Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Correct replacement K&N marine flame arrestor part # for Indmar 320 LCR MPFI engine?

Anyone with this engine know correct K&N flame arrestor to replace OEM flame arrestor? 

I asked K&N tech support and was sent a part # for a carb engine, size for assume a 4V carb.

Throttle body throat/flange size outside diameter is 3 7/8". 

OEM flame arrestor collar size is OD 4",  ID is 3 7/8"

OEM comes with a metal 7" round flame arrestor, Has a ID collar that is 3 7/8" and OD that is 4".   It is not an air filter.  Just look inside your dirty carb or EFI throttle body to see that the OEM flame arrestor does not filter anything. Means you are sucking dirt particles and debris from engine bay that can pass through OEM flame arrestor into the engine.  I have rebuilt more than my share of marine carbs and cleaned up EFI trottle bodies to know a K&N filter keeps me from having to clean them out and or rebuild them.

As my subject line asked if anyone on this forum has a good part number for K&N. As you may know K&N are only known air filter maker that make marine air filter and flame arrestor in one.  I have been using them for many many years on multiple applications including performance boats, and can attest to how well they let engine breath, and filter the incoming air.

I am thinking I may have to modify/adapt a standard cold air K&N intake system made for the Chevy Vortec engine to work as K&N tech appears not to have a good part for the Indmar 320 LCR.