Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Production Issues

zhuskers1

4 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

They see everything that is sent in from the dealers as well as what is posted here.

You would be surprised at the places they watch.

Not to derail further, but they had rather see it and not everyone on the larger public exposure areas.  All I will say is after some pics hit the highest at Malibu’s personal inbox, it wasn’t an hour before my dealer and Malibu’s customer service called me in a whole different tone back in 2017.  JS  

and IMO the QC should absolutely be part of production issues.  If not then there in lies the problem. 

demand is high, but higher volumes cant possibly be met. many pontoon and boat companies are reaching near sold out for next year (assuming) they can get parts. Problem is unit qtys are likely to drop with all the shortages so prices are going to rise faster than people think. Boat Lifts have been averaging +$500-1,000 each few weeks (just in material) depending on the lift you can only imagine a tri-toon price increase with the way aluminum is going. how about Fiberglass? i just received noticed all FG is going up +10% next month and estimated another hike in a few months. its getting out of control!

one concern at dealerships is empty showrooms this winter. many boat mfgs will no longer sell a dealer a stock build they must have a PA or Sold To person on the order. several dealers i know of are already working deals with regular upgraders to allow them to use the boat in show rooms this winter. 

some cheap pallet racks have basically doubled in price in less than a year. I'm so glad inflation is only 4%! 

image.thumb.png.714f2526a6a075fc661d76cae1187244.png

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

demand is high, but higher volumes cant possibly be met. many pontoon and boat companies are reaching near sold out for next year (assuming) they can get parts. Problem is unit qtys are likely to drop with all the shortages so prices are going to rise faster than people think. Boat Lifts have been averaging +$500-1,000 each few weeks (just in material) depending on the lift you can only imagine a tri-toon price increase with the way aluminum is going. how about Fiberglass? i just received noticed all FG is going up +10% next month and estimated another hike in a few months. its getting out of control!

one concern at dealerships is empty showrooms this winter. many boat mfgs will no longer sell a dealer a stock build they must have a PA or Sold To person on the order. several dealers i know of are already working deals with regular upgraders to allow them to use the boat in show rooms this winter. 

some cheap pallet racks have basically doubled in price in less than a year. I'm so glad inflation is only 4%! 

image.thumb.png.714f2526a6a075fc661d76cae1187244.png

4x the lead time too

Just talked to my dealer. He said our boat should “hopefully be done by the end of the week.” So I’m guessing one of two things happened. Either it didn’t start May 17th as he said it did or there was a delay during the build process that he failed to inform me of. So it looks like we won’t have it for our trip. Hope it doesn’t get delayed anymore and get caught up in the shutdown! Now to search for a rental boat for our trip.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ikmiller said:

Got word last night that our boat will be at the dealer Monday, take delivery by Wednesday so we can leave Thursday morning. Not thrilled about having to do the break in while on our trip but it’s better than not having a boat at all. We have small kids so mostly cruising from cove to cove and playing on the Lilly pad. Should be fairly easy to properly break in.

Glad you got your boat , or getting it . Like everyone says, post pics. I’m waiting as my spray date is supposedly the 17th. Have fun! 

3 hours ago, ikmiller said:

Got word last night that our boat will be at the dealer Monday, take delivery by Wednesday so we can leave Thursday morning. Not thrilled about having to do the break in while on our trip but it’s better than not having a boat at all. We have small kids so mostly cruising from cove to cove and playing on the Lilly pad. Should be fairly easy to properly break in.

Maybe the dealer can get some of the break in done for you and make sure there are no major issues. Would suck to get to where you are going and have a major issue. 

Edited by Dsalyers
  • Like 2

Glad to hear these boats are making it out. 

Also pleased they will all be in perfect condition now that @Slayer has gotten the QC issues cleared up in the factory :biggrin:

• Like 2
19 hours ago, oldjeep said:

I don't think any of you would want to own an engine that I bought new.  Break in is to run it like you stole it.

Break it in like you are going to run the thing. Just don't hold it WFO. and don't hold one RPM too long.

Lets face it. Dealers will use a brand new boat with 0.5 hour for a demo boat.

This is my first post, so please forgive me if there is some introduction thread I'm supposed to use prior too posting.  

I ordered a 23MXZ on Feb. 12, got a spray date of May 12,  My dealer confirmed that it was sprayed that date.  last week he reached out and said they were out of the switchblade wheels so I had do pick a 2nd choice....Told him to get whatever put the boat on the road.  He then reached out Thursday telling me that Malibu had the boat scheduled for p/u in Loudon Friday the 11th. 

I'm hoping above all hope that its makes the dealer today, and can take delivery tomorrow, get my ten hours in, fluid change and leave for the Ozarks on Thursday at some point......been planning this trip for a while, and we sold our old boat because the dealer kept telling me that it would be 2 weeks from spray....Then we sold it, then he said 1st/2nd week of June, now I'm at 5 weeks....Just want the damn boat, lol.

