Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Patiently waiting...,

zhuskers1

On 3/17/2021 at 6:44 AM, IXFE said:

What you saw was a Bronco Sport (small suv based off the Escape). They’ve been out for months. The Sport isn’t even remotely similar to the actual Bronco (based off the Ranger) which isn’t in production yet. The Sport isn’t a trim level; it’s a completely different model built in a different plant. There are over 190k reservations for the actual Bronco. Walk into a Ford dealer today and not only will you not see one, but you can’t even place an order (unless you have one of those 190k reservations). Ford will build all the customer reserves Broncos before building ONE for dealer stock. General public won’t be able to get one until late in 2022, at best. Unless dealers manage to scoop up some cancelled orders... and they will do what dealers do... mark it way up. Perhaps then we’ll see a thread: “Very disappointed in Ford.”

9C02F298-9280-402B-9610-97A72686BCA9.jpeg

Same thing happened to me... saw a Sport the other day. Got all excited because at first I thought it was a Bronco... then I realized it wasn't and was a little disappointed :-/

On 3/18/2021 at 8:34 AM, NWBU said:

The RV makers have been doing that for months now. Your new RV may very well arrive at the dealer without a fridge or AC unit, especially if you ordered one with multiple AC units.

And now Ford is sending out F150's without some components. Dodge is sending out trucks with steel wheels and then sending the real ones to customers a few weeks later.   I think i'd rather wait for my boat to have all the right parts vs. it showing without surfgate and a missing screen.

I’ll pile on that there are tens of thousands of “mostly complete” cars sitting in storage waiting on microchips. It’s hitting everybody.  

Pontoon brand shutting production down for 3wks. No parts unprecedented demand. Yikes 

RV industry rumor that it will likely be similar for a few in near future as well.

Many parts have been sitting in california for months without movement. Avg widget transit time has gone from 25-30 to 65-85 days. Free $$$ for all means it's going to continue for a while. 

inflation is out of control folks just look at commodity market which is a 6-9 mo indicator for inflation.. off the charts. We're literally looking at double digits inflation.. makes no sense but as they say the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent! 

cash is literally worthless.. cash is trash!! borrow at 3% while inflation set to be 10-15++.. it's awesome getting paid 7-12% to borrow money 🤑🤑

Edited by The Hulk

Looks like i'm tracking for a May 10th spray date.  Hope it holds and doesn't get pushed back any further!  Fingers crossed for no further supply chain interruptions.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

And this is what I have been worrying about. If you can shut down Cali, you shut down our nation. If you shut down the ports,  you shut down the nation. This is no longer political! This is our nation. Everything from China comes through Cali.  This governor needs to open our state or GTFO. 

Cali has crippled the entire supply chain almost single handed. Farmers are ticked off as well because cali ports are sending so many empty containers back without filling them due to lack of workers and Covid restrictions. 

Personally I've never seen commodity market inflation like this, large demand increases on top of Massive devaluation of the dollar.

Betting a new 2022 25lsv is going to cost at least $20+k out the door next year.. crazy

One toon company just issued a 6% hike a month ago, is going to do another 5% very soon. Two hikes in same season!! And they plan on another 5% being issued for fall orders of 2022 models.. 15%+ in or year! I was told the tri toon I've always been interested in will be a min of $15-18k more and if I wanted it for next year I'd better order now..oh but they won't know the price yet or the model Year changes haha 😂

Money_Black_Hole.jpg

Edited by The Hulk
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Cali has crippled the entire supply chain almost single handed. Farmers are ticked off as well because cali ports are sending so many empty containers back without filling them due to lack of workers and Covid restrictions. 

Personally I've never seen commodity market inflation like this, large demand increases on top of Massive devaluation of the dollar.

