Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to the crew, need some advise.

JMaddogT

2 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Like Dad used to say "Anything too good to be true probably is".  Isn't anyone suspicious why a dealer would be dumping a boat like this for  maybe 2/3rds of what it is worth on the open market?

And he's gone...

Steve B.

1 hour ago, RedWakesetterVLX said:

Just saw on Malibu page on Facebook And it looks like he bought it 

Thats good. Its not the 3rd Malibu we are looking for anyway.... and i don't have a place to store it right now anyway.

Hey sorry all, crazy weekend running around and doing projects at the house. I did work out a deal to buy this boat and it is not one that has been for sale before. I will disclose the full deal here (didn't want to post it on FB land for haters). The boat is a 2011 Malibu Wakesetter VLX. It was owned by the owner of a local marina and used primary for their kids as a fun boat. It comes from a single owner with 500 hours, trailer, bimini top, cover, full detail and spring service not to mention anything included seen in the pictures (minus the kids) with a 45 day 50/50 warranty from the day I drop it in the water.  The final deal was $32,500. I also secured myself a valet spot at that marina for 2021, with a fall winterization and winter storage till April of 2022 (separate payment). This boat was not originally posted "for sale", I was reaching out to local marinas looking for a slip/valet option for the 2021 season. When their sales manager responded to me saying they had nothing available we got to talking about what I was looking for and I how I was going to travel down south to bring a boat back up. Even when I was signing the papers for the sale, I was told this boat wasn't really for sale it just worked out, right time, right person asking, as winter cash flow at marina's in New England always helps. While I bought this boat through one of their awesome sales managers, I do have some friends that know the owners of the marina very well and have always said good things. In New England its tough to buy boat mid winter but I feel as though I was treated  extremely well, given a good price with some form of a warranty on a 10yo boat and then them giving me the last spot for valet next year only helped me instill some more trust/faith. I feel if they were just trying to move a boat that had problems there was no chance of letting me keep it at their facility. I may be a little crazy but I feel like this deal was to good to pass up with the current boat market.  I'm sure some will have there speculation but over all I feel like is something is wrong at $32,500 I can fix it and still be under resale value. Thanks for everyone's help answering questions. I guess I should be asking what are the first things I should be adding/ upgrading for mainly wake surfing. Also sounds like the jumper cable is a necessity for the known screen issues. Cheers!! 

img%5Dimg%5Dimg%5Dimg%5Dimg%5D

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, JMaddogT said:

Hey sorry all, crazy weekend running around and doing projects at the house. I did work out a deal to buy this boat and it is not one that has been for sale before. I will disclose the full deal here (didn't want to post it on FB land for haters). The boat is a 2011 Malibu Wakesetter VLX. It was owned by the owner of a local marina and used primary for their kids as a fun boat. It comes from a single owner with 500 hours, trailer, bimini top, cover, full detail and spring service not to mention anything included seen in the pictures (minus the kids) with a 45 day 50/50 warranty from the day I drop it in the water.  The final deal was $32,500. I also secured myself a valet spot at that marina for 2021, with a fall winterization and winter storage till April of 2022 (separate payment). This boat was not originally posted "for sale", I was reaching out to local marinas looking for a slip/valet option for the 2021 season. When their sales manager responded to me saying they had nothing available we got to talking about what I was looking for and I how I was going to travel down south to bring a boat back up. Even when I was signing the papers for the sale, I was told this boat wasn't really for sale it just worked out, right time, right person asking, as winter cash flow at marina's in New England always helps. While I bought this boat through one of their awesome sales managers, I do have some friends that know the owners of the marina very well and have always said good things. In New England its tough to buy boat mid winter but I feel as though I was treated  extremely well, given a good price with some form of a warranty on a 10yo boat and then them giving me the last spot for valet next year only helped me instill some more trust/faith. I feel if they were just trying to move a boat that had problems there was no chance of letting me keep it at their facility. I may be a little crazy but I feel like this deal was to good to pass up with the current boat market.  I'm sure some will have there speculation but over all I feel like is something is wrong at $32,500 I can fix it and still be under resale value. Thanks for everyone's help answering questions. I guess I should be asking what are the first things I should be adding/ upgrading for mainly wake surfing. Also sounds like the jumper cable is a necessity for the known screen issues. Cheers!! 

img%5Dimg%5Dimg%5Dimg%5Dimg%5D

Awesome story. Congratulations 🎉 

• Like 2

Wow awesome how that all worked out and you got an amazing deal.  The Malibu FB page is a hot mess to say the least this site is much better but it is entertaining to say the least.

Anyway...when it comes time to upgrade to the 247 you can sell it to me  and still make a profit! 😉

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, RedWakesetterVLX said:

Wow awesome how that all worked out and you got an amazing deal.  The Malibu FB page is a hot mess to say the least this site is much better but it is entertaining to say the least.

Anyway...when it comes time to upgrade to the 247 you can sell it to me  and still make a profit! 😉

it will probably be a year and we talk hahaha. 

• Like 1