Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

6 hours ago, Maas said:

Nice boat @gtfish!  Love the purple

Big balls on you towing a boat like that with an suv with a 6k towing capacity!

No doubt it is stretching it but my dock is maybe 10-15 miles from the dealership so just took it easy and had no issues at all.   I was worried about pulling it out of the water today so I can take it back to the dealer for the first service.  But it pulled it out like a champ even though it is only 2 wheel drive.     My son will turn 16 soon and will try to get a truck that we can use for towing as well.  

1 hour ago, Jbcain said:

Seems heavy. I'll weigh my m6 and triple axle soon

The factory GM LT4 weighs 20 more pounds than the L86.  Guessing your boat will weigh approximately the same as the one above. 

Edited by rennis
On 11/3/2021 at 11:38 AM, gtfish said:

I am 6'1" and I would hit the middle set of speakers.  I might move mine as well.   And it hits me at the middle of the forehead so I am not tall enough to actually see the speakers.  

On my boat with the 4 Rev 10's I have room to spare,  on the factory boat I demo'd I hit them.  So I either shrunk or the mounts changed?   Anyway I don't have to worry about moving speakers around now until my son gets taller.  :) 

It’s an awesome boat for sure.  I moved to Minnesota from Arizona shortly after getting mine… now I’m impatiently waiting for the temperature to warm up, so I can put some more hours on it!

5 hours ago, gtfish said:

Got my T250 back from break in service,  ceramic coating, ppf installed on the rear transom, windshield tint and thruster install.   Pictures don't do the color justice, the purple has a ton of sparkle/flake that is hard to pick up by an iPhone camera.   Also de-badged and got rid of all of the warning (idiot) stickers around the interior/exterior of the boat.  Looks much cleaner now.       Will put it in the water tonight where hopefully it will remain for the season.   Temps in Austin will be 100 degrees this weekend so the cool water will feel awesome.

IMG_1224.thumb.jpeg.dd449c3cff7bac2bf5ea035baf7c1a52.jpegIMG_1225.thumb.jpeg.7f19db3aa16233cf61b0f162bc53c192.jpegIMG_1228.thumb.jpeg.b88c9a8f38e4b107bf024a9224c5fa6e.jpegIMG_1214.thumb.jpeg.ba4b181646aa282d3f63b7ab878613bf.jpeg

How much did they charge you for stern turn?

32 minutes ago, smuurph84 said:

How much did they charge you for stern turn?

About $8500 installed with the throttle.  You can save $700 or so if you use one of the other controls.  

4 hours ago, gtfish said:

About $8500 installed with the throttle.  You can save $700 or so if you use one of the other controls.  

You gotta let me know your thoughts on the thruster. Mine is getting installed before I pick it up. Pretty excited about it though. 

8 hours ago, MadCan said:

You gotta let me know your thoughts on the thruster. Mine is getting installed before I pick it up. Pretty excited about it though. 

I only used it getting off the trailer, to keep it straight as I backed up and helping it spin around.  Then used it to straighten the boat as I put it in the slip.  Worked great so far.   I have the upgraded Alternator and two batteries but the thruster could overwork those batteries if you use it too much, just small amounts here and there and all is good.  (According to the dealer). 

2 minutes ago, gtfish said:

I only used it getting off the trailer, to keep it straight as I backed up and helping it spin around.  Then used it to straighten the boat as I put it in the slip.  Worked great so far.   I have the upgraded Alternator and two batteries but the thruster could overwork those batteries if you use it too much, just small amounts here and there and all is good.  (According to the dealer). 

I have the upgraded alternator too but they said either a third battery will be added or the current two will be upgraded. Thankfully they have done quite a few already so hopefully they have it figured out. My slip is a port tie and with a 1 yr old and 3 yr old that like to “drive” (both boys) I’ll take all the help I can get. Not something I’ll rely on but handy nonetheless. 

On 4/16/2022 at 4:25 PM, CaptainMorgan said:

Have you gotten this beast on the water yet? Curious to hear your opinion on the surf wave vs your past couple A24s

The wave is bigger and longer ,I think there's room to improve the regular side wake with some lead , speed cleaned it up. This was just us looking at the wave for short bursts at the end of our 10 hour break in . No surfing to know about the push . Center tank is much bigger than the A24. There were only 2 of us on the boat. It sits much higher out of the water than the a24. I was told this hull likes a bit more speed closer to 12 . It seems like that's right with the little weight we had in it . I think someone could foil behind this thing with no ballast in it . So far, very happy with it,  but the A24 was wonderful. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Livinlogs said:

The wave is bigger and longer ,I think there's room to improve the regular side wake with some lead , speed cleaned it up. This was just us looking at the wave for short bursts at the end of our 10 hour break in . No surfing to know about the push . Center tank is much bigger than the A24. There were only 2 of us on the boat. It sits much higher out of the water than the a24. I was told this hull likes a bit more speed closer to 12 . It seems like that's right with the little weight we had in it . I think someone could foil behind this thing with no ballast in it . So far, very happy with it,  but the A24 was wonderful. 

Sounds sweet. Look forward to pics as you dial it in.  I keep building them online just in case the wife leaves an opening for upgrade...

@gtfishi'm interested in your PPF on the transom, what parts did they cover and does it go right to the edge? Have you done this in the past and how well does it hold up to being in the water all the time?

4 hours ago, Maas said:

@gtfishi'm interested in your PPF on the transom, what parts did they cover and does it go right to the edge? Have you done this in the past and how well does it hold up to being in the water all the time?

I’m interested in hearing about this too. Planning on putting 3m film a few inches above water line then down to bottom of freeboard. Running it from where flake starts (flip side) across transom and back around. Basically covering all the flake that will sit below the water line in an attempt to prevent flake oxidation. 

Here is an outline of where they installed the ppf.  I didn't communicate well with the installer apparently and I was thinking it would go from around the height of the swim deck and then up to cover all of the area that is purple.  This is what they did and I think it will be fine and do the job that I wanted to protect the area that is likely to get banged up from wake or surf boards.  It was only $120 so no big deal if I expand the protected area over the off season.   No experience with how it would hold up for those areas below the water line, but I think as long as it was installed well and had time to cure that it would be fine.  

imagejpeg_0.thumb.jpg.9ea78901f90e7ca1dbc6ba91eca9343f.jpg

Edited by gtfish
  • 2 weeks later...