Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Production Issues

zhuskers1

13 minutes ago, zhuskers1 said:

First and foremost I really like my dealer and he is doing all he can to get my boat ASAP and is communicating with me in a direct and honest fashion.  

But in all do respect, some of ya'll have drank the Kool-Aid.  The end to end communication in this unusual situation has been dismal at best.  This is not a small purchase and the dealer is not the customer....... the BOAT OWNER is the customer.  I have been a Malibu Customer for over 30 years.  Love their product, their culture and their innovation.  But their communication with the real customer in this situation is not up to par.    Patiently waiting.

🤣🤣🤣

This is sooooo true. Get ready for the 🔥

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Let’s keep it on topic please. 
Production issues. 

What production issues??

all I’m reading is dealer Disappointment 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’d say it’s time for a thread title name change

• Like 3

Malibu May be having “production issues” but that was never the true intent of thread. Honestly, I’d like to hear if there are production issues rather than poor dealer communication. 

Posts and topics like these are usually for the purpose of ruffling feathers to get some kind of dealer or manufacturer response.

Like @Stevosaid, let’s call it what it is.  The squeaky wheel is trying to get some grease. 

Frankly, I think that production has slowed because of some type of issue with overheating. All of Malibu’s resources have gone to fix that problem.  Heard it might be a bad impeller? Anyone have any info?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

Malibu May be having “production issues” but that was never the true intent of thread. Honestly, I’d like to hear if there are production issues rather than poor dealer communication. 

Posts and topics like these are usually for the purpose of ruffling feathers to get some kind of dealer or manufacturer response.

Like @Stevosaid, let’s call it what it is.  The squeaky wheel is trying to get some grease. 

Frankly, I think that production has slowed because of some type of issue with overheating. All of Malibu’s resources have gone to fix that problem.  Heard it might be a bad impeller? Anyone have any info?

I think you are about a year late on the overheating issue. That's old news and I dont think anyone at Malibu is needing to spend time in it these days.

This is a raw materials issue and not Malibus fault. I don't believe it's a labor issue like some industries are seeing. Almost every industry is feeling the frustration of getting inventory or raw materials right now. Both Malibu and dealers would love to sell/deliver boats at normal levels. It stinks, but no one is intentionally trying sc$%w their customers over.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, hunter77ah said:

Like @Stevosaid, let’s call it what it is.  The squeaky wheel is trying to get some grease

Bingo.....While the title of the thread suggests one thing, the content is completely different. 

28 minutes ago, tjklein said:

This is a raw materials issue and not Malibus fault. I don't believe it's a labor issue like some industries are seeing. Almost every industry is feeling the frustration of getting inventory or raw materials right now. Both Malibu and dealers would love to sell/deliver boats at normal levels. It stinks, but no one is intentionally trying sc$%w their customers over.

It's all about supply chain, baby!  

Anyone look into how many F-150's are building built that can't be sold because they are not complete and awaiting parts??  Same is true with GM vehicles, motorcycles, etc.  Jeep's new flagship SUV, which could not be released in a more unfavorable political climate, is either not being manufactured or manufactured at a rate of 20% the intended jobs per hour due to supply chain problems.  This sucks for anyone.  Same with the Bronco as @IXFEhas noted several times.  

• Like 2
11 hours ago, zhuskers1 said:

First and foremost I really like my dealer and he is doing all he can to get my boat ASAP and is communicating with me in a direct and honest fashion.  

But in all do respect, some of ya'll have drank the Kool-Aid.  The end to end communication in this unusual situation has been dismal at best.  This is not a small purchase and the dealer is not the customer....... the BOAT OWNER is the customer.  I have been a Malibu Customer for over 30 years.  Love their product, their culture and their innovation.  But their communication with the real customer in this situation is not up to par.    Patiently waiting.

I suspect the dealer is the one not in communication with you.

Malibu, like may companies tries to get the dealers to do the communication with the customers as the dealer is your primary contact for anything, boat issues, service, etc, and they want your dealer to be your resource for everything and do their best to foster that positive relationship.

I know for a fact that Malibu has been in communication with dealerships regularly on the status of supplier issues, boat orders, etc.

And actually, while the purchaser is the end customer, the 1st customer to Malibu is the dealership. It's standard across the industry for pretty much all boat brands. Maybe the situation this year will change things in the future for communications, don't know.

8 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

I suspect the dealer is the one not in communication with you.

Malibu, like may companies tries to get the dealers to do the communication with the customers as the dealer is your primary contact for anything, boat issues, service, etc, and they want your dealer to be your resource for everything and do their best to foster that positive relationship.

I know for a fact that Malibu has been in communication with dealerships regularly on the status of supplier issues, boat orders, etc.

And actually, while the purchaser is the end customer, the 1st customer to Malibu is the dealership. It's standard across the industry for pretty much all boat brands. Maybe the situation this year will change things in the future for communications, don't know.

And I will add that Malibu is always open for end customer communications. As you have seen from at least a couple of people in this thread they called and were happy with what they heard.

865-458-5478

Rather than complaining have you even tried that route?

Edited by 23LSVOwner
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

This is no different than buying a car, truck, motorcycle, side by side, ORV, RV, etc.  It's the dealer is the manufacturer's customer, the buyer is the dealer's customer.

Exactly.

I apologize to all for the "kool - aid" comment.  Just months and months of frustration showing through.  Date after date given and then missed, resulting in the majority of the boating season missed.

I will try the 800 number that one of the posters provided.  

Some of us will never agree on the definition of who the customer is, but I do appreciate the dialogue.   I have ran many successful businesses and our team's philosophy was the person who buys and uses the product is the customer....the rest of us are here to help that person and "Treat the Customer the way you would like to be treated, ALWAYS with Integrity".    Over the years, Malibu has been an amazing company.  I have some amazing stories about the original Senior Team at Malibu.  

My heart goes out to the manufacturing team at Malibu.  Supply shortages, health and safety concerns, and a government dis-incentive to work.

My apologies again if I offended anyone, this CUSTOMER is trying to patiently wait......   :)

• Like 3
10 hours ago, IXFE said:

I had plenty of disappointments with my dealer over the years. None made it to the forum. Some stuff is better left private. 

You know what should be public...? RGB write-up’s by @COOP

The requests are not unseen by me. 

I just dont currently have any pics of past projects, last one we did was a little over a year ago. 

I will see about getting some pics of the CAN plug location and some other stuff to put a little something together.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, gregtay said:

I think you are about a year late on the overheating issue. That's old news and I dont think anyone at Malibu is needing to spend time in it these days.

I was trying to lighten the thread by bringing up another overblown issue... It didn't work as expected lol.  PTI.  

• Like 2