Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Production Issues

zhuskers1

43 minutes ago, Slayer said:

If your boat started production on May 17, it should be complete and awaiting shipping at this point.  

Agreed. Hope it arrives soon so we can have the 10 hour done before our trip. Our dealer says boats don’t usually “sit at the factory once complete” so it’s either waiting for parts, or hasn’t been started. Who knows. 

ahopkins22LSV
4 minutes ago, ikmiller said:

Agreed. Hope it arrives soon so we can have the 10 hour done before our trip. Our dealer says boats don’t usually “sit at the factory once complete” so it’s either waiting for parts, or hasn’t been started. Who knows. 

Your dealer should absolutely be able to confirm hull ID and the status though. 

36 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Your dealer should absolutely be able to confirm hull ID and the status though. 

Agreed. They don’t seem to one to ask their rep for anything, rather just wait for their rep to tell them what’s going on and go from there. 

25 minutes ago, ikmiller said:

Agreed. They don’t seem to one to ask their rep for anything, rather just wait for their rep to tell them what’s going on and go from there. 

@ahopkinsVTXis right.  What your dealer said is not 100% accurate though.  Boats don’t sit long after production but they do try to maximize shipping and take more than one boat at a time.  Mine sat at the factory for nearly 2 weeks before being delivered to the dealer.

On 6/3/2021 at 6:11 PM, Slayer said:

@ahopkinsVTXis right.  What your dealer said is not 100% accurate though.  Boats don’t sit long after production but they do try to maximize shipping and take more than one boat at a time.  Mine sat at the factory for nearly 2 weeks before being delivered to the dealer.

I understand they need to be efficient with shipping which is why I offered to go get it from the factory. It was my way of subtly pushing him a little bit without being a jerk but it clearly didn’t work, haha. He has given me a Hull ID, Trailer VIN and engine serial number but still no delivery so who knows when it gets here.

11 hours ago, ikmiller said:

I understand they need to be efficient with shipping which is why I offered to go get it from the factory. It was my way of subtly pushing him a little bit without being a jerk but it clearly didn’t work, haha. He has given me a Hull ID, Trailer VIN and engine serial number but still no delivery so who knows when it gets here.

Then you have to close the loan before delivery unless you're paying cash, perform the dealer prep yourself, and if you have a problem, who's liable?  You or the dealer?  Remember, you bought the boat from the dealer, not from Malibu.

• Like 2

How long does it take to produce a 23 LSV?   Will the dealer be notified of when it ships?  

Our boat was sprayed on 6/2/21

Thanks in advance

• Like 2
1 hour ago, zhuskers1 said:

How long does it take to produce a 23 LSV?   Will the dealer be notified of when it ships?  

Thanks in advance

5-6 days I believe. May be sitting at the holding lot waiting for transport, or hopefully on the way to your dealer(probably not). Didn’t realize it was only the 8th😂

Edited by Dsalyers
On 6/3/2021 at 4:01 PM, ikmiller said:

Doesn’t take about 9 days to build the boat? … if so it’s still in production.. I may be wrong and hope it doesn’t take that long… was informed that my boat was supposed to start production yesterday 🤞

3 hours ago, Slayer said:

Then you have to close the loan before delivery unless you're paying cash, perform the dealer prep yourself, and if you have a problem, who's liable?  You or the dealer?  Remember, you bought the boat from the dealer, not from Malibu.

Not ot mention the liability of an accident while be transported. If something were to happen it's on who transported it.

For those of us still patiently waiting, Malibu is shutting down the factory for inventory the entire week of 7/5 👎🏼

Missed Memorial Day. 

Missed July 4th. 

We’re also going to miss a week that our extended family planned a vacation to see us (but let’s be real, to have fun on the boat).

I’m trying to be calm, cool, and collected, but at this stage I’m seriously debating moving on from the deal. 

The way I see it…I’ve waited 9+ months, what’s another 6 months or so for a ‘22 model year ‘Bu or perhaps a G23. 

Seeing all the issues @Slayerhas with his, plus the never ending delay, maybe it’s a sign…

Edited by Trizzil
9 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

For those of us still patiently waiting, Malibu is shutting down the factory for inventory the entire week of 7/5 👎🏼

Perhaps that's an opportunity for them to evaluate quality standards.  As much as it sucks that those of you waiting on your boat, I would rather not have one than have one that sits at the dealer for weeks at a time troubleshooting poor quality issues.    

Just a thought........

Edited by Slayer
3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Perhaps that's an opportunity for them to evaluate quality standards.  As much as it sucks that those of you waiting on your, I would rather not have one than have one that sits at the dealer for weeks at a time troubleshooting poor quality issues.    

Just a thought........

It’s also their annual weekly shut down for the model year changeover. Last year they did this during the Covid shutdown, pulling the 2021’s forward by a couple months and using that downtime for the switchover.

Fingers crossed on your issues finally having some resolution.

6 hours ago, Lowrider said:

Doesn’t take about 9 days to build the boat? … if so it’s still in production.. I may be wrong and hope it doesn’t take that long… was informed that my boat was supposed to start production yesterday 🤞

If it started on May 17 it should be complete. 

6 hours ago, Lowrider said:

I missed this earlier. It takes 4 days for a 23 LSV build, same with almost all builds, if not all.

2 hours ago, NWBU said:

I missed this earlier. It takes 4 days for a 23 LSV build, same with almost all builds, if not all.

I have a 24MXZ… was informed by dealer build time is from 8 to 15 days … with 3 day delivery time

39 minutes ago, Lowrider said:

I have a 24MXZ… was informed by dealer build time is from 8 to 15 days … with 3 day delivery time

The dealer is trying to manage expectations, which is understandable in this environment. If not, sell MBUU stat!

12 hours ago, zhuskers1 said:

Thanks in advance

Mine arrived at the dealer 2 weeks after spray date (we are only about 4 hours from the TN plant). 

6 hours ago, Slayer said:

Perhaps that's an opportunity for them to evaluate quality standards.  As much as it sucks that those of you waiting on your boat, I would rather not have one than have one that sits at the dealer for weeks at a time troubleshooting poor quality issues.    

Just a thought........

Just a thought for sure. They’re QC has been nonexistent for years. It’s a running joke at this point. They can’t blame it on covid for sure 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

really hope they get yours worked out.  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, spikew919 said:

Thought this was Malibu boat production issue thread? 

Me too, not the "QC has been nonexistent for years. It’s a running joke at this point" thread.

Production issues as in people not being able to get their boats when they expected them.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
52 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Me too, not the "QC has been nonexistent for years. It’s a running joke at this point" thread.

Production issues as in people not being able to get their boats when they expected them.

Sorry about that.  I may have caused the thread derailment.  

Carry on.....

55 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Touché, but I wouldn’t poke the bear. Your buddy at Malibu or anyone there wouldn't like a QC thread with a pics.  I happen to know pics put in the right places get attention immediately. 🤫

carry on 

9 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

Touché, but I wouldn’t poke the bear. Your buddy at Malibu or anyone there wouldn't like a QC thread with a pics.  I happen to know pics put in the right places get attention immediately. 🤫

carry on 

They see everything that is sent in from the dealers as well as what is posted here.

You would be surprised at the places they watch.

• Like 3