Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Production Issues

zhuskers1

ahopkins22LSV
11 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

Maybe I missed something, but I’ve seen others facing the same issue too. 

Multiple spray dates and no communication. I think the person who stared this thread is at 2 or 3 as well. 

This just comes back to my point on communication. If all we have are the dealers and they know nothing we end up in forums playing detective trying to get answers. 

My point stands for them too. I’d be seriously leaning on dealer to understand if those were truly confirmed. I’ve ordered a boat before and had my salesman say by next week, then it was by next week and it continued. Come to find out it was never confirmed by Malibu and he was just telling me what I wanted to hear. At the end of the day my “spray date” ended up getting pushed out 3 months because of this. It was worked out with the dealer, not Malibu. This was back in 2018. What’s to say dealers aren’t playing this same game now?

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

My point stands for them too. I’d be seriously leaning on dealer to understand if those were truly confirmed. I’ve ordered a boat before and had my salesman say by next week, then it was by next week and it continued. Come to find out it was never confirmed by Malibu and he was just telling me what I wanted to hear. At the end of the day my “spray date” ended up getting pushed out 3 months because of this. It was worked out with the dealer, not Malibu. This was back in 2018. What’s to say dealers aren’t playing this same game now?

That sounds shockingly familiar.......same dealer, too.

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, Slayer said:

That sounds shockingly familiar.......same dealer, too.

Eh, kinda. Mid transition, lots of buried skeletons still. That salesman is also no longer with them. 

11 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Eh, kinda. Mid transition, lots of buried skeletons still. That salesman is also no longer with them. 

...I know who that salesman is...

12 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Still the same experience so it’s the same.

I know lots are still waiting on spray dates. I know Malibu is doing everything they can and communication may not be what we all expect. I finally got my date of June 17. Could it have been communicated better? Of course . I think buyers will be more aware if they order again and ask questions they never thought to ask before. 
I’m not sure when the model year cut off is this year , maybe it’s pushed a little but there has to be many orders that won’t be fulfilled as 2021 models . My boat was in late October and never given a date until last month, then it was pushed. It sounds like more of us are getting dates than say 2 months ago. So progress 

Dealer over promising is a possibility, but I’ve seen the Malibu dealer order screen and the date my order was placed. Along with the dozens of other orders too. 

I agree with @Livinlogs above that there will be MANY more questions asked in the future. 

In other news...

It’s sunny and 86 here on the lake today. Patiently, patiently, patiently waiting..

ahopkins22LSV
14 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

Dealer over promising is a possibility, but I’ve seen the Malibu dealer order screen and the date my order was placed. Along with the dozens of other orders too. 

I agree with @Livinlogs above that there will be MANY more questions asked in the future. 

In other news...

It’s sunny and 86 here on the lake today. Patiently, patiently, patiently waiting..

I don’t mean to knit pick because I am just trying to help, but did you see a confirmed spray date? Or the order date? 

12 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I don’t mean to knit pick because I am just trying to help, but did you see a confirmed spray date? Or the order date? 

@ahopkinsVTXI appreciate your help. Not taking it any other way 😄

Both.

I’ve seen my confirmed order date in the system. I know “order dates” don’t matter, but I’m not one of the people who ordered in Jan disappointed I don’t have my boat now. My order is from Oct ‘20. 

Since then, I’ve received 3 confirmed spray dates from my dealer. 

My original Mid-April spray date was pushed to the first week of June. That happened around the time Texas was hit with the ice storms. 

Then Malibu cleared off all June spray dates sometime in April. 

The second week of May I received my third spray date which is now the end of June. 

Maybe others out there with orders can chime in too, but it seems like 23LSV orders are the ones being pushed the furthest out.  

Following other dealers IG pages, I haven’t seen too many delivery photos from 23LSV’s. Lots of MXZ’s, smaller models, and M-Series over the last 90-days.  

Edited by Trizzil
26 minutes ago, Trizzil said:

@ahopkinsVTXI appreciate your help. Not taking it any other way 😄

Both.

