Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Slayer

2021 23 LSV Order

Recommended Posts

Slayer

So I'm about to order a 2021 23 LSV.  I have a couple of questions.....

 

  1. Speed prop - I'm in SE, MI and our elevation is ~1,000 ASL.  I'm figuring that with the 2:1 I'll be good with the speed prop.  What should I expect in terms of surfing RPM with the M6?
  2. What is the midship eMLS4ff and Rear eMLS4ff?  They are listed on the options with no value in the quote that I've received.  I assume these to be the subfloor ballast in the mid and rear and they're included as standard equipment.  Is this correct?
  3. What are your must haves in a build?  I'm pretty confident I have all I need.  I'm not ordering a heated seat, but I am ordering a 3 outlet heater.  Other options include deck trac, bow phone holders, power seat, soft grip floor, back up camera, walkover filler cushion, battery option 3, Icon 8's (2 pair), docking lights, underwater lights, sport dash, dash and upholstery top stitch, pull up cleats, tower amp, PTM clamping racks, surf pipe.

 

What am I missing, if anything??

 

The wake view bench is in our pricing right now but I'm not sure we're going to get it.  We decided against the fold down swimstep.  I'm reserving an option like that until I'm in my 60's.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
guitarcrazy

I am in the same boat, no pun intended.  Looking at ordering 2021 to replace my 2017.  I don't want the swim step either, but do want sea deck flooring, tower speakers, filler cushion, heater, shower, and M6.  Not sure I need anything else?  Looking like it is still going to be at least $30K more than my 2017 was, which is a sizable nut.  

Share this post


Link to post
ahopkinsVTX

Congrats! And build sounds solid. The only must haves I can think of that you don’t have listed are transom trailer steps and the tower mirror, you seem to have the other ones I’d check. The heated seat would be on my nice to have list and so would the battery charger (or is that part of option 3)?

Where are the design pics??!

Share this post


Link to post
NWBU
1 hour ago, Slayer said:

So I'm about to order a 2021 23 LSV.  I have a couple of questions.....

  1. Speed prop - I'm in SE, MI and our elevation is ~1,000 ASL.  I'm figuring that with the 2:1 I'll be good with the speed prop.  What should I expect in terms of surfing RPM with the M6?
  2. What is the midship eMLS4ff and Rear eMLS4ff?  They are listed on the options with no value in the quote that I've received.  I assume these to be the subfloor ballast in the mid and rear and they're included as standard equipment.  Is this correct?
  3. What are your must haves in a build?  I'm pretty confident I have all I need.  I'm not ordering a heated seat, but I am ordering a 3 outlet heater.  Other options include deck trac, bow phone holders, power seat, soft grip floor, back up camera, walkover filler cushion, battery option 3, Icon 8's (2 pair), docking lights, underwater lights, sport dash, dash and upholstery top stitch, pull up cleats, tower amp, PTM clamping racks, surf pipe.

What am I missing, if anything??

The wake view bench is in our pricing right now but I'm not sure we're going to get it.  We decided against the fold down swimstep.  I'm reserving an option like that until I'm in my 60's.

Those eMLS4ff are the standard mid and rear stock tanks.

Agree on not needing a heated seat if you have the heater. The battery charger is a separate option from battery option 3. Also make sure you get 3 pair of pull up cleats, not just 2. Guessing the dealer will check the transom straps for you, along with the transom steps, but every once in awhile someone gets a boat without either of those. Although you're in lift country, so I'm not even sure you care about the trailer. 

You're checking some nice to have boxes so I'd also make sure the tower hoop and arch are color matched to your tower color. Then post the pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Woodski

FYI - the CFO loved the heated seat I added, boat also has a heater.  I agree with her, I use the heated seat more than the heater FWIW. 

Share this post


Link to post
AxleGrease99
1 hour ago, Woodski said:

FYI - the CFO loved the heated seat I added, boat also has a heater.  I agree with her, I use the heated seat more than the heater FWIW. 

2nd the heated seat. The heater outlet by the drivers feet is nice but usually the other two pull outs are taken up by passengers. It’s nice to have the backside heated when wet / cold. 
 

I would personally consider trading the backup camera for heated seat. 
 

