3
On 4/26/2021 at 11:07 PM, Maxiect90 said:

May 26 spray date 😬🙏

If both mine and yours hold, they will be back to back. :)

• Like 2
8 hours ago, geogilbert said:

If both mine and yours hold, they will be back to back. :)

Small world!!  Let’s pray they hold.  What color is yours?

1 hour ago, qbeam said:

Boat(M240)went into spray on the 6th of May, it arrived at the dealer the 27th. I'm in Idaho btw.

M240

I think you mean April.  Or I need some of what you're having.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I talked to my dealer this morning and asked what he was seeing with boat builds and delays. I asked if it was getting better, same, or worse. Unfortunately, his experience was that things were getting worse. He had an M240 order that was placed a few weeks after mine, so probably first of December. He told me that it would be a model 2022 year and might be delivered in August but more likely September.  I am incredibly lucky that I was able to get my boat, going to pick it up today. I hope that all of you are able to get your boats when promised. 

Our 23 LSV build date was supposedly April 12 (ordered in September). Right up until the week before the dealer kept saying not to worry about our boat, he was only worried about all the orders after ours.

Have not gotten a response from the dealer since then (3 weeks). Maybe it was built, maybe it was swapped for someone else, maybe its in transit, maybe it was delayed, maybe its slipped to 2022. I have no idea anymore. Resigning myself to start planning trips to the beach instead of out on the boat this summer.

If I get good news in the next week I will post how excited we are. But I'm not holding my breath at this point.

I ordered in October and was given a spray date of 4/9. It got pushed back to 4/19 in April. I haven't heard anything about whether or not it went into production or got pushed again, but I'm hoping it's right around the corner! It seems like there is a good opportunity a lot of us will be late to boating season this year.

641418097_GoreSolidBlackInteriorRear.thumb.png.75df3a6e4807dd9e0386d03cf38d34ac.png

• Like 3

Update: I was supposed to spray 5/10.  Saw my dealer yesterday and he was unable to provide me an update other than they are seeing the production dates slipping by a week or two.  Guess that puts me around May 20th.  I'll update as it gets closer and we know.  Ordered Oct 22.  25 LSV.

Our dealer in Nebraska (yes there are lakes in Nebraska) has been great to work with through these unusual circumstances.  

We were hoping to have a delivery of our 23 LSV before Memorial Day and that did not happen.  With a spray date of 5/26 - hopefully we will make the 4th of July.  

Malibu announces corporate earnings tomorrow morning, I wonder how much of the demand/production issues they will disclose.  

Edited by zhuskers1
  • Like 3

Wonder if all the private truckers that are parking their rigs and trucking companies that can’t find drivers due to roughly 30 to 34% percent of nations work force is being paid by the government for the first time in history is going to effect the plants getting what they need?? 

I have a friend that ordered a new mastercraft, and a buddy that ordered a new Centurion same time as me. Both their boats are in.

On 4/30/2021 at 4:14 PM, jhillard said:

Our 23 LSV build date was supposedly April 12 (ordered in September). Right up until the week before the dealer kept saying not to worry about our boat, he was only worried about all the orders after ours.

Have not gotten a response from the dealer since then (3 weeks). Maybe it was built, maybe it was swapped for someone else, maybe its in transit, maybe it was delayed, maybe its slipped to 2022. I have no idea anymore. Resigning myself to start planning trips to the beach instead of out on the boat this summer.

If I get good news in the next week I will post how excited we are. But I'm not holding my breath at this point.

Same boat, same build date, same situation. Extremely frustrating! Only response I get is “I haven’t heard anything”...cool

After 3 years of searching for some warehouse space to purchase I gave up and bought some land to build on. I ordered a 40x80 steel building on Monday and the best delivery date I could get is 6 months out.

6 minutes ago, windy1 said:

After 3 years of searching for some warehouse space to purchase I gave up and bought some land to build on. I ordered a 40x80 steel building on Monday and the best delivery date I could get is 6 months out.

That's not bad.  I'm surprised it's not 9 months.  

Anyone with spray dates around April 19th getting their boats (originally April 9th but pushed)? I ordered in October of 2020.

I followed up with my dealer on may 4th and he hadn't gotten any updates. Today is May 10th and nothing yet.

Edited by gorenation
31 minutes ago, gorenation said:

Anyone with spray dates around April 19th getting their boats (originally April 9th but pushed)? I ordered in October of 2020.

I followed up with my dealer on may 4th and he hadn't gotten any updates. Today is May 10th and nothing yet.

I had an original spray date around the same time as yours that was pushed to June. Then Malibu changed their production notice to week of notification for orders without a May confirmed spray date. 

*We ordered a 23LSV. 

4 hours ago, gorenation said:

Our 23 lsv was supposed to spray April 12. Talked with my dealer Saturday, he said that Malibu doesn’t even update their “portal” anymore for him to be able to get updates on builds. He said his Malibu rep will basically call him when they have a few boats completed and ready to ship, and that’s all the update he gets. You would think there’s a way to get a concrete answer as to what is going on but it seems right now there is not. It’s a very frustrating situation spending a ton of money and basically being in the dark regarding the whole process. I am trying to be understanding and not take it out on my salesman but my patience is getting really thin with this process.

Edited by ikmiller