Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Production Issues

zhuskers1

Myself and a couple others have shared our experience with the lack of communication from Malibu during these challenging times. 

Some on here have said we should contact our dealer, do a rain dance, and many other things instead of sharing our opinion here on the poor communication from Malibu.

P.S. Everything mentioned by others - we’ve all already done 😉 - MANY times. 

Some here have even compared Malibu’s  situation to the Bronco situation and highlighted that Ford isn’t communicating directly with its customers. 

Well...

https://amp.freep.com/amp/5118647001

Open communication is all that matters. I’m a business owner myself and understand that it’s often better to communicate no news vs no communication at all. 

Before the Malibu apologists come out and 🔥 me, I’m coming from a place of constructive feedback for Malibu, not internet whining. 

For what it's worth, I received word from my dealer that my 25 LSV went in production last week.  Part of me thinks I'll believe it when I see pictures to prove it lol.  If it did indeed start last Monday or Tuesday, that means that Malibu was able to hold my prior "soft build date"  of 05/10/20201 (which was bumped from "late-April") and stay roughly on schedule.

Now keeping fingers crossed for a quick completion and shipment out to CA.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, IXFE said:

Dude, how many times are you gonna post the same thing?  

Oh, and that article is wrong.  Ford did not send emails to all Bronco customers.  Sorry to burst your bubble, cuz I know that felt good to post.  

tenor.gif

To be fair, I'm sure Ford did send letters to their customers, their dealers!

• Like 3
5 hours ago, IXFE said:

Oh, and that article is wrong.  Ford did not send emails to all Bronco customers.  Sorry to burst your bubble, cuz I know that felt good to post.  

tenor.gif

Strong use of a GIF. 

I get it dude. No matter what, you’re Malibu fo’ life. 

Edited by Trizzil
On 5/11/2021 at 5:15 PM, Trizzil said:

Congratulations! As someone waiting too, it’s nice to see your perseverance pay off especially considering the meaning of your trip. 

Out of curiosity, what boat did you order? (Missed that you mentioned a MXZ)

10 hours ago, Trizzil said:

I get it dude. No matter what, you’re Malibu fo’ life. 

Have you contacted Malibu direct?

16 hours ago, IXFE said:

tenor.gif

It sounds like they sent letters to SOME Bronco customers ;)

The automaker has sent letters to order holders who were expecting to receive their trucks in early June notifying them that the delivery dates have been pushed back 2-3 weeks.

Bronco customers learn production will be delayed in letter from Ford (freep.com)

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

It sounds like they sent letters to SOME Bronco customers ;)

The automaker has sent letters to order holders who were expecting to receive their trucks in early June notifying them that the delivery dates have been pushed back 2-3 weeks.

Bronco customers learn production will be delayed in letter from Ford (freep.com)

It went out only to those who had a confirmed build date. They have only sent out build dates to the first few weeks of production. So very very few got that email. I wasn’t one of them. I learned about the delay (not the first and won’t be the last) from MY DEALER who has over 300 confirmed Bronco orders on the books and has been great about communication. They respond whenever I text. 

So the point is... @Trizzil holds Ford up as the beacon of corporate communication, yet doesn’t realize that even in that scenario, he wouldn’t have gotten the email he so covets. After all, like my Bronco, his Malibu doesn’t have a confirmed build date. Hence, no email.

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3
Just now, oldjeep said:

Yup, just yanking your chain ;)

You should know better...

Just to make my point even stronger. The news this week is that July production, which hasn’t officially been scheduled, will be almost entirely soft tops. Ford can’t get the hard tops from their supplier. Guess what most Bronco customers want?  Yup, hard tops. So four-door folks with late soft top orders will jump way way ahead in line. And two-door orders are screwed (two-door comes standard with hard top). Did Ford email this info to all 200k customers? Nope, it was a memo sent to DEALERS. 

Trust me when I tell you, the Bronco situation is way worse than Malibu. Total cluster. Hundreds of thousands placed order for summer toy LAST summer, were promised April 2021, but are now looking at 2022. People on this thread need to take a major chill pill or go out and try to buy something else to get some perspective. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, IXFE said:

You should know better...