Also contemplated the walkthrough cushion and decided against it. Don’t regret it.  

Share this post


Link to post
tjklein

Not one time have I ever thought I needed a swim step. I get that some do, but it's by no means a must have option.

Edited by tjklein

Share this post


Link to post
SouthsideBoarder

I like the backup camera for when kids or the rider is at the back of the boat so I know where they are. I also turn it on when surfing and use both that and my mirror to keep an eye on the surfer. It’s something I think I’d check on every boat moving forward. YMMV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Brandonloos21

Which bimini are you getting? Also, post some pics 

Share this post


Link to post
surfdude
2 hours ago, Chrismoe said:

Hello,

Congrats on your (soon to be) new boat. Food for thought on the swim step. If you order it during the build it will cost you $2,200 or so. If you decide to add later, it will cost you over $6,000. Also, while I can pull myself out of the water some of my freinds cannot not so I love the swim step. Finally, having a swim step should increase resale market and price. 

Be well,

Chris

Are we as Malibu customers getting this old?😬

Share this post


Link to post
Pnwrider
23 minutes ago, surfdude said:

Are we as Malibu customers getting this old?😬

They’ve priced out all the young ones! 

Share this post


Link to post
Slayer
13 hours ago, akbu said:

out of curiosity, why wouldnt you want the flip down swim step? we love ours

I simply don't want it.  It's cool, but I see no need for it for our purposes.  It's also not a must have for us and not having it helps my budget because I've already experienced budget creep.

13 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Congrats! And build sounds solid. The only must haves I can think of that you don’t have listed are transom trailer steps and the tower mirror, you seem to have the other ones I’d check. The heated seat would be on my nice to have list and so would the battery charger (or is that part of option 3)?

Where are the design pics??!

No design pics.......there may be some changes, but we're close.  I'm trying to minimze flake in an effort to stay closer to the budget.  

13 hours ago, NWBU said:

Those eMLS4ff are the standard mid and rear stock tanks.

Agree on not needing a heated seat if you have the heater. The battery charger is a separate option from battery option 3. Also make sure you get 3 pair of pull up cleats, not just 2. Guessing the dealer will check the transom straps for you, along with the transom steps, but every once in awhile someone gets a boat without either of those. Although you're in lift country, so I'm not even sure you care about the trailer. 

You're checking some nice to have boxes so I'd also make sure the tower hoop and arch are color matched to your tower color. Then post the pics.

Thanks for the clarification on that.  I have checked the boxes for 3 pair of pull up cleats.  Transom straps are checked along with the steps.  Yes, I'm in lift country and my boat lives on one, but for the nominal amount of money this is a must have option for us.  We do travel with the boat from time to time and I would not want one without the steps.  

12 hours ago, Woodski said:

FYI - the CFO loved the heated seat I added, boat also has a heater.  I agree with her, I use the heated seat more than the heater FWIW. 

Yeah, I could see that.  For our uses, I think we'll be ok with the heater.  

10 hours ago, AxleGrease99 said:

2nd the heated seat. The heater outlet by the drivers feet is nice but usually the other two pull outs are taken up by passengers. It’s nice to have the backside heated when wet / cold. 
 

I would personally consider trading the backup camera for heated seat. 
 

Also contemplated the walkthrough cushion and decided against it. Don’t regret it.  

Interesting.  I considered ditching the walkthrough cushion as well, but I do know some people like to lay out there, so the thought was that it's more appealing from a resale perspective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Five Cent Worth

You know this is what we do, right?  We love spending other guys money.  :yahoo:

We wouldn't buy a Bu without a swim step.  It gets used 100% of the time we are on the water.  It is loved by all.  Young, middle age and old.  We believe it to be a nice differentiation in the Bu line up vs the others.  when the ladies have to "check the prop" in MAR or NOV - it is especially loved...

I will also vote on the rear view camera as well.  Something we try and use often however in the 2019 it is flip phone quality compared to 2020 and 2021.  It is incredibly easy to watch the surfer and drive with this engaged.  Nice on crowded days.  I don't live in the mid-west anymore, but having this over a heated driver seat would be a no brainer.  The only way the heated driver seat would keep us on the lake longer would be if the boss was driving - which she rarely does.

