Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sub enclosure 2019 A22

Cody7thomas

Hi,

Just seeing what people have done or recommend on a sub enclosure. I have a 2019 A22 with SP2 with 4 icon 8's. I hear about people building an enclosure around there sub and would like to see some examples or learn why I can or can't do it. Also thinking of upgrading one set of icon 8's to rev10's. So I would have a set of each. What are your thoughts, just looking to upgrade the sound a little. 

5 hours ago, Cody7thomas said:

Hi,

Just seeing what people have done or recommend on a sub enclosure. I have a 2019 A22 with SP2 with 4 icon 8's. I hear about people building an enclosure around there sub and would like to see some examples or learn why I can or can't do it. Also thinking of upgrading one set of icon 8's to rev10's. So I would have a set of each. What are your thoughts, just looking to upgrade the sound a little. 

I believe sp2 comes with  a 10” sub , if you are going to do an inclosure I would upgrade to a ws or Jl sub 12” sub  as it won’t cost that much more( that’s what I did and it makes a huge difference)  . For the tower if you go to Rev’s I would swap 1 set of 10’s for both icons , I have 4icons and a set of 10s properly tuned  blows them out of the water . I believe your 19 has  the dsp   Amps  so you may not be satisfied with just a speaker upgrade . 

if you post this in the stereo  section you will prob get a good bit more feedback ( not near as much traffic on the axis forums) 

Edited by smuurph84