Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 22 LSV

Wakesetter0402

Hello,

I am going to demo a 2019 22 LSV tomorrow. I was wondering if Anyone has heard of any issues with this boat as far as maintenance, functionality or wake? It has the 409 motor.

how does the surf wave compare to a 23 LSV or respective MXZ? Is it better for surfing or wakeboarding?

Any opinions or experience with this boat would be great!

thanks 

Edited by Wakesetter0402

No issues specific to a 2019 22LSV.

The surf wave is good.  The bigger the boat the bigger the wave, so naturally a 23 is a little bigger than a 22.  A 22 is not better than a 23 at surfing or wakeboarding.. but it is still a great boat for both.  The 22 is probably better a waterskiing than a 23.

The 22LSV is essentially identical to 2019 23LSV except a foot shorter and therefor a little lighter, but otherwise they pretty much look identical. Same design, gel scheme, features, etc. 

Good luck.

5 hours ago, Wakesetter0402 said:

Thanks @gregtay, have you surfed/rode behind one personally?

Nope, just the 23. Thought about going with a 22 because it fits a little better in the garage but we can make a 23 fit so we went with another 23.

While not exactly comparable. I have a 2018 22vlx with the wake hull and surf and wakeboard wake are both awesome. We have friends with Mastercrafts that cost almost twice as much and they all prefer our wave for surfing. 

we’re only upgrading this year because we want a bit more space and planned on moving up to a 23 once the garage space made room. Otherwise zero complaints about our boat 

Edited by SOcalSurfer

I just sold my 2019 22 LSV and it is a great boat. Awesome surf wave, great wakeboarding wake. And awesome features. 

I had the PCM 409 in mine and one nice aspect was how much quieter it is than the ford motors on the 22 vlxs. 

17 hours ago, geogilbert said:

I just sold my 2019 22 LSV and it is a great boat. Awesome surf wave, great wakeboarding wake. And awesome features. 

I had the PCM 409 in mine and one nice aspect was how much quieter it is than the ford motors on the 22 vlxs. 

This is the biggest complaint we have with our 22 VLX.  Otherwise, we love the boat.  It's also one of the reasons we're planning on ordering a 2021 23LSV.