Just to make my point even stronger. The news this week is that July production, which hasn’t officially been scheduled, will be almost entirely soft tops. Ford can’t get the hard tops from their supplier. Guess what most Bronco customers want?  Yup, hard tops. So four-door folks with late soft top orders will jump way way ahead in line. And two-door orders are screwed (two-door comes standard with hard top). Did Ford email this info to all 200k customers? Nope, it was a memo sent to DEALERS. 

Trust me when I tell you, the Bronco situation is way worse than Malibu. Total cluster. Hundreds of thousands placed order for summer toy LAST summer, were promised April 2021, but are now looking at 2022. People on this thread need to take a major chill pill or go out and try to buy something else to get some perspective. 

The big difference is that the Bronco delay is costing a lot more companies money.  The entire bolt on crap market is just sitting out there in limbo.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

The big difference is that the Bronco delay is costing a lot more companies money.  The entire bolt on crap market is just sitting out there in limbo.

I would think that they are busy trying to engineer their bolt on crap (BOC) so that it fits and works properly on a new vehicle.  Those that have the engineering completed already are busy trying to source parts and materials for their BOC, but finding it really hard to get.

7 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Have you contacted Malibu direct?

Yes, I’ve never heard back. 

My dealer is doing the best they can, but they’re in the dark most of the time too. 

Our spray date is scheduled for late next month, but with everything still influx I’m cautiously optimistic. 

Like others have mentioned, there are tons of trips booked (friends and family) and our new ‘Bu is the headlining event. So, there’s a lot more to it than just being disappointed in the wait. 

The more proactive Malibu can be in their communication the more “we” can communicate with those who are spending money to travel/adjust trips/etc. 

7 hours ago, IXFE said:

So the point is... @Trizzil holds Ford up as the beacon of corporate communication, yet doesn’t realize that even in that scenario, he wouldn’t have gotten the email he so covets. After all, like my Bronco, his Malibu doesn’t have a confirmed build date. Hence, no email.

The reason I highlighted Ford as a “beacon of corporate communication” is because to date, I’ve had 3 different confirmed spray dates from Malibu and never once received a proactive communication from Malibu or my dealer. To my dealers credit, they have struggled to get any answers from Malibu too. 

So, yes, as someone with a confirmed build date (3x) I’d like to see Malibu follow Ford’s lead. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Trizzil

Heard back from my dealer last Friday. He said our boat was to go into production Monday (yesterday). I have not heard if it truly did or not, but he said Malibu was trying to make a push to get as many boats to customers before the memorial weekend and has arranged for extra shipping on “stand-by” to get them out as quickly as possible. I hope ours went in production yesterday and we receive it before memorial weekend! 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, COOP said:

Just curious if anyones boat has been missing anything. 

I know bimini tops and tower speakers were a problem.

I’m almost positive my dealer said some boats last month were missing exactly what you stated but I don’t believe they have any units waiting on parts now. 

I just saw some pics of my boat this morning that sprayed 5/10.  It looked pretty much complete.  I didn't order tower speakers so I can't say for sure (moving my GX with 4 REV 10's over to the new boat), but I can see a few boats in the background and they all have tower speakers (white and black can be seen) so it seems they have some stock available.  

2 hours ago, ikmiller said:

Heard back from my dealer last Friday. He said our boat was to go into production Monday (yesterday). I have not heard if it truly did or not, but he said Malibu was trying to make a push to get as many boats to customers before the memorial weekend and has arranged for extra shipping on “stand-by” to get them out as quickly as possible. I hope ours went in production yesterday and we receive it before memorial weekend! 

I hope you are right on stand-by shipping, because it looked like mine was gonna be ready to ship relatively soon!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, ctvandy23 said:

Mine was only missing the engine…just two oars in the engine bay and a rowing manual!  My boat is very quiet.  

How much torque does that create and how is the surf wave?

33 minutes ago, ctvandy23 said:

Torque is def better if I force my daughters to paddle as well.  Surf wave is but a ripple!  

Please tell me your kidding?

Steve B.