Not sure the options on the tower, but we use the surf pockets a lot.  

I am a tall 5' 8" and my wife is a tall 5' 3",  We haven't had a boat with the power seat but hear it is awesome.  

I would get rid of the walkthorugh cushion.  Is someone really going to walk from a resale for that?  I am sure you could get from the dealer during the time of sale.

And be sure to get those windows tinted.  Nothing sets the boat (and cars) off more!  I am sure the dealer can throw this in.

Edited by Five Cent Worth
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Ronnie

I had the flip platform on my ‘19. Didn’t on my ‘20. Will have it on my ‘21. Small kids and older folks love it. My wife really wanted it again and she has no trouble getting in the boat. 

Share this post


Link to post
bcoppess23

You asked about the speed prop but didn't provide much insight into how the boat is being used.  How many people do you have in your boat and how much weight do you plan to run for surfing ballast? 

I am a few hours south of you and similar elevation.  I went with the torque prop.  Did this because once I put the torque prop on my last boat, I was blown away by the firm, consistent pull - plus I am not on large lakes frequently to need the top end.  I do plan to get a spare prop at some point in time and may consider a different type.

Other option that we added onto our order was the side flip down entry steps.  Although, they are likely to only be used with entering/exiting the boat at a dock vs. from the back swim platform.

Share this post


Link to post
GSell14
23 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

 

We wouldn't buy a Bu without a swim step.  It gets used 100% of the time we are on the water.  It is loved by all.  Young, middle age and old.  We believe it to be a nice differentiation in the Bu line up vs the others.  when the ladies have to "check the prop" in MAR or NOV - it is especially loved...

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
malibudog

Phender pros.  Relatively cheap, and wouldn't have another boat without them given our typical use, which involves frequent use of docking bumpers.

Share this post


Link to post
Slayer
7 hours ago, malibudog said:

Phender pros.  Relatively cheap, and wouldn't have another boat without them given our typical use, which involves frequent use of docking bumpers.

I've considered this.  I don't think I've seen any boats in our area that have them and don't think they're necessary for our use.  We do use bumpers relatively regularly, but with the boat living on a hoist all season with the exception of a few trips a year to other lakes, I'm likely going to pass on these.  

 

I appreciate the information.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Slayer

Since there have been a few requests for what we're looking to build, below are some of the options we're considering.  We're still evaluating a few things.  One of which is flake.  We both like it, but aren't sure how much of it we want to pay for. 

 

We are a little nervous however as we're hearing from our dealer that they haven't even received confirmation on build slots for the stock boats they've ordered.  In the state, I can count on 1 hand the number of 2021 23 LSV stock boats that are available.  I was told today that if I finalized my order it's possible that it wouldn't spray until April or May of '21!  I thought that was kind of crazy, but given the way 2020 has been in general, perhaps it's possible.  

 

Here are the top contenders:

 

 

GMF & DBF 2021 23LSV.jpg

B & R 2021 23LSV.jpg

DB & G 2021 23LSV.jpg

G & BL 2021 23LSV.jpg

NBL & Black 2021 23LSV.jpg

B & BF 2021 23LSV.png

Share this post


Link to post
malibudog

I like 1 and 3, but boat colors are incredibly personal - pick what you like, or better yet, pick what your wife likes.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Steve B.

Seeing these cool photo's makes me think there needs to be an option for lighted "Malibu" lettering. Badly. 

Steve B.

Share this post


Link to post
Slayer
18 minutes ago, malibudog said:

I like 1 and 3, but boat colors are incredibly personal - pick what you like, or better yet, pick what your wife likes.  :)

She loves 1, but it's nothing but flake and expensive. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Five Cent Worth
4 minutes ago, Slayer said:

She loves 1, but it's nothing but flake and expensive. 

 

Glad your wife likes the more economical choices like mine....  

Here is number two in the flesh: https://www.lakenormanmarina.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=9363199&p=1&make=malibu boats&s=Year&d=D&t=new&fr=xnewinventory

I personally don't like the stepped look.  Just me.  I really like 2, 3 & 6.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...