Betting a new 2022 25lsv is going to cost at least $20+k out the door next year.. crazy

One toon company just issued a 6% hike a month ago, is going to do another 5% very soon. Two hikes in same season!! And they plan on another 5% being issued for fall orders of 2022 models.. 15%+ in or year! I was told the tri toon I've always been interested in will be a min of $15-18k more and if I wanted it for next year I'd better order now..oh but they won't know the price yet or the model Year changes haha 😂

Money_Black_Hole.jpg

And then I log into my computer this morning and I see this 🤬🤬

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-asia-financial-markets-california-china-9f2e0810bb4a9638d79d5898afd5b7af

I was told Yesterday orders on new Boston Whalers put delivery at least 18 months out and no prices will be quoted until the boat is built and shipped.  It did not sound like Bayliners and Sea Rays were much sooner if at all.  There is a tough time getting parts like cleats and other hardware as well as some of the other items already discussed.  

Edited by jjackkrash
29 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

I'm seeing some crazy local prices on 10 year old Bayliners.  WHo'dathunkit?

I did not ask specifically, but from what I gathered in off hand comments was that the on-deposit order list for new Bayliners by far exceeds the capacity of the factory to fill those orders in the near term, even assuming the supply chain returns to normal tomorrow, as in this might be an unavoidable multi-year demand issue. 

Edited by jjackkrash
  • Like 2

At some point, these interest rates are going to climb rapidly, causing a backlash in demand. Things are going to be pretty wild in the next few years 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, surfdude said:

At some point, these interest rates are going to climb rapidly, causing a backlash in demand. Things are going to be pretty wild in the next few years 

Not gonna happen for 2-4 years minimum

• Like 2
8 hours ago, surfdude said:

Feds said no real hikes for years as they WANT inflation and higher employment before raising rates and they won't move quickly when it does. Also they couldn't even service the national debt now with a small interst hike. Sure they may do a tiny miniscule hike but that's about it.. Feds know they can't even pull back once inflation happens plus the inflation will reduce the debt burden. It's the oldest trick in the book easier than taxing you more just make you poorer. Although they will do both in 2022!

I suspect the housing affordability criss will be a hot topic in very near future to the point 40 & 50 yr mortgages almost have to be created to keep monthly payments in check with lack of wage hikes compared to inflation. Banks will love it and so will the sheep. I mean 20yr boat loans and only 30yr mortgages? Who would of thunk that one . Maybe we'll also get 30yr bayliner loans!

Hope malibu has a stockpile of chips!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/21/global-shortage-in-computer-chips-reaches-crisis-point

Edited by The Hulk
On 3/18/2021 at 10:34 AM, NWBU said:

The RV makers have been doing that for months now. Your new RV may very well arrive at the dealer without a fridge or AC unit, especially if you ordered one with multiple AC units.

I have heard rumors that other brands are shipping incomplete as well. No decals, no biminis, ect...

Refrigerated containers are almost non-existent now, which is driving a TON of rail business.  We have a siding at one of our facilities that is connected to a short line RR before connecting with CSX.  The business is taking off and I'm developing more rail activity in the past 3 months than I have in 20 years.  

12 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

Refrigerated containers are almost non-existent now, which is driving a TON of rail business.  We have a siding at one of our facilities that is connected to a short line RR before connecting with CSX.  The business is taking off and I'm developing more rail activity in the past 3 months than I have in 20 years.  

Rail space will become an issue, too.  What all with pipeline cancelations (KXL, Line 5, etc.)

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Rail space will become an issue, too.  What all with pipeline cancelations (KXL, Line 5, etc.)

Yep, great example... Canadian Pacific just acquired Kansas City southern since the pipeline was stopped. Got to get that oil to the market somehow.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Malibuzer said:

You got that right!  It's amazing how people don't understand that the product supply and demand will force the suppliers and users to find other ways of getting the petroleum products to the refineries! 

Gretchen Whitmer is planning a surprise for Michigan this winter I hear. ;)

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

We've had enough of her here.  She needs to go and stop it with the surprises.  

Out here we are very close to having enough votes for a recall. 🤤

• Like 3