Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Production Issues

zhuskers1

Production issues must be getting better.  Local dealer had at least 6 boats sitting out front yesterday, lot has been pretty empty recently. (May be customer boats awaiting pickup)

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

Thanks @23LSVOwner

That’s exactly what I’ve done. 

I’ve pretty much lost all faith in our dealer as they’ve taken the “🤷🏻‍♂️, call Malibu” approach. 

PM me your name and phone number. I know people there.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

Production was supposed to start the last week of June, but haven’t been able to confirm if it took place. Malibu is shut down this week so best case scenario we take delivery the end of next week. 

On a serious note: from you more experienced Malibu clients, what can I do? I’ve been pretty cool about the situation towards my dealer and I’ve called Malibu directly 4 times and never received a call back. 

I’m DONE “Patiently Waiting.”

I have owned a Malibu for a better part of 20 years.  I grew up on a Malibu and every Malibu my family has purchased has been from Active Water Sports in Oregon City.  My dealer has been very good throughout all this garbage. That sucks about your dealer, but I am sure they are just as frustrated as you are. The boating industry has never seen anything like this, you had to know when you ordered your boat it was going to be a long wait or you wont even take delivery of your 2021.  Every other boat manufacture is having the same problem, its no different with Mastercraft, Nautique, Supreme and others. We usually get a new boat every two years.  Hopefully next year when we are ready, this stuff will all be over.   

Edited by dwc032
  • Like 2
48 minutes ago, dwc032 said:

I have owned a Malibu for a better part of 20 years.  I grew up on a Malibu and every Malibu my family has purchased has been from Active Water Sports in Oregon City.  My dealer has been very good throughout all this garbage. That sucks about your dealer, but I am sure they are just as frustrated as you are. The boating industry has never seen anything like this, you had to know when you ordered your boat it was going to be a long wait or you wont even take delivery of your 2021.  Every other boat manufacture is having the same problem, its no different with Mastercraft, Nautique, Supreme and others. We usually get a new boat every two years.  Hopefully next year when we are ready, this stuff will all be over.   

Your dealer is in a whole other league than ours. Everything I see come from them shows their professionalism, care, and commitment. 

Unfortunately, all dealers aren’t the same. 

When we placed our order in Oct ‘20, we did not know it meant a 9+ month wait. 

Malibu delivering 2022’s BEFORE finishing delivery of 2021’s says something significant is broken here at their TN headquarters. 

1 hour ago, Trizzil said:

Your dealer is in a whole other league than ours. Everything I see come from them shows their professionalism, care, and commitment. 

Malibu delivering 2022’s BEFORE finishing delivery of 2021’s says something significant is broken here at their TN headquarters. 

I can’t believe that back in October anyone imagined that it would take 9+ months to get their boat delivered to them. You have every right to be frustrated and upset. Many Failures all around. Some of them were preventable, and some couldn’t have been foreseen. 

Hopefully your boat is finished and on its way to your dealer. I ordered our 2021 Axis in July and received it mid August of 2020. Crazy how much changed in between July 2020 to Oct 2020.  

• Like 2

Or it suggests that your dealer dropped the ball somewhere.  Did they ever produce documentation to you showing that your order was confirmed?  I'm not sure if that's be stated in this thread yet.  Just curious. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Or it suggests that your dealer dropped the ball somewhere.  Did they ever produce documentation to you showing that your order was confirmed?  I'm not sure if that's be stated in this thread yet.  Just curious. 

Yes, I was at the dealer a couple of months ago and they showed me my order in the system with the order date attached. 

Huge shout out to one of the forum members here who helped me FINALLY get answers. 

I’m going to be one of the last ‘21s coming off the line, but we should get our boat this month.  

That guy is Money!!  He helped me as well.

• Like 2