I’ve seen my confirmed order date in the system. I know “order dates” don’t matter, but I’m not one of the people who ordered in Jan disappointed I don’t have my boat now. My order is from Oct ‘20. 

Since then, I’ve received 3 confirmed spray dates from my dealer. 

My original Mid-April spray date was pushed to the first week of June. That happened around the time Texas was hit with the ice storms. 

Then Malibu cleared off all June spray dates sometime in April. 

The second week of May I received my third spray date which is now the end of June. 

Maybe others out there with orders can chime in too, but it seems like 23LSV orders are the ones being pushed the furthest out.  

Following other dealers IG pages, I haven’t seen too many delivery photos from 23LSV’s. Lots of MXZ’s, smaller models, and M-Series over the last 90-days.  

Did you see those "confirmed spray dates" on the dealer portal?

If not it is entirely possible you were given tentative spray dates or even a SWAG from your dealer.

6 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Also, do you have a rare option ordered? Could something like that be causing the delays? Something still seems fishy to me. 

We definitely optioned ours heavily, but I’m not sure what options are considered rare. 

We didn’t do stern-tern, super-charged engine, or the mister tower. 

What would be considered rare?

2 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Did you see those "confirmed spray dates" on the dealer portal?

If not it is entirely possible you were given tentative spray dates or even a SWAG from your dealer.

This is my question. @Trizzil keeps saying three “confirmed” spray dates but never says precisely what they were. Idk, maybe he just doesn’t remember the exact date, and I probably wouldn’t either, but... 

“Mid-April” is not a confirmed production date. If that’s how the dealer was phrasing it, I’m thinking it might not have been an official scheduled production date. That sounds like what a dealer says when they are guessing.  The other clue here is that Malibu was later than usual in finalizing April and May scheduling. So the dealer couldn’t have communicated an official “mid April” production date in February (ie during the freeze). To my knowledge, they didn’t exist yet.

For future reference, this is the language you’re looking for... “Mr. Trizzil, your production date is confirmed for April 13th.”  Then ask your dealer for a screen shot from the system. 

• Like 3

@IXFE Can’t really tell if you’re here to help or challenge...🤔

To put some clarity around my experience:

I’ve received specific “spray dates” on 3 different occasions. For the sake of typing, I haven’t entered those dates here as they’re not really relevant since they’ve changed so many times. 

Could my dealer be telling me things I’d like to hear sure, but every time I’ve spoken with them they’ve been transparent and provided very specific details about my boat and when Malibu told them it would be ready (or not). 

To be fair, the only reason I’ve ever chimed in on the topic here is because of the lack of proactive communication from everyone involved (Malibu & my dealer). 

Not going to go any deeper into this topic because I’ve made my point and others have made there’s. I just hope Malibu reads through this thread and learns from it. 

1 hour ago, Trizzil said:

@IXFE Can’t really tell if you’re here to help or challenge...🤔

I will clarify what I’m here for. It’s not to help or to challenge. It’s to provide facts. How you interpret them is up to you. 

Whether you want to admit it or not, you’re new to this. You aren’t the first newb to show up here and demand the industry behave the way YOU want it to. You won’t be the last either. The sad fact is this post and this thread won’t change you. Only years of tow boat ownership and frustration will beat you down to the point of submission. You will either a) chill out, accept it for what it is, and learn to navigate it, or b) move onto a new hobby. 

Many of the people responding to you (incl me) have been through this process and learned these lessons. Either learn from this group or continue to be frustrated. Totally up to you. 

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

Only one man actually caused change at the highest level  by complaining on the forum.  I can't remember his name....

I think he was a doctor of some kind...

Yeah, he must have been.  Only a doctor (or a lawyer) could command the kind of action that guy did.  What ever happened to him?  

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Only one man actually caused change at the highest level  by complaining on the forum.  I can't remember his name....

ahem, they also stole (errr implemented) my speaker location for the captain concept.  

• Like 2

I have a mind blowing idea that is fairly malibu specific, but don't have a patent- not sharing it on the interwebs until then lol.