Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do I prevent shock tube from sliding down rope?

Josh7711

Thank you in advance for reading this.

I’m trying to use this thing to prevent the rope from rubbing on the Bimini when surfing and wakeboarding but it keeps sliding down line. Any advice? Thanks!

761B584A-C59A-499F-AC26-4A1ECD9F467B.jpeg

The shock tube is designed to keep short-line-skier handle snaps from wrapping the ski rope around the driver's neck.  The loop on the end is made to go around the ski pylon where the ski rope attaches to keep the shock tube from sliding down the rope.  I'm not sure if that helps in your application or how you attach whatever it is you are attaching.  

Edited by jjackkrash
  • Like 3
45 minutes ago, Josh7711 said:

Thank you in advance for reading this.

I’m trying to use this thing to prevent the rope from rubbing on the Bimini when surfing and wakeboarding but it keeps sliding down line. Any advice? Thanks!

I use one for that exact purpose.. works great.  on mine the "loop" on the end is two velcro tabs so I just wrapped it tight around the rope where I wanted it.  My surf rope is a thick Ronix rope and the knots in the rope are a tight fit through the foam tube but that also helps keep it in place.  Doesn't move on the line at all, has been on there for a year now. 

GH010658_1595912172073.thumb.JPG.d126c54e6ceb4e92dbc4b095901205c9.JPG

Edited by gregtay
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, gregtay said:

I use one for that exact purpose.. works great.  on mine the "loop" on the end is two velcro tabs so I just wrapped it tight around the rope where I wanted it.  My surf rope is a thick Ronix rope and the knots in the rope are a tight fit through the foam tube but that also helps keep it in place.  Doesn't move on the line at all, has been on there for a year now. 

GH010658_1595912172073.thumb.JPG.d126c54e6ceb4e92dbc4b095901205c9.JPG

Nice!

I personally use a pool noodle for this exact purpose. My rope is tight enough that it doesnt slide down. I have been using the noodle for last 2yrs since seeing wear on the back end of my bimini & have a surfing buddy who does the same. Works well and is cheap if you need to replace it

1 hour ago, Infinitysurf said:

I personally use a pool noodle for this exact purpose. My rope is tight enough that it doesnt slide down. I have been using the noodle for last 2yrs since seeing wear on the back end of my bimini & have a surfing buddy who does the same. Works well and is cheap if you need to replace it

The ski rope shock tube is basically a pool noodle wrapped with some nice nylon.  So same thing, just looks a little more finished and the "tie" helps secure it in place if needed.