I understand I'm in a lot better shape than a lot of guys here, just trying to throw out another example.  

Has anybody ever heard of a dealer doing a 10 hour fluid change that wasn't the dealer the boat was bought at?  

1 hour ago, FX41 said:

This is my first post, so please forgive me if there is some introduction thread I'm supposed to use prior too posting.  

I ordered a 23MXZ on Feb. 12, got a spray date of May 12,  My dealer confirmed that it was sprayed that date.  last week he reached out and said they were out of the switchblade wheels so I had do pick a 2nd choice....Told him to get whatever put the boat on the road.  He then reached out Thursday telling me that Malibu had the boat scheduled for p/u in Loudon Friday the 11th. 

I'm hoping above all hope that its makes the dealer today, and can take delivery tomorrow, get my ten hours in, fluid change and leave for the Ozarks on Thursday at some point......been planning this trip for a while, and we sold our old boat because the dealer kept telling me that it would be 2 weeks from spray....Then we sold it, then he said 1st/2nd week of June, now I'm at 5 weeks....Just want the damn boat, lol.

I understand I'm in a lot better shape than a lot of guys here, just trying to throw out another example.  

Has anybody ever heard of a dealer doing a 10 hour fluid change that wasn't the dealer the boat was bought at?  

Glad you are getting your new boat , and yes lots are still waiting😔. I imagine any dealer CAN do the service, it's more like do they have time in place of other customers that did buy from them. Post some pics for those of us waiting. Have fun 

Edited by Livinlogs

The manual states the break in (10 hr) service has to be done by a Malibu dealer.

There are some specific things they look for during the service to make sure everything is good with the engine.

Better to catch something before it becomes a serious issue.

Edited by 23LSVOwner

For those waiting , my dealer just received boats this morning that had spray dates of 6/4 and 6/7. And we are 2000 miles away. Not my boat, of course, but that's quick. So good news for waiting patiently😀

Maybe they sprayed early 

So I heard this morning that my boat was coming off the truck today....trying to close tomorrow night or Wed morning.   Ozark trip seems to be salvageable. 

Edited by FX41
5 hours ago, FX41 said:

Consider yourself SUPER lucky to order as late as you did and receive it as early as you are scheduled to. 

I ordered a 23LSV, but was also seriously considering the 23MXZ. Kind of wish I went that direction because it seems like everyone who’s been delayed the longest has an LSV on order. 

The number of MXZ’s I’ve seen on dealer IG’s celebrating owner delivery is exponentially greater than any other model. 

17 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

Consider yourself SUPER lucky to order as late as you did and receive it as early as you are scheduled to. 

I ordered a 23LSV, but was also seriously considering the 23MXZ. Kind of wish I went that direction because it seems like everyone who’s been delayed the longest has an LSV on order. 

The number of MXZ’s I’ve seen on dealer IG’s celebrating owner delivery is exponentially greater than any other model. 

I've heard a lot depends on model choice.....don't tell my wife, but I was pushing for the 23 LSV and she would not give up the pickle fork bow.....so its probably on her that we'll get the boat when we are...

Also, that means that Tommy's Colorado got boats today.  Have no idea how many, but Id say at least 3, which one of, is mine.  so maybe two more lucky guys out there....

Edited by FX41
7 hours ago, Livinlogs said:

For those waiting , my dealer just received boats this morning that had spray dates of 6/4 and 6/7. And we are 2000 miles away. Not my boat, of course, but that's quick. So good news for waiting patiently😀

Maybe they sprayed early 

Love some good news…my boat was supposed to be sprayed on  6/7… my dealer said May be here by the weekend… although he did say there is a slim chance… but hey I got that going for me lol

6 hours ago, FX41 said:

I've heard a lot depends on model choice.....don't tell my wife, but I was pushing for the 23 LSV and she would not give up the pickle fork bow.....so its probably on her that we'll get the boat when we are...

I would give her all the kudos and “Thank yous” you can and take advantage of the celebration!!   But what do I know?  I have only been with my wife for 35 years as of 06-12-21😂😂. Married for 28 of those.😎😎

• Like 3
On 4/6/2021 at 8:00 AM, IXFE said:

I think I can speak for all Bronco reservation holders when I say, our experience with Ford has not been like you describe. 

Your patient waiting may soon be over.  It looks like Broncos are actually starting to ship.  I'm sure you already knew this though, since you got your personalized letter from Ford about it....

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/ford-begins-shipping-bronco-suvs-for-consumers-.html

21 hours ago, FX41 said:

So I heard this morning that my boat was coming off the truck today....trying to close tomorrow night or Wed morning.   Ozark trip seems to be salvageable. 

Which lake in the ozark?