Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Production Issues

zhuskers1

ahopkins22LSV
11 minutes ago, Lowrider said:

I’d post some pictures but I haven’t figured out how yet 😩

Easiest method is have a annual subscription to be able to upload straight from your phone or computer. Some other tips here:

17 minutes ago, surfdude said:

I got a serial # on boat and trailer last week. How long till spray date after that? Dealer is🦗🦗s

I think it varies greatly. I had #s a month  ago and my spray date was last week. I think it may depend how often your dealer is checking that info and or how often he’s talking to you. I was told those #s are given 2-3 weeks before spray. But that may be different as we are right at the end of 21 models and beginning of 22 models. I heard some 22s are already in the plant. I’m not there so I don’t know that but I saw a spray date of June on a 22 model. 
Anyway glad your boat is coming soon ! 

4 hours ago, Livinlogs said:

I think it varies greatly. I had #s a month  ago and my spray date was last week. I think it may depend how often your dealer is checking that info and or how often he’s talking to you. I was told those #s are given 2-3 weeks before spray. But that may be different as we are right at the end of 21 models and beginning of 22 models. I heard some 22s are already in the plant. I’m not there so I don’t know that but I saw a spray date of June on a 22 model. 
Anyway glad your boat is coming soon ! 

Good to hear, was told mine would be a 22

1 hour ago, zhuskers1 said:

Ordered mid November 

Arrived at dealer today!

DC7FD3EA-162D-4E77-88B5-09B4AB812DB5.jpeg

453DD6F5-0637-49B8-8570-5F38BFD46D46.jpeg

BA5575CF-65D7-4619-8205-6A3FCE7E4DD9.jpeg

06E7406B-3244-43F5-A845-424BA1B00084.jpeg

Wait wait… I thought everything had to be husker red out there?

Boat looks great!

Plant seems to be on track . Spray date of the 17th and it shipped already. Woohoo 

will post picks of vapor blue met on dark blue with tan interior . 

• Like 4

Other mfg issues. Sanger did a special run of barefoot boats this year. Minimum of 10 orders, which they had 10. Indmar can only give them 4 engines. The rest come in Oct/Nov. 

2 minutes ago, footndale said:

Other mfg issues. Sanger did a special run of barefoot boats this year. Minimum of 10 orders, which they had 10. Indmar can only give them 4 engines. The rest come in Oct/Nov. 

Which engine are they using in the boats?  Does the Raptor actually fit in a DD, or are they using the 2.3EB?

3 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Which engine are they using in the boats?  Does the Raptor actually fit in a DD, or are they using the 2.3EB?

As far as I know the Raptor works. I believe the boats I drove in 2016 had the Raptor in the DD and V215.

ENGINE OPTIONS

Indmar Raptor 360 – 338 hp

Indmar Raptor 400 – 350 hp

Indmar Raptor 440 – 398 hp

Indmar raptor 575 “Ultimate” 510 hp

image.thumb.png.2da1c9e53ef311e7f86ead0494c7d5e7.png

Edited by footndale
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Never heard of / seen Sanger boats before. The classic lines are appealing.

The best barefoot boats, but they don't make many anymore. They need a minimum of 10 to make it work it, so every few years they put a call out to owners.  Their surf boats are nice. The 215 series is a great crossover boat.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, footndale said:

So did they have 10 orders of 10. As in 100 boats? 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I’m pretty sure I’m the last one waiting. 

Over on FB someone shared they’ve already taken delivery of their 2022 25LSV. 

Not sure how that’s possible considering I’m STILL waiting on a 2021 model year.

Anyone interested in buying an unused loaded 2021 23LSV? 🤣

11 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

Well, I’m pretty sure I’m the last one waiting. 

Over on FB someone shared they’ve already taken delivery of their 2022 25LSV. 

Not sure how that’s possible considering I’m STILL waiting on a 2021 model year.

Anyone interested in buying an unused loaded 2021 23LSV? 🤣

What's the latest info you have received from Malibu or your dealer?

6 minutes ago, Hemmy said:

What's the latest info you have received from Malibu or your dealer?

Production was supposed to start the last week of June, but haven’t been able to confirm if it took place. Malibu is shut down this week so best case scenario we take delivery the end of next week. 

On a serious note: from you more experienced Malibu clients, what can I do? I’ve been pretty cool about the situation towards my dealer and I’ve called Malibu directly 4 times and never received a call back. 

I’m DONE “Patiently Waiting.”

Edited by Trizzil
19 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

On a serious note: from you more experienced Malibu clients, what can I do? I’ve been pretty cool about the situation towards my dealer and I’ve called Malibu directly 4 times and never received a call back. 

Not my experience and I'm sure not the experience of many here.

865 458 5478

Listen to the menu and select boat technical support.

10 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Not my experience and I'm sure not the experience of many here.

865 458 5478

Listen to the menu and select boat technical support.

Thanks @23LSVOwner

That’s exactly what I’ve done. 

I’ve pretty much lost all faith in our dealer as they’ve taken the “🤷🏻‍♂️, call Malibu” approach. 

32 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

Production was supposed to start the last week of June, but haven’t been able to confirm if it took place. Malibu is shut down this week so best case scenario we take delivery the end of next week. 

I’m DONE “Patiently Waiting.”

It sucks that you continue to deal with this.  If your boat didn't spray prior to the current shutdown, you're likely going to end up with a 2022.  Also, I agree with @23LSVOwner with respect to Malibu call backs.  I've never had them not return a call.  I have however reached out to our regional rep several times to discuss my situation with my dealer and what I should do if I decide to stay with Malibu and he has completely ghosted me.  I met the guy at a boat show 2 years ago when we first started considering ordering a 23 LSV and he said to call him anytime.  It's not very reassuring that the regional rep won't respond to a call.  

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

Thanks @23LSVOwner

That’s exactly what I’ve done. 

I’ve pretty much lost all faith in our dealer as they’ve taken the “🤷🏻‍♂️, call Malibu” approach. 

I understand that feeling.......